Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Vintage

What was your first vintage item

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tamer:
Darth Vader with the red telescoping light saber. Man, I wish I still had my original. Daggone he was the best villian ever!

TheCloneCommander:
as a kid my parents couldn't afford much in terms of star wars but when they did i would always get a figure or 2... from memory i think my first figure would have been chewie and than Darth Vader and so on.... they could never afford to get me any vehicles so i only got figures, ( i guess that's why NOW my Star Wars Room is  FULL of SW Vehicles for filling my childhood dream LOL, i also have a vivid memory of taking 2 biker scouts to School one day and the teacher confiscating them off me and was told i would get them back at the end of the week, well that week ended about 21 years ago and i still didn't get them back!!!! they where my only troopers i ever had.... now i can understand why i have so many Troopers now (be it Clones) so i will never have any taken away from me again!! LOL
i think the teacher gave them to another kid... so he said!! but i think he kept them for himself >:( now i will never go with out a trooper again!!........ i Believe i need help, maybe we need a forum with a therapist to resolve our childhood emotional trauma......

narceron:
I have a similar trauma with a GIJOE ripcord figure, my man.

I had the jedi luke in black uniform and I remember thinking he was such a cool hero, I also had the blue boba, which I found out just today was actually the droids boba, lol.  Then later on, I got yard sale figures, mostly I remember some hoth guys(which I still have) and a snowtrooper(which I still have, and his gun, :) ).

B.R. Steel:
On my birthday I received, the Death Star playset and three figures--Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Princess Leia.  It was a great birthday.

DocOutlands:
Christmas, 1977.  I hadn't yet seen Star Wars - that would be later in the spring with some sort of re-release to the theaters in OKC.  But I knew the basics of the story and I knew the figures.  Well, when I tore into presents, I found - among other things - a new desk, a new bike, a Jawa, and a Stormtrooper.  I still have them, too.  (well, I'm not sure where the desk is, now, but the fig's are in a DV head and the bike is in a pile of stuff across the road at dad's place.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version