Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31528 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2020, 06:03:50 AM »
Nice. Sorry to hear your stuff got swept away it was one windy day yesterday.

It sure turned out great though. I like it.

Off to share it on the front pages.

I know I sure wouldn't mind going to Galaxy's Edge sometime. Course not till the covid stuff is way in the back burner.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2020, 08:18:18 AM »
   So I decided to redesign the spaceport, from a concrete fortress city, to  more of a stone castle city, while I still can.  So I redid the facade for the Droid workshop. It's a stone base made of XPS Foam with a homemade modge podge made from wood glue and black craft paint. Then added a door frame and different materials to it. The outside lampshade is a Astro droid dome. It still needs much work, but this is the mock-up.

That's awesome, love the use of the shuttle doors  8)  ..would you have one of the double cannons from the end of the wing tips for sale by any chance? ..mines missing one

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2020, 08:40:18 AM »
   So I decided to redesign the spaceport, from a concrete fortress city, to  more of a stone castle city, while I still can.  So I redid the facade for the Droid workshop. It's a stone base made of XPS Foam with a homemade modge podge made from wood glue and black craft paint. Then added a door frame and different materials to it. The outside lampshade is a Astro droid dome. It still needs much work, but this is the mock-up.

That's awesome, love the use of the shuttle doors  8)  ..would you have one of the double cannons from the end of the wing tips for sale by any chance? ..mines missing one

Thank you! They are Shuttle wings, however they are from the 1/92 Revell kit.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »
Nice. Sorry to hear your stuff got swept away it was one windy day yesterday.

It sure turned out great though. I like it.

Off to share it on the front pages.

I know I sure wouldn't mind going to Galaxy's Edge sometime. Course not till the covid stuff is way in the back burner.

Thank you. It worked out, it's just I only have but so many Astro domes. I have no idea where it blew off to.

It'll be quite some time before I can get to Galaxy's Edge. I've been promising my brother I'd come visit for years. Just yester I had to pay a guy just so I can train him to work a weekend for me next month. It's been 2 years since I've had any time off.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2020, 11:56:38 AM »
This awesome mate, well done.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2020, 12:30:07 PM »

Thank you! They are Shuttle wings, however they are from the 1/92 Revell kit.

I should of realized that from the size lol ;D  ..thanks anyway  ;)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2020, 09:01:53 PM »
Looks great! I like the new facade design a lot. Stone-ish feels like its got more character than concrete (more room for backstories on the buildings too, maybe). Sorry that nobody else in your world in interested in Galaxy's Edge. My family is all hoping to go and excited about it, but we're waiting. Maybe next summer, we plan to visit family in CA.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2020, 07:53:49 AM »
This awesome mate, well done.

Thank you. I think I'll experiment some more with making stone work, but the homemade modge podge gives decent texture.

Looks great! I like the new facade design a lot. Stone-ish feels like its got more character than concrete (more room for backstories on the buildings too, maybe). Sorry that nobody else in your world in interested in Galaxy's Edge. My family is all hoping to go and excited about it, but we're waiting. Maybe next summer, we plan to visit family in CA.

Thank you! It's a lot quicker to do this than the way I was making concrete effects. But yeah this has an older ancient look to it.

GE is basically just a bunch of shops and two rides.  They should make a Star Wars themed truck stop on the way to Disney. Like South Of The Border, but Star wars instead of Mexican. That I'd go to in an instant. It seems like a long ways away for what it is, because I'm not interested in the rest of the park really.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:40:14 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2020, 06:31:28 PM »
  I'm experimenting with weathering my pencil box crates. Like I've done before I take these Walmart/Michael's pencil boxes. I take off the lid and lid latches, then super glue two together. Then spray primed then spray painted in this case Tamiya Dull Red. Then I started dry brushing using different shades of red then silver. Then I added the decals. In this case I wanted a more private sector as opposed to Imperial crates, so I used Black Sun decal and the letter A in Aurebesh, on the bottom is a sign of some kind, I haven't deciphered it, but I imagine it's some kind of warning sign or instructions.  Then I used a black wash, then. I made a paste using pastel chalk and my black wash. Smeared it all over and wiped it off. 
   I have a bunch of these, and I have some custom decals I was going to use for signs, but they would look cool on these crates. They are logos such as Amazon, Black Spire Coffee, Droid Depot, a star wars version of the NASA sign and TESCO some kind of European grocery chain.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:18:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2020, 03:14:24 AM »
These look perfect! Man, we so need more stuff like this in our hobby.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2020, 09:25:09 AM »
These look perfect! Man, we so need more stuff like this in our hobby.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thank you. We can definitely use more diorama accessories. The 3d/resin crates are great if you only need a couple, but I need a lot.  You know what I really want? The cargo containers from the GR-75 Rebel Transport in 1/18.
I was supposed to get my Star Wars excavation crates but they got lost in the DC post office which is the Bermuda triangle of mail. They're still sending out letters from WW2. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get them this century.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 06:32:31 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2020, 06:51:50 PM »
  I finished the first batch of crates. I used the decals I got from Bad Mother Customs. I really like the Amazon one. The fading on the blue one came out cool. I used grey to give the more colorful decals more contrast. I need to make more, at least twice as many.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:35:32 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2020, 11:50:35 PM »
JD, you're showing us so many facets of creativity at their peak! I'm glad that you're happy with your choice of changing the design for the entire Spaceport. That was a big one. The first version of your Droid workshop reminded me of the Endar Spire from Knights of the Old Republic. The color pattern also matches the design of the Republic Attack Shuttle. Both walls look absolutely awesome and my favorite detail is the Astromech dome used as lamp! Awesome texture, weathering and addition of the strip on the floor!

I'm blown away by all the items you've already created for your Spaceport like the fuel refill station and the generator! The paintwork looks amazing on both! On my toy hunt on Monday I had trouble finding those gum tapes. Every grocery store had them here 15 years ago. I only found them in a dollar store for 1.10€ each - a 10% price hike probably due to the pandemic. Amazon have a full case of them still, but since I want to chew them this time, I'd like to get a mixed bag.

Also I haven't found such pencil boxes here in Germany, yet. If I won't find those at all, I'll have to look for them next time I'm in the U.S. - you got such brilliant ideas utilizing all those items! The decals look so perfect on the paint and I just love love love the NASA one in Aurebesh. It's a nice vision that we get in touch with a galaxy far, far away some day...
Seeing your project come together even with the smallest detail is a festival! It'll be epic to see the entire port all setup in your shelf! Thanks so much for sharing all this - to me this is what STAR WARS is all about. Being creative telling a story on a low budget.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2020, 05:14:15 AM »
These are just rock solid perfect. I mean, you couldn't get em any better imo.

Off to share on the front page.

By the way folks here is a link to Bad Mother Customs. There are some awesome items:

Bad Mother Customs Link
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:36:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2020, 05:41:54 AM »
I will admit I lost about a half hour this morning just looking through all the cool stickers and tatoos. So cool.