Author Topic: The Avengers  (Read 5461 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Avengers
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »
Yeah, good point on Norton. This one is all Green Guy, not Banner in my opinion although his one line about his secret I thought was very well done there toward the end. I totally echo your sentiment on Tony. The role was made for him. Stan Lee would be wise to mold his future comic books around Downey Jr. in my opinion. I can't wait to see more movies. We have got to get that classic line of "Avengers Assemble." It was perhaps my only let down, but not much of one with the action that was thorough this movie. There was not one dull moment. Not one, I don't blame you for going to see it again. I might go again too and I never even did that for Star Wars.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:55:38 PM »
I like to go during the early part of the day, before 1pm, during the week.  Kids are still in school (unfortunately, so are teachers though!), most people work, so the theater is empty, and tickets at the AMC theaters are only $5.  When I saw the last Harry potter on opening day, there were 7 people in the theater, including me, and that is now the #2 movie in gross earnings opening weekend (behind Avengers!), so that suits me well.  Even when I saw Avengers, the theater was maybe half full.

And yes, Cap yelling "Avengers ASSEMBLE!" was much needed!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:39 AM »

Justs gives Stan a reason to make another movie and another movie. I am envisioning a movie where they and X-Men take on a super bad guy team or threat. I am trying to remember if there were any Marvel Comics where they worked together. Man, can you imagine a Marvel Secret Wars Movie?!

I usually have such a let down with video or comic movies, but Marvel ones for the most part don't end up giving that let down and are done well. Even Batman Movies, which I think are good for the most part, aren't up to the same standars as are Marvel Movies now in my opinion. I can only hope DC copies this movie of a sort and shows us the Justice League, but Marvel is definitely doing their movies up right.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:14:40 PM by Tamer »

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
Just gives Stan a reason to make another movie and another movie. I am envisioning a movie where they and X-Men take on a super bad guy team or thread. I am trying to remember if there were any Marvel Comics where they worked together. Man, can you imagine a Marvel Secret Wars Movie?!

Well, with the success of X-Men: First Class, I doubt that Fox will let the rights lapse so that Marvel can make X-Men films anytime soon.  With a Secret War movie you'd also need Spiderman, and Sony has the movie rights to his character... by the time that the two franchises lapse back into control of Marvel, the current line of films will be long over.  I don't see RDJ still playing Iron Man at 60.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 01:15:29 PM »
It would still be cool. Daggone movie rights anyhow.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
I think it humorous that other studios, like Sony and Fox have rights over MARVEL'S PROPERTY!  Still, those points are 100% dead on.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to see cameos, at the very least, by characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine. 

We KNOW that there is going to be an Avengers 2.  If you stuck around for the FIRST (yes, there were TWO) stinger during the credits, you know who the villain will likely be.  So who will be joining the movie?  Rumors are already swirling, perhaps completely fan driven, of Wasp and Ant-Man/Giant-Man.  I've also already heard of the possibility of The Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and less likely, Dr. Strange.  They could also go into Wakanda and encounter The Black Panther.  Even more so, if they go up against the villain seen in that stinger, then the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer could make an appearance.  I know, WAY too early to start speculating.  We can start when Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, and Hulk 2 (I refuse to count that Ang Lee quagmire), which all have tentative release dates.

Now, if you haven't seen it yet, or did see it but didn't stay long enough, there ARE 2 stingers, and the last one is pretty good, well worth sitting all the way through the credits.  If you have seen the movie but didn't stay all the way to the very end and want to know what it was about, PM me and I'll tell you.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 06:07:52 PM »
They couldn't do the Scarlet Witch since she's a mutant and Fox owns the rights to the mutants.  With the success of The Avengers, you can bet that Fox will do everything in their power to make sure that the X-Men franchise remains in their power so they can have some future negotiating room if Paramount wants to include her in a future movie.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:41 AM »
No doubt FOX is now salivating they were smart enough to get those rights. Smart move on their part.

And yes Pat, I realized when I got in the daggone car to go home I should have stayed through the credits. If you can pm me what was in those I would like that. Or heck create a thread that says SPOILER ALERT, AVENGERS STINGERS.

It wouldn't suprpise me if they were already up on YouTube too.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
They are, Tamer, just look for "Avengers end credits scenes" or something and you'll get a couple of 100 hits :) The first one is very cool, showing what's in store for future Marvel features, the other is a funny gimmick.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »
Cool, thanks Remco.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 11:50:07 PM »
They couldn't do the Scarlet Witch since she's a mutant and Fox owns the rights to the mutants.  With the success of The Avengers, you can bet that Fox will do everything in their power to make sure that the X-Men franchise remains in their power so they can have some future negotiating room if Paramount wants to include her in a future movie.

For clarification, it's not that she's a mutant, it's that she is Magneto's daughter (and former member of the Brotherhood, as is Quicksilver).  Mutants not assosated with the X-men (which there are not many, Namor is the only one I can think of) are not part of the X-Men deal.  Spider-Woman (Mutant) fits that catagory too, although there is debate about her status due to the Spider-Man sony deal, as such she is kind of in Limbo as far as movies go. 

There are several FF and Daredevil villians in a similar status like Anihilus, the wording is vauge and although he is considered an FF villian his status in the MU has shifted (This is becoming an issue with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie rumored since he has shifted to thier rouge's gallary).  Stilt man is one that is vauge too as he is generally considered a Daredevil villian but often fits better in Iron Man's rouges, however no one cares about him but he is an example. 

These deals were written very odd and there are iffy parts to them.  Pretty much anyone already filmed or persons related to them (ie Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver) are set and that is all that is certain. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 12:01:04 AM »

Justs gives Stan a reason to make another movie and another movie. I am envisioning a movie where they and X-Men take on a super bad guy team or threat. I am trying to remember if there were any Marvel Comics where they worked together. Man, can you imagine a Marvel Secret Wars Movie?!

Plenty, and plenty where they are against each other too (which is one reason why the Avengers vs. X-Men Mini series is kind of dull to me). 

Off the top of my head, House of M (Alternate reality where Magneto rulled and resulted in Scarlett Witch ending almost all the mutants), Avengers and X-Men (1980's series), Bloodties (Crossover with X-Men centering around Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver). 

In addition Avengers have made cameos in X-Men storylines like Mutant Massacre (Thor found Angel pinned to the wall),

I usually have such a let down with video or comic movies, but Marvel ones for the most part don't end up giving that let down and are done well. Even Batman Movies, which I think are good for the most part, aren't up to the same standars as are Marvel Movies now in my opinion. I can only hope DC copies this movie of a sort and shows us the Justice League, but Marvel is definitely doing their movies up right.

I think it's funny because 20-30 years ago the opposite was true, The superman and batman movies really raised the bar back then.  DC never followed up that success with some of the more recognizable characters like Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman (although movies were rumored back then).  Marvel's movies were BAAAAAD!  Cap, Punisher, Fantastic Four (so bad they never even released it),

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:30 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I think DC is doing ok by Batman and I went to see the Superman movies when Reeve was the actor, but wow Marvel is knocking the ball out of the park now imo.