Author Topic: Stitch Fett's Customs  (Read 31790 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Stitch Fett's Customs
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:02:58 AM »
I am starting this thread for Stitch Fett after looking at an ebay link yesterday and having heard from him last night. This guy has talent we can all appreciate and I hope I can get him on here showing us more!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Stitch Fett's Customs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:43:07 AM »
Awesome custom Stitch. Is that a micro man body under there?

Offline Stitch_Fett

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:08 AM »
Thanks to Tamer for the thread, yes Sprywalker it's a microman under the armor.  The process as I like to say it's "simple but not easy", basicaly you clean the armor and insert the micro inside, I will come back during the weekend to answer question and post a special tutorial exclusively for you guys, while you wait here are some pics that shows the guy before paint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »
Stitchfett, welcome to the shipyards! I have been following your work for a while now and love your microman customs! Can't wait to see more.

Offline Stitch_Fett

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 07:27:04 AM »
Tnks Clonehead, I started building this guys 3 years ago when I found some pics in the internet so I can't take the credit for the idea but as I read somewhere; "it's not plagiarism it's collective research" (lol). The following pics shows how I took the idea from the ones I found in the web and did my first Microclone (sorry it was an RC) , enjoy!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »
I've been aquainted with your work before as well.   I've always thought it was phenomenal.  This is extreme kitbashing! 

I've always wondered exactly how you placed the armor on much of the figure, the micromen figs usually have areas directly in the middle of the thigh, and arms that swivel, when you cover those up with the armor are those joints inoperable?

I've always wondered how you manage to sell these at the prices you do.... but that was before I tried buying some micromen for my own projects.  They are hellishly expensive and extremely rare now.  Do you have a hoard of micro men collected up and saved for your projects? 

can't wait to see the tutorial and see more of these figures.  If you browse around a bit you'll find that I'm a stickler for articulation in my figures, and you sir, with your micromen soldiers, surpass the articulation of any of my figures!  I might just have to use a micro-man in my next mando project to try and stay on par!  :P

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »
I've seen your figures on the Bay and thought about buying one, but being a family guy, I couldn't muster the cash and get away with it.
Looking forward to your tutorial as I'm really excited about learning how you do the figures.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 02:56:51 PM »
I too have been following stitch on eBay and wish some day to be as good as he is with his microclones. Welcome to the Shipyards and welcome to the best custom toy corner in the world.

You're one of the best at your craft and I can't wait to see how you do what you do. =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »
Nice work so far!  Welcome to the 'Yards!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
Welcome to the Yard, not a fan of clones - yeah there always has to be one, lol.

But I am interested in seeing other custom work from you using the Micro Man method.  And to be honest Spuddafett is being modest.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
nice customs

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 12:30:31 AM »
Welcome to the yards! I have been drooling over your work on ebay for ages, never have enough spare cash though otherwise I think I would probably buy them all lol. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Offline Stitch_Fett

• Ensign
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome people, just so you know this is the first time most of this WIP pictures are available, I hope you like them, now to answer a few Q's;

if you trim the armor in the right spot there is no loss of articulation, they are expensive, I don't have an army but I do keep 4 with me at all times then when an order is made I check to see if there is a lot for auction or buy them individually, that way I always have figures available (the same goes for the clones). Family comes first and spending $70-100 in a figure is asking for a divorce, I am always happy to show others how to do it because it's not that complicated, the micro cost an average of $20, the clone $10, you can build one for less than $40 (+ s/h) . My price gets you a nice custom Microclone with all the joints tested before I ship them (yes I play with them just to check if I can brake it, lol) if I brake a part I replace it and I take the loss and that's one of the reasons of the tag but don't worry I am working in a video tutorial where you will actualy see me at work.

Each one of YOU are as good or better than me (you just don't know it yet), I learn by trial and error, because I experiment with different techniques to do one thing and by luck discover another one. I wasn't a fan of clones until I had a microman in my hands, I have a bussiness partner and we are currently working in Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians and Scouts. I have to leave, I'm in the middle of moving my workshop, here's more pics, enjoy!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
Well it's cool to see some of your WIP shots, Stitch. I hear you on the trial and error part of this whole customs game. I have learned so many techniques just by accident while I was working on solving other problems that it isn't funny.

How many figures do you think that you have sold total and when did you start doing custom figures?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
Wow, sweet looking figures.  Thanks for sharing your images with us as well as your techniques.