Author Topic: Remnant stormtroopers  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Remnant stormtroopers
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 07:08:09 AM »
Very nice. You make me wonder what you could do with the armor from this set:

Off to the front pages.

If you can shoot me a link to some of those Hawk auctions too.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:13:51 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 09:49:46 AM »
Very nice. You make me wonder what you could do with the armor from this set:

If you can shoot me a link to some of those Hawk auctions too.

That could work, thanks for the tip  8)   ...them General Hawks, single figure eBay item number:153677935885
5pc (better deal) eBay item number:153672626991

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:56 AM »
Thanks for the numbers. Here are the links if folks want to see them (very good prices)

General Hawk 5 action Figures Link

General Hawk Link (just one)

I will have to take these to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 04:46:09 PM »
You're building quite a remnant army here. Really good choice of bodies to underneath the armor.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »
You're building quite a remnant army here. Really good choice of bodies to underneath the armor.

Thank you

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2020, 02:00:37 AM »
I've got a load of black capes for my guys 8)  ..going to do a comic style story with these at some point about them living out of an old AT-AT and having been trained by a formidable Mandalorian warrior who now leads these mercs  ..the days of just shooting in someone's general direction are over bbfet ;D ..need get all the back grounds printed off etc and find time ha

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 05:18:14 AM »
I love the story of these guys. Man and they are gonna be able to shoot! Outstanding.

Off to share the update on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 11:21:19 AM »
The Stormtrooper remnants look great! My theory was the E-11 was inaccurate. I figured it was made mainly for close quarters and for boarding ships, much like the Blunderbuss of the 1700s. That's why you always see them shooting from the hip, because they're bound to hit something in tight quarters.  However in the new games they are pretty accurate, so there goes my theory.  Shooting from the hip is not a good technique.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 01:07:30 PM »
The Stormtrooper remnants look great! My theory was the E-11 was inaccurate. I figured it was made mainly for close quarters and for boarding ships, much like the Blunderbuss of the 1700s. That's why you always see them shooting from the hip, because they're bound to hit something in tight quarters.  However in the new games they are pretty accurate, so there goes my theory.  Shooting from the hip is not a good technique.

Some great observations JDeck  8)  ..what do you use to stop the paint chipping at the joints?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 01:42:26 PM »
In short I avoid painting joints. There really isn't a sure fire way of preventing joint rub. You can use the super glue technique. You put droplets of super glue over the paint without getting into the joints. I never tried. If I have to paint joints I select parts that are as close as possible to the color I need to paint. Otherwise I would rather paint the body to match the arms or legs.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2020, 01:48:19 PM »
In short I avoid painting joints. There really isn't a sure fire way of preventing joint rub. You can use the super glue technique. You put droplets of super glue over the paint without getting into the joints. I never tried. If I have to paint joints I select parts that are as close as possible to the color I need to paint. Otherwise I would rather paint the body to match the arms or legs.

Thanks for the info 8) .. new to custom figures so was wondering how you guys did it  ;D  ..maybe some kind of dye might work, will have a play around

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 09:05:00 PM »
These guys look great! I'm with JDeck on the joint thing. Some customizers do a great job sanding the joint down a little and such, but that's more skill than my thick old fingers are equipped for, so I avoid painting the joints whenever possible.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 11:23:16 PM »
These guys look great! I'm with JDeck on the joint thing. Some customizers do a great job sanding the joint down a little and such, but that's more skill than my thick old fingers are equipped for, so I avoid painting the joints whenever possible.

I will have to remember not to paint the joints in future, i might try some black dye or permanent marker pen on the one's i've done 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 09:32:05 PM »
I do use Sharpie permanent markers to color joints when I can. They have lots of different colors, including metallics.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2020, 01:27:33 PM »
I do use Sharpie permanent markers to color joints when I can. They have lots of different colors, including metallics.

Cool 8)  ..i will look for some of them