Imperial Creative Engineering > Costumes, Props and replicas

Action Figure Empire's Own TK-9849's Costumes!

(1/5) > >>

ActionFigEmpire:
Hey yarders,

Glad to see there's a forum for costumes and props! AFE is run by none other than official 501st member TK-9849 AKA "Dirty Trooper"."I Joined the legion last summer as part of my birthday present to myself and spent 5 months refurbishing, repairing, resizing, gluing, taping, painting, weathering, and improving my armor and E-11 blaster. I have trooped a few times since then and won a halloween contest last halloween!" We still have some work to do on this suit of armor. A few more mods to make but it's wearable and comfortable and we think it looks awesome!

We're also working on a 100% scratch built Rholan Dyre costume. Now that we have a more secure financial situation we'll be able to continue with that costume. Using paper clay, an awesome very durable air drying clay, sheet aluminum, greeblies (metal/detail pieces), and elastic straps. We have 3 pieces of armor done so far. 2 back-of-the-hand guards and 1 knee guard. With another knee guard still in production.

First up will be pictures of TK-9849's armor before and after painting.

ActionFigEmpire:
Here's the armor after we spent a couple weeks roughing it on Tatooine. Then we picked up TK-9849 and dumped him in some Endor Mud and left him on Geonosis to dry out. Check it out! The chest plate is our favorite piece of weathering!

Tamer:
Oh yeah, looks great.

I aim to own a Driver Costume one day.

ActionFigEmpire:
Here are some shots of the scratch build progress with the Rohlan Dyre costume. Let me know if you want a tutorial on this. It's fast, easy, and very cost effective.

The first image is of the finished hand guards with greeblies and iridescent paint.
The second image is of the finished hand guards awaiting greeblies.
The third is of the sheet aluminum pieces cut to size for the knee guards awaiting clay layering.
the fourth image is of the two knee pieces laid over each other the way they will be once clay is built up on them.

More pics soon :)

ActionFigEmpire:
Thanks Tamer! You'd make an awesome AT-AT pilot! Whenever you're ready to start assembling the pieces i can help you get your gear at prices only available to 501st members. Beats the heck out of eBay's crazy jacked up prices for Star Wars costumes :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version