Poll

What should I do with my two spare Black Series Clones

501st Troopers
4 (50%)
212th Troopers
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: MandoMuggle's Customs - 6" Light-up Darksaber  (Read 40068 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Mauldalorian’s custom figures - Custom Clones
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
Your clones are remarkable! What a great reveal in your final set of pics.
Almost makes me want to pick up a Hayden Christianson figure.
  If your mold material is stretchy enough to allow the ball shape to slip through the head while extracting,  Try turning your master part, the other way down, making your mold, so that when you cast, you pour through the top of the head. As long your part sets deep enough in the mold, the resulting extra material on the top of the head can be carved off and sculpted to match the master. Hey, it’s gotta beat cutting out a ball joint cavity. I don’t like having to do that either.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:46:51 PM by Clonehead »

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
Re: Mauldalorian’s custom figures - Bo-Katan Kryze
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
Your clones are remarkable! What a great reveal in your final set of pics.
Almost makes me want to pick up a Hayden Christianson figure.
  If your mold material is stretchy enough to allow the ball shape to slip through the head while extracting,  Try turning your master part, the other way down, making your mold, so that when you cast, you pour through the top of the head. As long your part sets deep enough in the mold, the resulting extra material on the top of the head can be carved off and sculpted to match the master. Hey, it’s gotta beat cutting out a ball joint cavity. I don’t like having to do that either.

Thanks clonehead!

With the amazing kick off to the s7 finale of TCW, i got motivated to make a 6” Black Series Bo-Katan Kryze!

Heres a few WIP pics :)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:54:01 AM by Mauldalorian »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2020, 10:51:12 AM »
Now that is just plain nice. Wow.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »
She is looking really amazing! I really appreciate the WIP pictures. Can't wait to see the final product.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 05:38:07 AM »
I showed this to my daughter yesterday and she said you ought to get me the cosplay of that character. She thought it looked tough. And then she saw the Armourer beside her and couldn't decide which one she liked better.

She normally just rolls her eyes at "dad's Star Wars Stuff" but it was cool to see her get interested in your work for a few minutes. Trust me this was a great accomplishment!

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »
I showed this to my daughter yesterday and she said you ought to get me the cosplay of that character. She thought it looked tough. And then she saw the Armourer beside her and couldn't decide which one she liked better.
She normally just rolls her eyes at "dad's Star Wars Stuff" but it was cool to see her get interested in your work for a few minutes. Trust me this was a great accomplishment!

Wow thanks! Glad my custom made her interested in SW!
SW always was always a family event for me... i remember my brother would find a way to take a day out of school with me to go watch the prequals at launch :)

I think the Armorer costume would be easier to make and get for her :)

She is looking really amazing! I really appreciate the WIP pictures. Can't wait to see the final product.

Ask and you shall receive  bbfet

Lmk what you all think  ()rr
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:48:56 PM by Tamer »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 10:17:07 PM »
Okay, one word "AWESOME." She turned out great. The head sculpt is excellent, the paint job is outstanding. I love that the range finder is movable, not static. Great job! You've turned out a couple of most excellent female Mando's.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 12:48:29 PM »
Loving this BK build, Maul. What is your preferred sculpting medium of choice? The crisp paints bring the completed figure together very nicely. Well done!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 12:57:24 PM »
I can only emulate the other statements. Wow. She turned out great. I can't wait to show my daughter. I really like how you kept her feminine look and still made her look so tough. Many female Mandos sometimes, imo, kinda maintain the Male Look in their armor, but not yours!

Off to the front pages. So looking forward to the new episode tomorrow.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 12:49:45 AM »
Amazing job, dude. I mean really. Looks like she walked off the screen. Why cant hasbro put out quality content like this? It would be an easy sell. Fantastic work on the head sculpt!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 02:15:50 AM »
Okay, one word "AWESOME." She turned out great. The head sculpt is excellent, the paint job is outstanding. I love that the range finder is movable, not static. Great job! You've turned out a couple of most excellent female Mando's.

Thanks friend!

Loving this BK build, Maul. What is your preferred sculpting medium of choice? The crisp paints bring the completed figure together very nicely. Well done!

I use an air dry modelling clay. Most of the armor this time was done with foam pieces that i cut and carved with a hobby knife! The hair was sculpted using a crayloa clay that is a bit foamy and is not as brittle when sculpted into thin objects!

The paint was layered on acrylics with washes of tamiya silver for weathering. Glad you like my work :)

I can only emulate the other statements. Wow. She turned out great. I can't wait to show my daughter. I really like how you kept her feminine look and still made her look so tough. Many female Mandos sometimes, imo, kinda maintain the Male Look in their armor, but not yours!

Off to the front pages. So looking forward to the new episode tomorrow.

Thanks boss! I was contemplating on what to do with the ML Enchantress I had lying around... Glad I waited until the season finale of TCW so I could make Bo-Katan ;D

Amazing job, dude. I mean really. Looks like she walked off the screen. Why cant hasbro put out quality content like this? It would be an easy sell. Fantastic work on the head sculpt!

Thanks ‘36! Their new butterfly joints r pretty awesome though... fingers crossed we’ll get one!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 05:45:12 AM »
That facial sculpt is just amazing. Have to get that alone on the front page again. They are loving this one on our Facebook Page.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2020, 07:16:13 AM »
Great job mate, she looks awesome!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2020, 09:04:56 AM »
Beautiful, beautiful work.

Offline Michiico

• Cadet
  • Why did the clone wars had to come to an end?
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2020, 01:41:54 PM »
Damn, she looks absolutely amazing. Wonderful job!