Author Topic: Droidworld's Custom Figures: Tonnikas, Binocular R5s and more.... 07-09-1011  (Read 15687 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
I am very familure with your figures as I have seen your older ones as they were made, but seeing these posted at one time is really cool. I love the updated G-3po, great green tarnished look to his coverings, I just may have to try that one.
Love the R4 astromech but do agree he has a prequal look. You should have a chat with Wtaithnine or resident astromech pro and get a designation for him so he can add him to the directory. Same with these other great droids you have created.
Love Toryn Farr and the gadget she is holding is scaled perfectly as is the wire. Poor K-3PO, but he looks spot on with the scene where he is damaged. Light up 21-B, just perfect!
Next, one of my favorites, R2-D2 with a properly scaled sensor scope! Well done!
The 12" LIN droid Rocks! So great and would love to see a tutorial on that creation!
Your Yavin Ceremony Han is exactly what Hasbro should have given us. I too have one on my bech and need to resculpt that collar.
Luke, the Tanaka's, Melas and the rest are all equaly great customs and I can't wait for another update!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
I still can't choose a favorite but used one of the pics of your Tonnika sisters for the front page story.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Great stuff.

The thread used for the sisters' hair is perfect.  Great idea.  Really enjoyed viewing your thread.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
I love the light up 2-1B. All of them are awesome.

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
Awesome customs :o

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
What an amazing portfolio Droidworld :D Welcome to the Yards 0/ I can't even begin to pick a favorite, but that Light up 2-1B maybe it!!!

Offline Trandoshanslaver1138

• let the "experts" handle this.
  • Lieutenant
  • a sceduled break
Really nice work
...Jareth Sartoris never found out what ICO Austin had seen back there.

Offline Droidworld

• Ensign
    • Custom Figures, Dioramas and Animated Avatars on Photobucket
Thanks Spooky and Sithhappens!  Here is an Update for June 27, 2011:

This weekend, while cleaning up for a BBQ, I found a TVC See Threepio that I had damaged, trying to remove one of his arms.  (I still don't know how to properly remove this guy's arm!?!)  So, to make lemonade out of a lemon situation, decided to make a Tusken Attack C-3PO.  (Luckily it was the correct arm I butchered!)  A little sand, acrylic paint, baking soda and of course, Spooky's Hot Glue trick, and VOILA!!!

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
Threepio no!!! The first of many hundreds of star wars characters to lose a limb... temporary as it may have been. Great use of backgrounds, did you sculpt those rock outcroppings yourself?
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline Droidworld

• Ensign
    • Custom Figures, Dioramas and Animated Avatars on Photobucket
Threepio no!!! The first of many hundreds of star wars characters to lose a limb... temporary as it may have been. Great use of backgrounds, did you sculpt those rock outcroppings yourself?

Thanks halnarthax87!  And yes, I carved the ground and background rocks out of pink styrofoam insulation, then painted them.  I't's just a tiny section of rock, from an old bookshelf diorama.  I plan on updating my Tatooine Exterior dio next year some time....

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
COOL!

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
some sweet shots looks like its right out of the movie

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Great work!  Looking forward to your next posts.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
love it mate  the sand glue trick worked a treat ,cant wait for more!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Uh wow.  I knew your figures would probably be as great as your dios, but wow anyway. On the front page.

I also appreciate you providing me a sized animated gif that I could use on the fp too.