Poll

What should I do with my two spare Black Series Clones

501st Troopers
4 (50%)
212th Troopers
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: MandoMuggle's Customs - 6" Light-up Darksaber  (Read 40079 times)

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
MandoMuggle's Customs - 6" Light-up Darksaber
« on: March 13, 2020, 11:22:32 AM »
Hi everyone, glad I found this site! I’ve been making custom Star Wars figures for a while and posting on a Transformers forum (tfw2005) for a while as Setsuna

Thought I’d post on a SW forum as well with a more Star Wars centric name :)

First up is my custom Din Djarin from The Mandalorian

I wanted a more screen accurate helmet so I found a 1:1scale model, and scaled it to fit the 6” Black series figure

His right shoulder has magnets so it can be swapped out between a shore trooper pauldron or a Beskar pauldron. Gave him a repaint, custom cloth cape and a baby Yoda to look after as well :)

Hope you all like it!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:02:06 PM by MandoMuggle »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Mauldalorian’s custom figures
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
Welcome to the forums! Your Mando looks great.  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 02:36:29 PM »
Welcome! Your Mando does look great, and I love the idea of using magnets to facilitate outfit versatility. I’m planning to begin work on a couple 3.75” versions soon and will now plan to go with magnetized right shoulder swap-out pauldrons for both after seeing this.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 06:24:03 PM »
Welcome aboard! That’s a fantastic looking mando!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 04:20:56 AM »
Hey, thanks for joining us here! I'm glad you found the Shipyards! And I think you made the perfect upgrade for Mando! Hasbro will definitely give us a version of him in his full Beskar Amor. But I doubt they will make a seperate repaint just for the beskar shoulder piece. I agree with previous comments: the magnetic shoulder armor is just brilliant! Couldn't comment right away when I saw your post yesterday because I was on my cell phone. But my jaw certainly dropped! From what I've read many fans are not quite happy with the colors Hasbro decided to paint him in. And seeing your repaint now makes me agree 100% on this matter!

So you scaled down a 1:1 size helmet? That's Pretty impressive! I know that many people on here - including myself - are very thrilled to learn more about 3D-printing. So thank you for joining us! The Child and the wall look awesome, too! There's endless potential here!
#endlesspower

Best regards & much respect from Germany!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 07:05:59 AM »
Wow, now that is the way to say hello! Great Mandalorian customs.

Off to the front pages.

Welcome to ISY!

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 03:42:18 PM »
Very cool. LOVE the display!

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »

Thank you!

Very cool. LOVE the display!

Thanks! I had to cut it up into quarters due to the size of my printer but it turned out well!

Wow, now that is the way to say hello! Great Mandalorian customs.

Off to the front pages.

Welcome to ISY!

()rr So glad I found this site! Everyone here is awesome! Thankyou for the warm welcome and  featuring my work on the front page!  ()rr

Hey, thanks for joining us here! I'm glad you found the Shipyards! And I think you made the perfect upgrade for Mando! Hasbro will definitely give us a version of him in his full Beskar Amor. But I doubt they will make a seperate repaint just for the beskar shoulder piece. I agree with previous comments: the magnetic shoulder armor is just brilliant! Couldn't comment right away when I saw your post yesterday because I was on my cell phone. But my jaw certainly dropped! From what I've read many fans are not quite happy with the colors Hasbro decided to paint him in. And seeing your repaint now makes me agree 100% on this matter!

So you scaled down a 1:1 size helmet? That's Pretty impressive! I know that many people on here - including myself - are very thrilled to learn more about 3D-printing. So thank you for joining us! The Child and the wall look awesome, too! There's endless potential here!
#endlesspower

Best regards & much respect from Germany!

- Philipp

Danke!

I used the ear pieces from TheBrokenNerd83's design on Thingiverse and then applied them to the helmet file of DamaskProps bbfet

Here are the links if anyones interested

TheBrokenNerd83 Helmet ears
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3578797
DamaskProps Helmet
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3835069

It was quite a bit of work scaling it down for 1/12th scale... took a bit of trial and error to get it right! I then sanded it down with multiple grits of sandpaper, then polished with acrylic paint for a smooth surface.

I was contemplating on buying another #94 online to make a full Beskar version in all his glory but those scalper prices  :-[

I will just wait for the Hasbro version instead... fingers crossed it comes out soon...

Welcome aboard! That’s a fantastic looking mando!

Welcome! Your Mando does look great, and I love the idea of using magnets to facilitate outfit versatility. I’m planning to begin work on a couple 3.75” versions soon and will now plan to go with magnetized right shoulder swap-out pauldrons for both after seeing this.

Thanks! Can't wait to see how it turns out when you get the fig!

I was planning on doing one where all the armor pieces can be swapped between Beskar and episode 1&2 versions from the show, kinda like this favourite toy of mine as a kid  ;D

Thanks!!!

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 07:07:37 PM »
This one took a bit of brain juice to figure out

The base figure was the top half of a Figma SHE archetype, with bottom half being a Black Series Sabine

The helmet was another 1:1 3d model scaled down for 1/12 from Etsy by Sunday Props
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/741445490/the-mandalorian-armorer?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=the+armorer&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

The Chest plate was another 1:1 3D model i scaled down then touched up for 1/12 scale courtesy of PapasCreations
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/753631796/mandalorian-inspired-armorer-chest-plate?ref=yr_purchases

The upper parts of her boots were sculpted with clay
The boots themselves were strips of leftover PLA from other 3d prints to make the ridges
The gloves and arms are foam wrapped and sculpted around with a hobby knife on top of the base figure
The garments in between the armor and skirt were layered electric tape
The belt was a combination of electric tape and cardboard
I designed the belt doodads and Hammer and tongs myself, then printed them to match reference photos from the show
Finally, the fur was cut from a $ store fur hat. I sprayed fixative over it to hold the loose furs in place

Hope you all like it!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:16:00 PM by Mauldalorian »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 07:47:05 PM »
Wow! and I say again, "Wow"! These are great customs. The designs are excellent and very clever. Welcome to the 'yards - glad you are sharing your talent here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Mauldalorian’s custom figures - The Armorer
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 05:21:17 AM »
Talk about one involved custom. Wow! She turned out awesome! Love that image of her with the Stormtroopers. Man, so great.

Thanks for sharing the links to the products too and your recipe.

Off to the front pages. Once again, welcome to ISY!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 04:34:09 PM »
I’m liking them printed parts.
That tape skirt looks convincing.
Nice figure!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 05:27:55 AM »
A+ job on the Armorer.  I agree the electrical tape skirt is genius and looks really good.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 08:15:10 PM »
Thanks! Can't wait to see how it turns out when you get the fig!

I was planning on doing one where all the armor pieces can be swapped between Beskar and episode 1&2 versions from the show, kinda like this favourite toy of mine as a kid  ;D

Yep, I remember that Jango. :) We don't get weird deluxe sets like that anymore, sadly (or much of anything). I picked up a pair of 3.75" Mandos at the beginning of the month, but after having them in hand I think they'll require significant modification. The hip articulation and lack of rocker ankles on 3.75" is criminal, and I envy 6" for that reason. At least the swap out pauldrons will allow for two figures rather than four?

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 01:05:29 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Hope you’re all staying well!

I have a question and would like everyones opinion!

I made mode of Rex’s squad in phase 2 and have two phase 2 clones left.

I have a commander cody who could use some 212th members but i also want two standard phase 2 501st.... should i turn the remaining two trooper bodies onto 501st or 212th?

()rr Heres a photo of Rex and his squad ()rr

ARC Trooper Fives (Phase ii)

The pauldron was 3d printed, then the centre piece is held together by foam which I carved with a hobby knife for the groves and lines.

Right Gauntlet is 3d Printed then wrapped around the figures wrist
Left Gauntlet is a foam piece that's also been carved
Boots were foam cut and carved to form
Chest armor was cut foam and carved.
Rangefinder is moveable where a sheet of styrene was cut to size, then a tiny hole drilled to the helmet and antennae for movement
Backpack was 3d printed
Kama is a sheet of cloth, with electric tape cut to the pattern
Holsters were 3d printed along with the DC17's
Holster straps were electric tape

WIP pics (he was originally my custom Phase 2 Rex before Hasbros)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:22:41 PM by Mauldalorian »