Author Topic: Custom Star Wars TVC vehicle boxes - #2 - ESB Twin-Pod Cloud Car  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Hello again! It’s been a while, I have to admit 😅 Due to a lot of stress at my regular job I’m not always able to post my projects on all channels I’d want to, but when Tamer recently commented on a pic of mine on FB I went “dang, I’ve been absent from the ISY way too long”… 😅

My main hobby work has been designing custom vintage-style cardbacks for quite a while now (about six years now, I think), but about two months ago I started something new:

Custom boxes for the Star Wars TVC (The Vintage Collection) line 😁 Hasbro still hasn’t done a lot of the classic vehicles in TVC (at least, not in boxes), so I wanted to give those vehicles a nice cardboard home.

Here’s an overview what I’ve done so far:

#1 - ROTJ Speeder Bike (June 2021)

#2 - ESB Twin-Pod Cloud Car (July 2021)

#3 - SW Patrol Dewback (work in progress)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:47:24 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
TVC vehicle box #1 - ROTJ Speeder Bike
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 04:19:28 AM »
TVC - Custom SPEEDER BIKE BOX
(Limited First Edition of 25)
only 19,00 EUR each

The front side is a nod to the classic vintage Kenner box, featuring the Speeder Bike, a Biker Scout and Chief Chirpa. The top shows the action features, the back and the two side flaps sport new modern images - so you can decide if you want to display the box with a classic or a bit more modern look…

Box size (approx. 12cm x 22 cm x 6 cm / 4.5” x 8.5” x 2.5”)
Printed on solid 400g cardboard, comes glued and folded
! BOX ONLY - NO VEHICLE/FIGURES !

Here are the pics:

BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
TVC vehicle box #2 - ESB Twin-Pod Cloud Car
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM »
TVC - Custom TWIN-POD CLOUD CAR BOX
(Limited First Edition - 25 pieces)

Box size approx. 25 cm x 10 cm x 25 cm (10” x 4” x 10“)
only 29,00 EUR each
! BOX ONLY - NO VEHICLE/FIGURES !

Professional high-quality print on solid 400g cardboard, comes glued and folded

Some additional infos:
As before, I've designed the box with two distinct designs for the front/back - the front side is a nod to the classic vintage Kenner box, featuring the Cloud Car, and several figures. I've updated those slightly since Kenner didn't have the Cloud Car Pilot out yet when it was released.

The back sports a new modern TVC style pic with a Cloud City background and different figures/setting. The other four sides
also sport new modern images and display the action figures and an in-flight pic with Cloud City in the background.

Due to the necessary photo shootings and editing this one was a lot more work than the Speeder Bike Box... but also a lot of fun, so I'm not complaining 😅😉 The family helped again during these, especially my daughter who's featured in the hand pics... 😁

Vintage front:

Modern back:

With vehicle:

Bottom:

Side view:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 04:29:28 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
TVC vehicle box #3 - SW Patrol Dewback
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 04:58:42 AM »
placeholder

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Custom Star Wars TVC vehicle boxes - #1 - ROTJ Speeder Bike
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 06:19:48 AM »
Well my jaw just dropped! wow! wow! Wow!

I can never leave as good a reply as I want too when I see something really fantastic. This meets those requirements. Wow.

Off to the front pages.

Am I correct in thinking folks can potentially put in an order for these till you run out or make a new run?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 06:20:45 AM »
Lost a lot of time this morning drooling over each picture.

You should be doing this for Hasbro!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 07:16:56 AM »
Hey Sebastian, it's so good seeing you back around here! It's been a while and you've been missed! But I did see your custom boxes before. I think it was on facebook and/or instagram. Anyhew I'm blown away by your ideas!
If Hasbro give us a Speeder Bike for The Vintage Collection I hope they'll take the new one.

I'm still dreaming of a custom designed box with the art of Revenge of the Sith for my custom NR-N99 Tank Droid.

Can't wait to see the surprise those placeholders will reveal! Thanks for coming back and sharing your phenomenal work with us here!

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 09:35:08 PM »
That's brilliant! I like the vintage/modern display option using different images, that's a great idea. Your colors are really amazing.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 04:34:32 AM »
Well my jaw just dropped! wow! wow! Wow!

I can never leave as good a reply as I want too when I see something really fantastic. This meets those requirements. Wow.

Off to the front pages.

Am I correct in thinking folks can potentially put in an order for these till you run out or make a new run?
Thanks a lot Tamer! 😃 I’m really happy these are received so well… 😊 I always thought it weird that Hasbro made so many nice vehicles, but turned so few (relatively speaking) into TVC vehicles. So I’m trying to close a few gaps… 😁😉

And yes, you’re correct regarding orders. I still have a few (5 or so) of the Speeder Bike boxes at the moment, as well as about 10 Clouds Car boxes (see above, I just updated the first placeholder 😊). Tracked international shipping is only 7,00 EUR.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2021, 04:46:30 AM »
Lost a lot of time this morning drooling over each picture.

You should be doing this for Hasbro!
It’s only a hobby of mine, but I’d love to help Hasbro regarding these. 😊 I’ll always be happy for any official TVC products they choose to release…

Hey Sebastian, it's so good seeing you back around here! It's been a while and you've been missed! But I did see your custom boxes before. I think it was on facebook and/or instagram. Anyhew I'm blown away by your ideas!
If Hasbro give us a Speeder Bike for The Vintage Collection I hope they'll take the new one.

I'm still dreaming of a custom designed box with the art of Revenge of the Sith for my custom NR-N99 Tank Droid.

Can't wait to see the surprise those placeholders will reveal! Thanks for coming back and sharing your phenomenal work with us here!

- Philipp
Hi Philipp,

thanks - and it’s great to be back! 😊 Good catch regarding the Bike I used - I thought about this a lot, but the latest one (which has a much better sculpt) is relatively rare nowadays and aftermarket prices have soared 🙁 That’s why I decided against it in the end and went with the more readily available POTF sculpt. Or you can blame it on the explosion feature, which I absolutely love 😁😉

That's brilliant! I like the vintage/modern display option using different images, that's a great idea. Your colors are really amazing.
Thanks a lot! Fortunately I found a great printing agency for the boxes, I’m absolutely happy about the result as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Custom Star Wars TVC vehicle boxes - #2 - ESB Twin-Pod Cloud Car
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 08:20:44 AM »
Now I see the amazing Cloud Car Box. Needless to say that is at the top of the front page today.

Thank you for answering my questions about your boxes.

Your graphic design skill is amazing. I would love to be able to whip up that vintage style deco you used in your images.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Custom Star Wars TVC vehicle boxes - #2 - ESB Twin-Pod Cloud Car
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 01:37:26 PM »
That Cloud Car box is great too. Really great images you are using for the box art.

Offline Dag Marus

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: TVC vehicle box #1 - ROTJ Speeder Bike
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2021, 09:45:07 PM »
TVC - Custom SPEEDER BIKE BOX

Seriously, how has Hasbro NOT done this with that last iteration of the speeder bike?  It feels like a no-brainer.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: TVC vehicle box #1 - ROTJ Speeder Bike
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2021, 01:25:24 AM »
Seriously, how has Hasbro NOT done this with that last iteration of the speeder bike?  It feels like a no-brainer.

I agree, and after we got almost nothing for the 40th Anniversary of TESB, only for The Black Series, with a beautiful Snowspeeder, I still keep my fingers crossed for the upcoming Anniversary of ROTJ. I hope the disappointment of fans and collectors reached the brand team.
When I talked to Eric of the brand team on Comic Con back in December 2020 I also asked about vehicles. Eric told me that the Bespin Cloud Car for example will find a way to The Vintage Collection as long as he's part of the team. That's what he told me and it's about time for Hasbro to announce the next vehicles for the line. I mean they did announce the next playset recently and Hasbro Pulse Con will be a good occasion for some more. I mean Lobot and Lando are finally on their way and a Cloud Car would be a no-brainer as well as ANH Leia.

The Speeder Bike is such an iconic vehicle and I got 51% hope that Hasbro will finally bring it back after a decade. I think it was meant to be part of the Vintage Collection line anyway because it was released so close after they had put TVC on hiatus.

Sebastian does such an amazing work to inspire and there are so many other card customers out there that Hasbro just have to see them. Looking at all the upcoming products for TVC gives me hope that TVC is back at full force. Let's get to BlizzardForce level the next couple years, Hasbro! You can do it!