Author Topic: Don (Chuckles) OTHER Custom Figures  (Read 10878 times)

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
Re: Chuckles' OTHER Custom Figures
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 12:56:08 AM »
"Dance-off, bro." -Cassian Andor's legs, probably. I need to find more fodder bodies on clearance.

The self portrait figure is great! I've always thought it might be fun to make a 1:18 scale mini, but haven't done it yet. Also useful information about the stickers. I'm also tickled by that Marvel head on the Castle custom - he looks furious!  >:D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 04:20:01 AM »
Very nice. Off to the front pages. I am so late for work this morning!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:05 AM »
Not an exaggeration to say this is one of my all-time favorite custom figures!!

Rocket Raccoon!

The body is the Cone Wars (cartoon style) Yoda figure. I had to cut and replace the neck ball joint to mount this Marvel Universe head. The feet are also on ball joints so I cut the ball off the top of each Yoda foot and mounted it on these feet (cut off the Pirates of the Caribbean little person figure) so they could be used here with the original ball-articulation. I drilled a hole to mount the tail, and since it's not glued into the hole it can be removed, or re-positioned (kinda like it has articulation). Don't remember where the hands came from; probably a GI Joe?

And a shot with the various baby-Goot figures.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:20:46 AM by Chuckles »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 10:58:34 AM »
A Guardians two-fer!

Gamora!

The body is from the Boss Fight Female Orc figure, the removable sports-bra is from the Planet Green Valley Female Blank figure, the head is the Boss Fight Medusa (from their first Kickstarter) with the hair removed, and this hair is from the Marvel Universe Gamora figure. (I used the Medusa head instead of the original MU head because this one is slightly larger, which makes the hair fit much better; on the MU head this hair totally covered the left eye.)

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 11:00:57 AM »
Drax is disassembled on the workbench. He's really still in the planning stages (I have no idea what legs I'm going to use so really the whole project is in pre-planning). So here are the Guardians (so far).

I really love that Gamora is taller than Star Lord; she's such a badass, but now I'm forced to make Drax even bigger...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:02:36 AM by Chuckles »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 02:36:36 PM »
Digging the Guardians a lot.  Have you got a Drax or Mantis in the works?  I used that exact same Yoda body to make a Rocket Racoon Jedi a While back.  Its a pretty good fit for that Rocket head.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »
Awesome builds. Love Rocket! Off to the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
Mostly this is a GI Joe roadblock figure with a Marvel Universe Deathlok head. I made it a few years ago so I don't remember all of the alterations. I'm pretty sure I had to paint the skin tone on the arms. I changed the pouches on the vest, added the drop-down holsters, and added the greeble piece on his back. That's not really a thing from the comics, I just liked how it looks. I like to think it's a jet pack, or a personal shield device, or something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2019, 04:06:49 AM »
Looks tough to me. Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2019, 01:11:42 AM »
I really love those Guardian figures! Nice job on each of the builds. I like that you used the Orc body for Gamora.  The Deathlok figure is really cool, too! I like the design and the back-piece is cool, even if you don't know what it is.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2020, 03:19:17 PM »
I've been working on some Marauders Contract Ops figures. I like to think of these guys as ISA. Three with Dime Novel Legends heads, and one with a Marauder WWII head. You'll note some boot swapping (one is wearing Marauder WWII Japanese boots). Some also have Bad Mother Tattoos and Customs decals.
The vests have been painted/weathered, some of the vests have non-Marauder glued-on pouches from various other lines, and my favorite thing here is that some of the Marauder gear-mounting-holes have been filled and covered by replacement molle webbing for a more seamless look. (Haven't done the upper back vest-holes because I'm planning assault packs.)
Individual pics incoming.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2020, 03:21:16 PM »
Of the four-man Contract Ops team this guy is the leader.
Vest pics are to better show the custom pouches and how Marauder-mounting-holes have been filled and covered with replacement molle webbing.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2020, 03:23:14 PM »
I fuckin' love the Dime Novel heads, wish they would do another heads-pack. This guy is the team's sigint expert.
Again, some of the Marauder-mounting-holes have been filled and covered.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »
The team's sniper and weapons expert. I'm not sure I photographed all the Bad Mother tattoos on this guy, I might have to reshoot him to get them all (maybe after I add a few more tats). Probably still some work to do on the back of his armor as well. ;)
And it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but his hat got a Bad Mother decal too.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2020, 03:26:47 PM »
And last of the four; meanest mofo on the team. Another Bad Mother tattoo, and a replacement upper for his chest armor. And you might notice he's wearing Marauders WWII Japanese boots.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:16:48 PM by Chuckles »