Author Topic: Wanted: Captain Fordo 3.75 Vintage Collection Figure  (Read 2436 times)

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Wanted: Captain Fordo 3.75 Vintage Collection Figure
« on: August 05, 2019, 12:14:13 AM »
Would anyone be willing to trade or sell one?
https://imgur.com/a/OAxWvoo
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:16:26 AM by Clanleaderyautja »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Wanted: Captain Fordo 3.75 Vintage Collection Figure
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 07:20:49 AM »
That one is going for crazy nuts on the bay right now. It was one of the best if not the best expanded universe vintage carded figure there was imo.

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »
That one is going for crazy nuts on the bay right now. It was one of the best if not the best expanded universe vintage carded figure there was imo.

I saw a complete one go for $41
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:33:51 AM »
If you’re looking for a loose unit then tunghori might help you! He still got some remaining samples for $16.99:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392368580209

He sold the second helmet separately for $5.99, which is ridiculous if you asked me. If you want one of those, just ask him. I’m sure he still got some of them as well.

I got a loose one on sale for 25€ - nobody wants him. It seems people are not willing to pay as much here in Germany than collectors are in the U.S.
I also got 2 carded Fordos from back in the days, which I will also sell eventually. I really want to help you out and hope this post is helpful.
I’m afraid shipping from Germany will exceed $41, though.

Patience always pays off in this hobby so keep watching out for those ARCs - you’ll get one for a fair price sooner or later.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasbro re-released Fordo with photo real tech, too.

Good luck!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:24:03 AM by Tamer »

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 08:26:09 PM »
If you’re looking for a loose unit then tunghori might help you! He still got some remaining samples for $16.99:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392368580209

He sold the second helmet separately for $5.99, which is ridiculous if you asked me. If you want one of those, just ask him. I’m sure he still got some of them as well.

I got a loose one on sale for 25€ - nobody wants him. It seems people are not willing to pay as much here in Germany than collectors are in the U.S.
I also got 2 carded Fordos from back in the days, which I will also sell eventually. I really want to help you out and hope this post is helpful.
I’m afraid shipping from Germany will exceed $41, though.

Patience always pays off in this hobby so keep watching out for those ARCs - you’ll get one for a fair price sooner or later.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasbro re-released Fordo with photo real tech, too.

Good luck!

- Philipp

Hopefully one of these days... I really do want him, but I want to get him with all the accessories.

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 11:56:46 AM »
Finally snagged one for $45. YES!!!!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 02:42:10 PM »
I'm glad you finally got one! Is Fordo still on card for those 45 bucks or loose?

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 06:12:40 AM »
I'm glad you finally got one! Is Fordo still on card for those 45 bucks or loose?

It was loose. But that's still good because the cheapest I've seen loose go was for $65 without shipping.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:00 AM »
Wow, that figure increased in price quite a bit. I think it’s still with $45.
I don’t want to tease you here in any way, I’m just very surprised to see that people over in the U.S. are willing to pay (often much) more for certain items than people do here in Germany. I’m surprised because those collectibles were available in tremendously higher quantities in the U.S. and it’s still hard to find stuff here in Germany.
Other counties here in Europe are off even worse. But I’ve heard that distribution in the United States has become a nightmare since 2012.
The last time I was in Michigan was in 2014 - and there was significantly less Star Wars product on shelves.

Here are some examples regarding Fordo:

I found him on a second platform of ebay similar to Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. I got a lot of 5 figures for 30€ shipped - so Fordo is missing a gun, but for 6€ it’s still fun!

Also I saw those two ARC Troopers for 27€ - so the seller might even sell them for 13€ each - and they’re both complete.
Maybe you’ll also find your wanted figures and Republic Commandos through similar sources and places. Patience ALWAYS pays off in this hobby.

Best regards

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:13:36 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 07:14:35 AM »
So this is where my loose Fordo stands now. Are you also going to share some pics of your new acquisition? ;)

Online RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 01:00:10 PM »
I certainly will once he gets here. He's still in shipment. I also picked up a Selucami scout trooper for cheap.