Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > General Hasbro collecting

Store Exclusives

(1/3) > >>

Tamer:

So this is what I am left with after hitting refresh about a thousand times on the Target Exclusive TVC Fett that came out yesterday.

So the price point of 20 bucks aside this is how it went for me. I got on there a little after the release time 1pm and it said sold out. I took a special break yesterday and had someone cover for me so I could do this. Needless to say I was ticked.

Then, I get a message from a buddy that it evidently hadn't even started selling yet and was now up for order. So, I got a buddy to cover again and actually did see the preorder button, but when I clicked it it said preorders sold out.

I get home from work and see images on social media where folks had ordered 99 at one time! Ugh!

And then I see the image above this morning and feel like I am just about done with collecting. I know that is me just being angry, but are store exclusives gonna spell the doom of collecting as we knew it. I mean the pegs aren't full ever in my area, you have to count on online to be able to get an order in if you want it.

I know it is just me venting, but man I think if someone offered me an even remotely interesting price for my collection today I think I would sell and just be done with the frustration.

How do we solve this? I have a few ideas, but would love to know what you think.

JDeck:
Damn that sucks, everyone talks about how bad walmart is, but Target is worse.
I thought the figure was way overpriced, so I'm surprised there was such a mad rush to buy it. I don't see what is deluxe about this figure. I spent a lot on army builder stuff this week so I was in no mood to pay 20 for something that should be 14.

The next Q&A we need to ask about the boba fett tax.   It seems to me that all of the new Boba Fett figures with Tameura Morrison headsculpt costs $6 more than it should. The last TVC TBOBF figure was 26 and some change when the similar boxed walmart deluxe sets were 20.  Id like to know why.

MandoMuggle:
I hate exclusives. I think bottom line, Hasbro really doesn't care because they know we will still buy their products regardless.

It's still profit for them regardless of who get's it and that's the sad truth.

--- Quote from: JDeck on January 26, 2022, 07:22:12 AM ---Damn that sucks, everyone talks about how bad walmart is, but Target is worse.
I thought the figure was way overpriced, so I'm surprised there was such a mad rush to buy it. I don't see what is deluxe about this figure. I spent a lot on army builder stuff this week so I was in no mood to pay 20 for something that should be 14.

The next Q&A we need to ask about the boba fett tax.   It seems to me that all of the new Boba Fett figures with Tameura Morrison headsculpt costs $6 more than it should. The last TVC TBOBF figure was 26 and some change when the similar boxed walmart deluxe sets were 20.  Id like to know why.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure the answer we'll get about the Boba tax will be something along the lines of "a premium quality figure for a fan favourite character"

I say the more we can challenge and question the better. I love Boba Fett but I didn't order the Hasbro 6" BS one that's coming out. I figured if I was gonna spend that much $ on a figure, I may as well get the Bandai SHF version.

Tamer:
I will be sure to ask this if they ever let me ask questions again.

DarthHawk:
My latest front door finds were The Art of Dave Dorman and Princess Leia on Speeder bike.
The big speeder bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version