Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Wave 1  (Read 11471 times)

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
Re: Vintage 2010 Wave 1
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »
that threepio looks awful

jay i agree but this c-3po has removable parts
but what scene in the movie does the removable panels depict? am i forgetting something from esb?

i will probably get them all just for the cards. dengar, dak, at-at driver, luke, leia, and the cloud car pilot r definites tho.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »
LOL, at first, I thought that the Luke head sculpt looked like a younger Tommy Lee Jones. Now, I don't mind it, so much.

Here are some more toyfair images, thanks to rebelscum.

Here, Leia's vest appears removable.

I thought that the removable coverings on the C3Po fig was in interesting move to make

In these shots, it appears that the ATAT commander's armor is a front and back removable piece

I also like that the goggles are a seperate piece and wonder what they look like over his eyes.

My favorites from this wave are easily the Dengar, the Cloud Car Pilot, and the ATAT commander.
The removable coverings do not depict any scene that I know of.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »
I suspect the idea for removable panels on 3PO came about so they could use this basic protocol figure mold.  Lucasfilm has, up till now, insisted that all C3PO figures use the vac-metal look.  Hasbro has wanted to use another mold that incorporated more articulation; but the vac-metal process made it difficult, if not impossible, to carry out.  It was probably a matter of adding something extra cool (subject to interpretation  of course) so they could get the approval to go with a non-vac-metalized look.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
Ok folks, I have had these since Sunday Morning, but life has taken precedence. Sorry guys, I am working as fast as I can.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »
Ok folks, I have had these since Sunday Morning, but life has taken precedence. Sorry guys, I am working as fast as I can.

Why is Boba pictured with a Jango blaster?
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »
I'm surprised the AT-AT Commander isn't General Veers.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
I'm surprised the AT-AT Commander isn't General Veers.

I'd venture to guess the only reason it isn't General Veers is because this figure is part of the vintage line.  And beings the vintage card says "AT-AT Commander", we get AT-AT Commander. 

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
Never had a Dak in the vintage line either so they could call Veers whatever they wanted I guess,   I am still thinking this "series" is just not right being called "Vintage"

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
Never had a Dak in the vintage line either so they could call Veers whatever they wanted I guess,   I am still thinking this "series" is just not right being called "Vintage"

It is a good point.  In my head I've rationalized it as Hasbro thinking, "We'll use the same vintage throwback if the character can be easily compared to something that came before.  If it's a character that has in no way been done in the past, we'll try to replicate the look and feel of what might have been back then."

"Vintage" might not feel quite as descriptive--what with never before released characters in this type packaging; but I think any longer and more descriptive name would still have the word "vintage" in it.  To that end, it would probably just get shortened to "Vintage".  Unless, someone could think of a cool acronym.  Somebody needs to do that...  I don't think Tamer is busy.   >:D  JUST KIDDING.  Tamer, I can tell you're working your rear off with updates and all.  Great Work!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »
hmm im surprised noone has commented on this yet....   Luke looks as though he has ball jointed hips.  The hip joint is styled differently than normal swivel hips at least.  Perhaps this is a step towards the ball joint instead the standard swivel? 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 06:17:35 AM »
Hmm.....interesting Devin. Just now noticed the jango pistol too. I think we need a hasbro question in regards to the vintage cards and why they are calling this the vintage line.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 07:50:03 AM »
I'm almost positive it was already confirmed Luke has ball jointed hips. 

Rebelscum also confirmed that Luke DOES have ankle articulation:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/TF2010_Hasbro_Star_Wars_Press_Photos_WriteUp_129489.asp

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »
That's the best looking Luke ever in my opinion. Like Han's new coat and welding mask but his head looks funny. Same with Leia, she looks too cartoony. AT-AT Commander looks like he is deformed. Dengar? Another one? Was that necessary? Boba Fett I don't see anything new with him. That C-3Po? They need to give him the Metal paint job from the '96 version. Cloud car pilot looks like the 10th member of the Village People. Dack...it's about time. That Vader shows everything that they are doing wrong. Get rid of the cloth capes if you can't get it right Hasbro. I mean, you can count all the threads they used to make that cape. The pores are humongous.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
I am pretty disappointed in those arms for that at-at commander. Oh well, maybe Devin can work his majic. I was messing with my full arty snowtrooper and atat driver this morning. Man it is sweet being able to get them in multiple poses!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
I'm hoping some of the things we all seem to dislike about the pictured wave can be attributed to the prototype nature of these figures.  I'm not a fan of Han's head sculpt either; but I have a feeling it's pretty darn close to what we'll get.  However, that Vader head really doesn't look like it belongs on that Vader body.