Author Topic: August Figure Repaint Competition  (Read 26039 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: August Figure Repaint Competition
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
Christoph this looks great. I know one person who will take that repaint off your hands should you decide you have one too many at-at drivers.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »
I have mine done but i think i know whos already one and to him i have to say

show off  ;)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 04:26:53 PM »
I haven't started on mine, but I will when I get home.  I'm not going to spoil it, but it's NOT going to be in the 3 3/4" range...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »
I am anxious to see your project, Spud. Yep, I was planning on leaving the rangefinder and as per the rules of the contest, I have to.
My idea was that this could be a Pre vizsla from a different timeline, either before or after the clone wars version that we had seen.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 03:47:54 AM »
where do we send it to

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »
Great customs ars and FF!
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
I present, for your viewing pleasure, Teen Boba...

years after the tradgedy that left him an orphan Boba becomes an outcast to society... trained in the art of the hunt by his father early in his life bounty hunting is his blood...  Befriended by Aurra Sing, Bossk and other bounty hunters during the clone wars he began his journy to find himself...

During his teens Boba dons his own personalized set of mandalorian armor, drawing influences from his dying culture's traditions as well as modifying his father's armor...  Much of his armor was custom made for himself, and made to fit his smaller frame....
 as he still had alot of growing to do to fill his father's shoes......

wips:

finished:

I handpainted EVERYTHING on this figure.  It took me a total of 7 hours strait to paint this figure...  ALOT of fine detail touch ups and fixing screw ups... 
This figure is a repaint of the mandalorian that came in the speeder bike vehicle pack.  I used pre-visla as the "original" comparison figure because I forgot to take pictures of the figure before I started :(....   
Please bear in mind that the figure meant for this contest is ONLY the repainte Clone Wars mando, NOT the other figures in the pictures, those are there only to show scale, and comparison, and for fun. 

thanks guys, let me know what you think!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Devin, I love it. Nice job on the paint apps. I totally believe that it took 7 hrs, buddy. When I get a chance, I can send you a pic of the mando from the speeder pack. I have a ton of stuff to do tonight, including working on my figure but, I will try to get this one on the fp.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »
Good job man, I like that you put the dents on his helmet and crotch. Nice attention to detail.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »
Devin, that is freaking awesome man.  So cool, and it looks exactly like it should for a teenage Boba.  This is going to be such a great contest!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »
your Teen Boba is an  amazing custom Devin
the quality of your customs impress me again and again

great job

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »
your Teen Boba is an  amazing custom Devin
the quality of your customs impress me again and again
great job

Thanks guys, I appreciate the praise.  I think the lines on the backpack could be touched up in alot of places, I did it close to last and I'd been up for a LONG time so I was getting tired and more than a little crosseyed. 

I'm happiest with how the chest and shoulder emblems turned out.  I don't think the photos do them justice as to just how small I was able to get them.... I impressed myself with those even! lol.

I'm actually realy proud of myself on this one.  I pushed myself to try and get every tiny detail as close to perfect as I could.  I think it turned out realy well, even if it doesn't do well in the contest I'm happy with it! :)

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
its amazing man i really love it!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Man leave it to spud to up the anty now I really have to get my gears going all of these look truly superb Ill be happy to just get mine on here you guys are fantastic!!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010, 01:00:43 PM »
Man leave it to spud to up the anty now I really have to get my gears going all of these look truly superb Ill be happy to just get mine on here you guys are fantastic!!!

well thanks!  I don't think it's quite up to par with the other master painters here so I take that as a great compliment.

there are alot of things I realy envisioned for this figure that I might actually wind up doing after the contest is over.  I would love to add a range finder to the helmet.. or at least use a helmet that has a rangefinder allready.  I'd like to add movie style gauntlets instead of the animated featureless gauntlets (what's with that anyway? were they realy like that in the episode!?)  I'd also like to have given him a removable helmet with a young jango/clone head sculpt... as well as his traditional fett-rifle...

BUT... per the rules I couldn't do any of that! lol.  it was very tough not to, at one point I was getting the jango head out and trying it on the figure and i had to stop myself! lol