Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31527 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2020, 06:23:27 AM »
A shield generator sounds awesome. I for one always had a problem with the lack of defenses around the shield generator on Hoth.  I mean there was nothing around it. It was the main thing to protect!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2020, 07:42:20 PM »
A shield generator sounds awesome. I for one always had a problem with the lack of defenses around the shield generator on Hoth.  I mean there was nothing around it. It was the main thing to protect!

Ironic. It could save  others from death... But not itself.
That's kind of the thing about Star Wars. The endor shield, the Hoth shield, the SSD shield and the shield gate on Scarif. They were vulnerable, for being the one thing that saves the day. If I were the Rebels or Empire I'd fortify the shield generators. With Galgrebaa, there is a vast network of shields  that combine into one. If one single generator gets destroyed, there  are others to compensate.  That's why Galgrebaa has never been successfully conquered.  Galgrebaa's problem always comes from within.  Mainly due to the corruption of the ruling class, something no shield can defend against.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:40:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »
Now that logic I understand.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »
  I'm continuing to make little machines and props made from junk. I made a power generator out of Bubble Tape containers, bottle caps model kit parts and a plastic lid. I think I will attach it to the side of a building. Also an air conditioner thing made from model kit parts.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:33:17 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2020, 03:08:12 AM »
Wow, that looks spot on! I like that a lot. Man talk about from trash to treasure. Did you chew all that bubble tape?

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
Wow, that looks spot on! I like that a lot. Man talk about from trash to treasure. Did you chew all that bubble tape?

Off to the front pages.

Thank you! Once they're painted, they look cool. I gave it a dieselpunk look, with the sprocket and metallic colors. Maybe an old corporate Alliance generator.

No, I didn't chew the bubble tape, I started to, but it was too sweet. I'm not a gun chewer anymore. They were 3/$1 at Dollar General, I got two, so I have one half left over.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2020, 11:26:23 AM »
The paintwork looks phenomenal, JD! The metal colors really pop! I remember chewing that gum tape after school in 3rd and 4th grade. Haven't seen these Hubba Bubba rolls for a while...excellent idea!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2020, 05:48:38 PM »
The paintwork looks phenomenal, JD! The metal colors really pop! I remember chewing that gum tape after school in 3rd and 4th grade. Haven't seen these Hubba Bubba rolls for a while...excellent idea!

Thank you! It's not my idea entirely, I've seen guys use bubble tape containers to do similar stuff. A few years ago I used  similar containers for a generator, in really small scale. I wanted something bigger for 1/18, but this will do for some wall greebles.   Yeah I used to chew gum religiously, until 8th grade I had a teacher that sentenced some over reactive punishment for chewing gum, after about the tenth time getting caught, I just quit. Then I started smoking lol.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:11:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2020, 04:20:21 AM »
man these pics are awesome can't wait to see them all together that will be a cool dio.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2020, 12:08:53 PM »
That generator turned out awesome! Great idea to use the Bubble Tape cases. I might have to borrow that. I echo the comments that have already been made regarding the paint job - it looks stellar.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2020, 04:59:04 AM »
I could so see that power generator Hothized up in a dio protecting an evacuation area or a back up ion cannon or something.

In my opinion it is the things like this that really push diorama making into the next level.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2020, 11:30:58 AM »
man these pics are awesome can't wait to see them all together that will be a cool dio.

Thank you. I think before I get in too deep I'm going to change the design slightly. Less like tatooine and more like corescant. So the facade I made will be replaced here shortly. It'll look better.

I could so see that power generator Hothized up in a dio protecting an evacuation area or a back up ion cannon or something.

In my opinion it is the things like this that really push diorama making into the next level.

Yeah, that's why I like scratch building or kitbashing, junk building whatever you want to call it. You could give ten people the same materials and they'll make completely different things. Like with this generator, you get the idea of what it is, but it's different. I think that's lost with 3D printing.  There is a lot of personality with scratch building.

That generator turned out awesome! Great idea to use the Bubble Tape cases. I might have to borrow that. I echo the comments that have already been made regarding the paint job - it looks stellar.

Thank you! Bubble Tape is getting harder to find these days. The two halves aren't exactly symmetrical, I had to shave off a little excess plastic. Then there's the little casting dimple too. That's why I did 3, put the asymmetrical one in the middle.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 04:29:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2020, 04:35:23 PM »
   So I decided to redesign the spaceport, from a concrete fortress city, to  more of a stone castle city, while I still can.  So I redid the facade for the Droid workshop. It's a stone base made of XPS Foam with a homemade modge podge made from wood glue and black craft paint. Then added a door frame and different materials to it. The outside lampshade is a Astro droid dome. It still needs much work, but this is the mock-up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:06:27 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2020, 06:53:07 AM »
That Droid shop looks awesome!

So cool to see that light made out of the droid dome. Just good stuff.

Off to share on the front pages.

I also totally agree with your point about 3D printing rather than taking parts and putting stuff together.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »
That Droid shop looks awesome!

So cool to see that light made out of the droid dome. Just good stuff.

Off to share on the front pages.

I also totally agree with your point about 3D printing rather than taking parts and putting stuff together.

Thank you! I pretty much finished it, but I need to order some more LEDs, might as well replace the Droid shop lights for 9v, and run them off the same battery.
  I was painting the plastic parts, and the wind blew my  cardboard mat, and all my parts went flying. I recovered all but the Astro droid dome light, so I had to rebuild it, but I made it even better. I got the idea from Galaxy's Edge, they had something like that. I'd like to go, but nobody else does, It would be lame by myself.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:47:56 PM by JDeck »