Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Vintage

What was your first vintage item

<< < (6/6)

Qrest Fourstar:
Of course, after I make such a claim, I'm trying to remember!1

So, Ok,  It would have been 3-35-78 that I got my first two figures Luke and the stormtrooper. After leaving walgreens I must have been driving my mother nuts because she gave them to me that afternoon. A friend of hers had gone to the toy store on the other side of town the week prior and had her get them for her.

I got the 5 (Han, leia, Chewbacca, Ben and darth vader) off layaway the Friday that Donny and marie aired theier SW episode. I ended up missing the episode but got the figures after bad events of the early evening.

Got R2-D2 and C-3po and Richman Gordman on the west side of town some time later.

I remember getting The tusken raider at K-mart near my house.

Now, the first one I'm not 100% sure of. The Death Squad Commander. I think I got him at K-mart the same day I got the tusken raider. But for some reason, I want to say I got him at Target.

As for the jawa. One Sunday at the JCPenny's store down town, went there with Mom for who knows what. They had a waits high display case in the basement near the toys that I often looked at since it had one of the Star Wars jewelry necklace displays on top. It would spin around and had star wars necklaces on it. R2, 3PO, Vader's helmet, chewabacca and the x-wing. So this sunday I walked up to it, looked it over and one one side, in the display case was the Jawa w/ cloth robe.

(SID):
In exact order

1. Boba fett x2  (didn't realize it till I knew what SW was)
2. X-wing (just the shell) (flea market)
3. Falcon (just the shell) (trash day)
4. Jabba (missing arm) (trash day)

After that I  was collecting and got w/e was gifted to me or found cheap...

- Han hoth
-chewbacca
-3po (org.)
-Leia hoth
-Yoda (complete!)

The rest I cannot really recall in order since I got heavily into it and  tried my hardest to get or make known I wanted best condition and complete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version