Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 5997 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
Re: Mass Effect
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »
Sounds like you're enjoying it! I've watched every video about that game that has come out so far, which has only built up my excitement even more. I can't wait to get it!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Mass Effect 2
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »
So, while I was back on the Citadel, I picked up two books from one of the stores there, written by Drew Karpyshyn, also known for his books written about Darth Bane!  I do believe now that I remember it, he had also written a couple Mass Effect books.  I may have to check those out!

The game has been a lot of fun.  There are some subtle changes in gameplay, such as the ability to scan planets from orbit for mineral deposits to use for upgrades, and the ability to upgrade the munitions for your weapons, so I can fire Incendiary or Arctic bullets.  Pretty sweet!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »
I just started on this and have just begun my first "mission" with the new team, I am really looking forward to seeing this one shape up, Sue works this weekend so I will have some" nagging honey do list"  free game time ;)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »
So I hooked my Xbox up to my LCD HDTV, using the HDMI cable...holy crap!!!!  I had trouble reading some things on the standard def TV, but on the HDTV it is SO much more explosive!  The firefights are so crisp and clean, the graphics are something out of a cartoon! 

As for the game itself, I'm having a blast.  I'm working on acquiring Talk, the "last" team member (there's still one more slot, so who knows who fills it), and then I have to go do a bunch of personal missions to win my team membes' loyalties.  This is DEFINITELY not a game for kids!  There is some pretty strong language, and even some sexual situations!  I'm still adicted to it.  I was up til 2am this morning playing it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 01:09:52 PM »
I am envious. Sounds killer. Let me know if you pick up any of the Mass Effect books and like em. I am all about a good sci fi read, especially one where a group of unstoppable aliens it anhiliating everything, which is what I think this is about.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »
I am no where near that into the game yet, I just don;t have much free time, but it sounds great,   I am a little so-so on some parts right now,  I am getting used to scanning planets and having to buy fuel to "inner system" travel,  but so far it has been very fun and challenging

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »
I bought it right after it came out, and it's awesome! I'm on my second playthrough right now. I can't wait for the thrid game! Especially with the damn ending this game had.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:04 PM »
I finished this game yesterday, and started on Round 2 last night.  The ending is definitely making you want the 3rd game to come sooner rather than later.  I won' t spoil it for anyone, but the choices you make in the final battle REALLY make HUGE differences on the outcome.  I actually went back to a prior save to do it again and had a different outcome, and I didn't like either of them.  I am going to do a couple things different here the second time.  In all, it's been a lot of fun.  Does anyone know when the 3rd chapter comes out???

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »
The third game will probably come out in 2012.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »
WHAT????  Is that a guess, or have you read that somewhere?  That's too long!  I can't go another 2 years!  Damn it!

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
That's a guess. The first game came out in 2008, then the second in 2010, so I'd assume that the third game would come out in 2012. Halo:Reach will definitley keep me busy until ME3 comes out.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
Yeah, I am looking forward to Halo: Reach, but I'm so addicted to Mass Effect right now!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »
So, I've completed this game twice now, achieving most of the achievements.  I was about to trade it in at GameStop when I read an article/review on it in Game Informer.  Apparently, there is a whole lot to miss if you don't have a save from the first Mass Effect.  So, just to see what I may have missed, I traded in a couple games for Mass Effect I and am playing it now, to see how much changes in the 2nd game.  I tell ya one thing: It is different, control-wise, than Mass Effect II.  I miss the new changes a lot!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 11:28:44 AM »
I would love to see a video walkthrough of some of this. Get your webcam and do a video playing this game so I can Jones more for not having a modern system! LOL. I so need an Xbox.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »
I would love to see a video walkthrough of some of this. Get your webcam and do a video playing this game so I can Jones more for not having a modern system! LOL. I so need an Xbox.
If you want to see a complete HD walkthrough of Mass Effect 2, type in SSoHPKC on Youtube, and browse through his videos. It's a 105 video walkthrough, so I'm sure you don't have time to watch it, but you can see some parts of the game and see how awesome it is.