Author Topic: Don (Chuckles) OTHER Custom Figures  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Don

• Captain
Don (Chuckles) OTHER Custom Figures
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
I have a ton of non-Star Wars custom figures too. Anyone mind if I start another thread to share those?

First up is my namesake! A couple years ago my boss mentioned she thought the "little guys" I shared on Facebook were "cute". I had shared some custom figures in a closed group and assumed people outside the group couldn't see them. But Facebook is stupid. I work in Government Service, have a ton of work acquaintances as "friends" on FB and really don't need a potential future boss or potential future employee thinking I don't take my job seriously because I also "play with toys". So I deleted a bunch of older posts, and photos, and started a second Facebook account using the name Philip Provost (the filecard name of the GI Joe codenamed Chuckles). I thought it was hilarious because Chuckles is the undercover Joe character and I was taking my action figure hobby "undercover".

Anyway, here's the Chuckles figure I made using Marauder parts, and Bad Mother Tattoo slide-off stickers.
I had to crack open the chest of a white-shirt Marauders Agency Ops figure (they wear long sleeve button up shirts), and crack the chest of a white-shirt Marauders Contract Ops figure (tee shirts with short sleeves). I then swapped the arms so I could have a short sleeve button-up white shirt. Once glued back together, and popped back onto some jeans-legs I added the Bad Mother Tattoo Hawaiian Shirt slide-off stickers.

And here's a pic of the shirt before I added the stickers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 02:56:09 PM by Don (Chuckles) »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Chuckles' OTHER Custom Figures
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 04:04:05 AM »
Yeah, I understand where you are going with the action figure hobby, but I eventually just said the heck with it. Its me so live with it, but yeah I understand about gov. service.

And heck yes please do share your non Star Wars Customs. We like it all. Great new one by the way. Off to the front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:19:05 AM »
I love the story and the figure! I've got to say, I also exclusively use bad mother decals as well.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:33 AM »
NICE!  The decal work on the shirt is awesome.  Reminds me a little of Wash from Firefly, but that probably the blonde hair and aloha shirt.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
Thanks guys! Lots more coming! But most are going to need new photos so it'll take some time to work through them.

Here's one of my all time favorite custom figures. I copied Marauder Ruben (FB) a bit on this one (his idea to use the WM arm).

Most of this figure is a Marauder Terra-Ops figure. Marauder figures have holes in the shoulder and above the ankle for inserting the pegs of Marauder add-ons like pouches or knife sheaths. On this guy I sculpted over the boot and shoulder holes because I wanted a cleaner look. The shoulder sculpting became pockets where I added Bad Mother Tattoo slide-off Cobra stickers. The head is obviously a GI Joe head, and the dog-tags came from that same Joe figure. The lower right arm was replaced by the lower right arm of an Iron Man line War Machine figure. The holster, handgun, body armor, ammo pouches are all Marauder, but again I sculpted over some of the peg-holes, and I added the Cobra slide-off sticker. The backpack is a GI Joe accessory and includes removable rockets for the little rocket pistol thing. I got the mask from a local customizer who cast that copy from (I'm pretty sure) a GI Joe accessory.

MAJ Bludd.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 11:40:22 PM »
Nice job on both these figures. I really like how Chuckles turned out and Major Bludd looks great, especially with the War Machine part.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 09:26:08 AM »
War Machine weapons upgrade.

The right hand arm-mounted gun is a new addition, pretty sure it's a cut-down Halo weapon with a custom muzzle brake. The left hand stock gun has a barrel replacement (to extend) and a new muzzle brake. And the left arm has an added multi-rocket launcher thing. The right shoulder mini-gun was cut down and the barrels were replaced with a longer tri-barrel setup (parts from a Halo megabloks set), not sure where the feed belt for this came from. Pretty sure the left shoulder multi-rocket launcher thing it from a different Warmachine figure, but maybe it came with this one, I can't remember. The larger addition weapon mounted on an articulated arm behind the left shoulder is from a 6" War Machine figure (simple to mount; drilled a hole and inserted).

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »
War Machine 2.

Both War Machine custom figures are probably 5 or 8 years old.

I don't even remember where a bunch of these parts came from. Left arm stock gun has a longer barrel, and a new shotgun (from Marauders parts). Right arm has a new scifi cannon thing from somewhere. Right shoulder is the stock minigun. Left shoulder is from a different War Machine figure, with an added greeble piece on top. The head is from the comic book version War Machine (repainted). The arms for the back-mounted guns are from a Star Wars accessory (I think), and I don't know where those back-mounted guns came from.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »
Wouldn't want to tangle with either of those War Machines! They look great.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 03:37:28 AM »
I have a ton of non-Star Wars custom figures too. Anyone mind if I start another thread to share those?

I don't think anyone minds at all to see more of your master creations, Chuckles!
Certainly do I like them - especially the story behind Chuckles! I initially thought your profile pic was a custom of yourself. Having gone undercover after this is more than reasonable! I do not like FB at all, either. Still so many people share their amazing creations on there. Hope Mr Zuckerberg appreciates it. Love the deco on Chuckles' white shirt! These stickers are incredible! So those are decals? Thought the flower pattern was taken from napkins or something else...
As said before - excellent work here as well!

Also like the MAJ Bludd and your War Machine customs!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 04:13:19 AM »
Very nice. I like the weapon mods. Back to the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »
I made this one two or three years ago. The body is a GI Joe, the head is Marvel Universe, the accessories are mostly Marauder Task Force, and the slide-off decal is, once again, Bad Mother Tattoos! I had to cut the chest decal because it sits right across the mid-chest articulation (ended up using two to get the look right).

And of course the Marauder vest fits. I had to sculpt and paint over the peg-holes before applying the decal.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 04:44:57 PM »
And since I had Frank out for new photos I got to thinking about a project idea, and knocked it out today. I've been thinking about this for awhile, and finally made the time. He'll be getting new Marauder body armor too, but that's still on the workbench. Marauder Contract Ops figure (swapped around some colors to get matching shirt and shoes), Marvel Universe head, and Bad Mother again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 07:36:36 AM »
Very nice. I am running out of internet time this morning, but I had to get these on the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 04:19:09 PM »
All you Star Wars fans will probably recognize the Cassian Andor body I used to make this Star Lord figure. I hated the body Hasbro used (and got this Andor SO cheap). I was able to use the Star Lord head, jacket (and arms), and I cut the peg off the right leg to give me a "holster" on this custom.

More Guardians soon!!