Author Topic: Clonehead's dioramas  (Read 77130 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Clonehead's dioramas
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 05:51:18 AM »
Pretty sweet! Just when I think you are all out of pics you post more! Excellent.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
Yeh! Now see thats something I want to do for my next dio., Clint! That small dio. with the camo Cody. The little one two man display. I want to do a few for my elite clone unit. I have the material, could use some helpful info when you get a chance.
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
I keep hoping that sometimes Clint will start from scratch and post pics of the entire process he goes through to create the various small environments. I know he did a few on the old forums and am hoping we can twist his arm to give us some more! Especially ones with snow as I am biased!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:01 PM »
Oh, there are still more dio pics around here, buddy. I'll get there eventually Tamer. I'm just glad to be kind of working on the stuff again. Trust me, the next time I start a new one, you guys will see every step.
  John, just make sure you have the materiels handy when the time comes ,and I would be glad to walk you thru one as time allows.
The snow dios are a bit easier but start out about the same as the green ones.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
I still have that dio. set I got from you and I also picked up some other dio. sets my father had from his trains. So Im ready to go when you are! Tamer, thats one thing you will benefit from is having this guy in your corner when you start your own custom projects. He has walked me through many of projects. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »
I still have that dio. set I got from you and I also picked up some other dio. sets my father had from his trains. So Im ready to go when you are! Tamer, thats one thing you will benefit from is having this guy in your corner when you start your own custom projects. He has walked me through many of projects. 
  And you are quite the Padwan learner there, John. You see, Tamer, I had to stop tutering John lest he were to over power my skills............. ;D
  I am serious buddy, your skills have really grown since we first met. You make me proud to be a Clonehead.
I have to post some more dio shots so Tamer won't think that I am running out.

I had mentioned that I still had a jungle camo Scorch in my possesion. Well, here he is in some glorious jungle dio shots.
  The first shot here shows Scorchie gracing two dios that are placed next to each other. I believe that I had made these two to fit together like a puzzle for a contracted order. The next two shots are of him on just one dio. I really like how the plaster rocks turned out after they were painted on this one.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
Some of those rocks were plaster of paris casted in a model train diorama rock mold and some are just fish aquarium gravel that was glued on and painted.
  The last shot here, shows scorch with a couple of his buddies. Jungle camo atte/Bacura, and jungle camo clone commander.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »
 Thanks Clint, I owe it all to you! Had I never had your help Id never been doing half the things I am...I know for sure the casting and the dios. I probably never would of  attempted a dio. Now those dios. are awesome!! Remember we where talking about making smaller dios. that would connect or be displayed separate, these are exactly what I visioned of making for my elites.
 Yes Tamer, Clint has been a wonderful teacher and a great  friend!  " The force is strong with this one"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 07:54:47 AM »
I remember this! Man I am loving that RC. Shoot, I like em all! Send em with that modified GM! O0

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »
TY buddy. Now tamer, I thought that your collecting focus had narrowed to TESB only. >:D So, you remember that huh? I was really proud of those jungle dios. I think I still have one of those.
  Now John, what are you planning on using for the base of your green dio. Are we talking a wood plaque, a picture frame, a coffee can lid, or what?  I don't need another green one yet but I guess I could make a little one along with you just for explanation purposes.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2009, 07:08:28 AM »
You got that right Clint! I almost forget seeing all the great Clone stuff.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2009, 11:57:33 AM »
I found some shots of the dio that I made for the jungle camo biker scout that I did prior to the elite corps troopers coming out. The first two shots show a couple stages off the dios construction. As with some other dios that I did, this one started out as a plastic figure base where I drilled in and superglued lengths of epoxy coated tie wire to form a larger framework. I then cut and glued 1/4 craft foam cut from a sheet around the figure base and onto the wire framework that I had made. These craft foam sheets are covered on the bottom with a layer of paper, otherwise, superglue would not work as styre foam and super glue don't like each other.I had left some vertical spires of the tie wire sticking up and cut the base foam around it so that these spires were protruding up from it. Then, I ripped and glued chunks of styre foam and glued them onto the base where the spires were with white glue. Next, I covered the base with tissue paper soaked with a mixture of water and white glue.
 In the first shot, the chunks of foam have been glued onto the spires and the craft foam/figure stand base.
  In the second shot, this dio, in the upper right hand corner has it's tissue covering. ( I was making 3 at the same time here)
After a base color of paint, I applied some woodland scenics fine turf and some talus (fine rocks) which was held on with the white glue and water mix, I then drilled some holes and glued in some sticks of the same companys fine leaf foilage, added some more fine turf to this to make it more leafy and of a more varied color, sealed it with another layer of the water/white glue mix, more paint touchups,and there you have it.
  I still have this one as well, in the basement somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:05:24 PM by Clonehead »

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
TY buddy. Now tamer, I thought that your collecting focus had narrowed to TESB only. >:D So, you remember that huh? I was really proud of those jungle dios. I think I still have one of those.
  Now John, what are you planning on using for the base of your green dio. Are we talking a wood plaque, a picture frame, a coffee can lid, or what?  I don't need another green one yet but I guess I could make a little one along with you just for explanation purposes.
No its cool! Ill wait till you do another in time, Im going to try doing one using the atrt gunner stand in the mean time. Oh! I got some bad news... The molds I made turned out ok, but the resin I have is no good. The resin base ( the darker liquid)  the bottle having less than a quarter left the air in the bottle must of harden it to the point its not mixing well with the hardener. Im going back up north at the beginning of Feb. and If I dont get a chance to get some there Im going to need you to grab me some, when I get back Ill let you know whether I got it or not so if you see any coupons that you dont need for your self hold one for me. Another thing, hows work? Isnt it around that time of year? Not too bad I hope!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »
Believe it or not. I've been busy at work. I have worked 8hrs or more a day since new years.  I have been trying to work on a cutom fig, though. First time in a year. I have posted some pics in the custom thread. I have just made 4 new molds also. I plan on testing them out, tonight.
 I do have one more atte gunner base that is as of yet" unspoiled" that I might just go green on. Just let me know about your resin nececities and I will get you fixed up. 
  I have problems with the resin's shelf life sometimes. I will have to post about that in the casting thread.

resin casting thread
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 06:09:01 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
I found a couple more shots of the elite forces airborne fig on his dio that I hadn't posted here, before. On this dio, I integrated some wisps of yellow long grass for the first time in one of my green dios.