Author Topic: My diorama - Mos Maa'eli  (Read 17805 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: My diorama - Mos Maa'eli
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:03 AM »
I'm going to have to make space in my garage so I can do a 1/6 Tatooine street scene.

:o

That's reason enough to get a passport right there...  Mos Maa'eli and Mos Hemble...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:19:41 AM by DocOutlands »

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
Thanks Ron.  ;D  I love your work man and have done for a long time and you have been an inspiration that's for sure.  ;D  I am planning on a slight extention to this dio in about 12 months......my wife and i are building a new home so i'll have a "man cave" this time around rather than a spare room like i've got now.   I'd love to see a 1/6 scale dio man, a BIG one and if anyone can pull that off man it's you Ron....do it....give into temptation, join the darkside (cue evil laugh, scary music and lighting crashes).

@DocOutlands - Join us.....give into your anger, shun the light side and come over to the dark side....let the diorama flow through you  :D........(yes, i'll never grow up)  Mos Hemble sounds like an awesome name man.  The Maa'eli part in Mos Maa'eli is actually my daughters name jumbled around..her name is Amelia so i just played with her name on a pad of paper for 20 minutes and liked what i got.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
Wardog you are strong with the Dark side of the force all I could think about last night was a 1/6 Mos Hemble (and yes I like the name ;D) is going to become a realality.

I have started doing up plans for it as we speak and will be starting on it in roughly a month once the wife clears her stiff off my half of the garage.  I am going to have it between 3-4 meters long and about a 1 meter wide I'll let you and the rest of ISY know how I am goingwith it.

And it's a pity that I am posted up North I would love to do a joint dio with you that would be very cool indeed.

Ron

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »
Yeah Mos Hemble rocks man  ;D

Man i'm keen to see your plans and the WIP shots as the dio comes along and i must say that the size of the dio is going to be impressive. 

Yeah i'd love to build a dio with you man, i've never done a tandem build before and yeah it sucks that we're so far apart because i think that if we lived close by each other we'd dio build our butts off hahahahahahahahahaha....and our wives would hate us.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2012, 03:18:24 AM »
Yeah Mos Hemble rocks man  ;D

Man i'm keen to see your plans and the WIP shots as the dio comes along and i must say that the size of the dio is going to be impressive. 

Yeah i'd love to build a dio with you man, i've never done a tandem build before and yeah it sucks that we're so far apart because i think that if we lived close by each other we'd dio build our butts off hahahahahahahahahaha....and our wives would hate us.

I'm on leave in 4 days and away for the first week then the second week I'll be getting down to the basics with the design etc so once I get that out of the way I'll start building.

Yeah a tandem build would be great and my wife wouldn't hate me she would just call me an even bigger nerd LOL.

Ron

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
Time is always the issue man, if i manage to get at least 1 hour a day on my dio then it's a good day.  My wife and i are biulding a new house next year and we're moving into my mother and father in laws old place until the new one gets built and that'll be happening just after Christmas so i've got to be very careful about how big i make things and how easily they can be packed away because i won't have the space to get the dio out until we move into out new place late 2013. 

Luckily all the buildings are free standing and the "ground" they all stand on is in 2 sections so basically nothing is glued down to the "ground"....my biggest fear is that the main building will be far to big to pack in  the way i have in mind....i'll have to give it some more thought i think. 

My wife also calls me a nerd man....and a geek  ;D.   When we get our new place i'll have my own "man cave" so who knows what she'll be calling me then hahahahahahahahaha.   I've added a few more details to my dio too man, when i get them completed i'll upload some pics.   

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2012, 05:49:20 PM »
Two update shots.  All i've done is add an awning and an old peice of machinery/generator (whatever it maybe). 

I'm currently working on a smaller project in the dio....i'm just waiting for glues and paints to dry.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »
This is looking really cool!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
Cheers Mando.....as i'm typing this i'm waiting for paint to dry on the other part of the dio i'm working on...well it's two parts actually....one in the Swoop Garage and another down near the other awnings.  I'll put pics up when it's all done.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2012, 12:22:32 AM »
Looking great buddy it's little things like this that I love seeing in dio's .

Ron

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2012, 01:25:47 AM »
Cheers Ron  :D

I should have some more pics ready to go tomorrow afternoon (i hope).  The paint has dried on one of the dio projects i was working on over the past few days so hopefully tomorrow morning i'll weather them and get all the finer details done and get the pics up.  The other dio thing i'm working on should be completed by the weekend with any luck!!!!.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »
Latest edition to Mos Maa'eli.  A street vendor who sells illegal intoxicating beverages (i'd drink there)  ;D

I added an R2 unit to help serve the patrons as well.   I don't know who i'll put behind the tables as the vendor, possibly a custom Rodian.

I may place some "food" hanging from the top of the awning inside....i'm 50/50 on this at the moment, see how that idea travels today.

There's another part i'm currently working on which should be completed either this afternoon or tomorrow sometime

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:44:30 PM by Wardog »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2012, 01:27:12 AM »
Another awesome update again mate, I just love these little extra's and I just noticed the shade cloths hanging on the walls aweosme work.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2012, 05:55:12 AM »
AMAZING! It is all the little details, like this, that makes this dio so life like. You should do a short video that would look like someone walking thru the streets recording. Very cool!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
+1 to that sentiment!