Poll

Which of the following books/stories should remain a part of the Star Wars Canon?

Shadows of the Empire
5 (35.7%)
Crimson Empire 1, 2 & 3
0 (0%)
Kyle Katarn Trilogy
0 (0%)
Thrawn Trilogy
3 (21.4%)
All of them
6 (42.9%)
None of them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Check it out!  (Read 78337 times)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Re: Mungo's Customs: Update - New EVII Poll Question - 3/20/2013
« Reply #870 on: March 24, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »
Hoping to get more votes on this poll question. Please rock my vote...lol!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #871 on: March 24, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »
I voted for Ben Skywalker, although I wouldn't mind seeing Anakin Solo either!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #872 on: March 24, 2013, 05:52:11 PM »
I am kinda hoping we see Boba rocket out of that Sarlaac Pit all covered in grime. It will be hard for me not to stand up in the movie theatre and hoot and holler if that happens.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #873 on: October 27, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »
It has been a while since I have posted a new custom, but this is one I posted yesterday (10/26/13) over a Yakface.com for the "Yakfinities #50 - THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY" contest.

Tal-Es Kyat was a palace guard/enforcer for Jabba Desilijic Tiure, better known as Jabba the Hutt. Fortunately for him he wasn't on the Sail Barge when they took Skywalker and his companions to be cast in to the Great Pit of Carkoon, to be fed to the fearsome Sarlacc. After Jabba's demise, he simply drifted back in to Tatooine's low-life society and eventually settled in to a career in smuggling.

Hope you like it...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Mungo's Update: - 10/27/2013 - Tal-Es Kyat
« Reply #874 on: October 27, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
Nice work, mungo! It's good to see you.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #875 on: October 27, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
Thanks Clonehead. Good to be back!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #876 on: October 28, 2013, 02:57:39 AM »
Hey its Mungo! Time to share your great custom.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #877 on: October 31, 2013, 05:24:09 AM »
Great head swap! The neck is even already the right color!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #878 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
Thanks Spry. However, I actually had to paint the neck with 3 different colors to get the right color combination.  The arms are from Dr. Evazan, the hands and head are from the MIB "Stalk Eyes" figure. The mele weapon is the blade with a piece of dowel for the handle with wraps at the top and bottom. Then the belt is a bunch of pouches. The feet are from another figure...can't remember which one. It doesn't look that much different, but there are a lot of little changes. Even the pistol is a random extra pistol I had laying around.

Sorry, for the long reply. I appreciate the compliments as always. With so many talented people out there making customs, sometimes I feel my work is a bit sub-standard.

Anyway, I wish this had been a simple head swap...lol.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:20:45 AM by Mungo Baobab »

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #879 on: October 31, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »
I just made MARSHALL!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #880 on: November 02, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »
Oh wow, I did not realize that. Thanks for the info and parts list. Great figure and by the way, I enjoy your updates.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #881 on: November 11, 2013, 08:02:42 PM »
This is my 2nd Yakfinities #50 - THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY - Contest entry. Posted it earlier today over a Yakface.com, but wanted to share it here with all of you at the yards.

Jerimyah Calwell is a moisture farmer on Tatooine. He was in Mos Eisley the day Ben, Luke, and the droids came to the cantina. Kenobi saved Calwell's life when he was attacked by Tuskens. If not for Ben, Jerimyah claims he would have lost more than his leg.

BACKSTORY
It was early morning. I was checking on a group of vaporators to the south. I am usually pretty aware of my surroundings, but I had the audio-net turned up in my speeder listening to some music. All of the sudden a group of Tuskens came out of nowhere. It was a small group of ‘em, a total of six. When I laid eyes on the first one, I ran toward my speeder. I got between my speeder and a rock formation for cover, drew my blaster and got ready for a fight. One of them fired first. The windshield of my speeder shattered when it was struck by a slug. I snapped off one shot and one fell. I squeezed off another round and down went a second. What I didn’t know is that even though initially saw six of ‘em there was a seventh scoundrel ridin’ on a bantha. He came from my right and steered the big animal right in to my speeder. I tried to move, but wasn’t fast enough. My leg was pinned between the rock and the speeder. The Tusken on the bantha slid out of his saddle and the five of them surrounded my speeder. Gaffi sticks raised, I thought it was over. I had dropped my blaster and couldn’t reach it. I closed my eyes tight and raised my arms hoping in some way they would save me from being killed. Then the air was filled with a loud shrill. It was a Krayt Dragon. If things were bad before, they just got increasingly worse. Those savages were looking in every direction as they ran off, but I was relieved for only a second. I heard movement from behind the rocks and my heart nearly stopped. I knew I was about to be dragon food. Once again, I closed my eyes tightly holding my breath. Readying myself to meet death.

[Male Voice] – Hello there? It looks as if your party is over. All your guests seem to be running home.

I slowly opened my eyes and exhaled in relief.

[Jerimyah Calwell] – Ben Kenobi! What are you doing out here you old wizard?

Ben grinned through his white beard.

[Kenobi] – I was out taking a morning stroll through the desert when I heard your little party. I saw that a bit of a ruckus had begun and thought I could help sort things out.

[Calwell] – Oh, that. It seems they didn’t like my taste in music. I wanted to listen to the “Screaming Jawas” and they wanted to hear “The Palpatones.”

[Kenobi] – Oh. I would have to agree with you, the “Screaming Jawas” are definitely the better group. However, I have always preferred the “Space Monkeys” myself.

We both laughed and then wave of pain washed over me. It was my leg.

[Calwell] - Ben, I think I could use a hand.

[Kenobi] – Yes, well, we better get you to a doctor.

Kenobi some how moved the speeder that had me pinned to the rock and the lifted me in to the speeder. The next thing I knew he was driving me to the doctor over in Anchorhead. I was in and out of consciousness all the way to there. We barely got in the door and I totally blacked out. From what the doctor told me, old Ben stayed right there with me until I was stabilized. Yeah, if it weren’t for that crazy old wizard, I would have lost more than my leg that day.

When we get done loading the supplies we will head over to Chalmun's. I’ll introduce you guys to Ben. Drinks are on me!

Enjoy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Mungo's Update: 2nd Yakfinities #50 Entry - Jerimyah Calwell
« Reply #882 on: November 12, 2013, 03:54:57 AM »
Love that leg and back-story Mungo. Off to share.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #883 on: November 12, 2013, 06:26:20 AM »
Very Cool!  I love the back story. 

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #884 on: November 12, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
Thanks Tamer and JM. I appreciate your kind words.