Poll

WHAT GAME ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR?

KILLZONE 3
2 (28.6%)
RAGE
1 (14.3%)
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY
1 (14.3%)
ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM
2 (28.6%)
UNCHARTED 3 DRAKES DECEPTION
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: NEW GAMES 2011  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: NEW GAMES 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
There isn't a new CoD coming out this year.  In fact, the next one hasn't even been announced yet.  Activision, the parent company who designs these (farmed out to smaller divisions like Treyarch and others) DID say that they will release new CoD games every 12-18 months.  The first new map pack is due out in February, however, on the Xbox 360, then later on the PS3.  Microsoft and Activision signed an agreement through 2012 to be the first to debut the new map packs for the CoD games, so I'm guessing the next game will be due out in early 2012, but that's just a guess. 

However, back to the point, the game I'm most looking forward to isn't on your list.  It's Mass Effect 3, and I'm already salivating over it.  I have the first two on Xbox 360 and have played them through several times, setting up a couple different profiles for the whole series so when the 3rd comes out, I can end the saga in a couple different ways.  PS3 just got ME2 (tomorrow, I believe), and I've read that it actually blows the Xbox 360 version away (same game, better side quests, graphics, and sound, from what I read), so I may need to pick this one up as well.  Unfortunately, PS3 will NOT be getting ME1, as it was made by an Xbox 360-exclusive company.  There are a few predetermined choices for ME2 if you haven't played ME1 that I'd rather have changed, but can live with as well.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »
thanks for the heads up on the call of duty just assumed they were making another cash cow again cant wait for the new maps not happy about the $15.00 but they look pretty sweet ( berlin great for sniping) and mass effec t2 came out today have to wait to get it :'( i played the first into the ground when i had my 360 dying to play again at least ps3 owners get all the dlc for free

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »
I played the demo level for killzone 3 tonight. excellent graphics, even if it is in 720p. the sound effects were pretty stunning.

Still holding out for socom4 though. April baby!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• Major
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 05:31:48 AM »
socom is looking pretty sweet lets just hope its better than the last theres a cool vid on the playstaion store

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 06:20:56 AM »
Well, I was wrong: there is a new CoD hitting in November 2011, Modern Warfare 3. I think it's too soon, but that's just me. Activision is bringing in a 3rd developer, Sledgehammer Games, to work on this one since Infinity Ward lost most of their crew last year when their VP quit. Sledgehammer Games was apparently working on a futuristic CoD title, which is now likely suspended. Found all of this on www.ign.com

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• Major
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 06:29:10 AM »
yeah i seen that to i dont know they need to up the ante compared the last couple titles im getting tired of the same car every year with a new paint job just played the killzone multiplayer seemed like the last kills where a little quicker but the same

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
seriously can't wait for killzone 3 ! im getting the old killzone just to play it again cause its so good !
in the ps3 magazine they said that k3 might even be better than black ops ! the first one was better than black ops !