Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280550 times)

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »
The commando in the new Evo set is not a repaint it had knee and ankle joints, if they ever do give us better articulation I can't see it happening soon considering they just gave it an upgrade with Fi.  However I believe it would be too difficult to give the commandos shoulder joints considering how far the armor sticks out, kind of the same thing with Cody these two figures are prime candidates of figures that will not get ball-jointed shoulders.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
Oh - ok, so the EVO RC *does* have articulated legs?  In that case, scratch my RC question (again).  Just looking at that pic, it doesn't *look* like it has new articulation.  *sigh*

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
Hasbro,
After seeing the Comic Con presentation I have to say that I am a little disappointed that there are no signs of a salute to the 25th anniversary of Star Wars first big venture into the world of the TV series. As you probably know, 2010 marks 25 years since Ewoks and Droids first aired. Next came the original Clone Wars series, and now the popular new Clone Wars. Since Star Wars TV is so popular now, wouldn't it make sense to acknowledge the milestone in some way in the action figure line? I hope you have some plans for this brewing!

I would like to change my above question to this:

Hasbro,
What are you thoughts concerning chase figures? What I am thinking here is something similar to what was done with Ultimate Galactic Hunt or First Day of Issue, but with a repainted figure instead of a coin or variant packaging. For instance, there could be a basic movie version of Boba Fett and a chase variant of the same figure repainted in Droids colors, or a basic Ben Kenobi with a chase variant repainted in the colors of the vintage Kenner figure.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:05:12 AM by James »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
When asked about this and the early shows, including the Christmas Special, they just kinda said "not likely in the future" Ofcourse, we have heard that before James.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2009, 05:56:11 PM »
Ok, I am gonna delve in first.

We are all loving the pics we have seen of the new ATST. I am a bit confused about the paint job. Being that it is pictured with a ROTJ atst driver, shouldn't it have a "greener" paint job? This dude looks like it came from Tatooine.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
A droid gunship and an MTT would be nice.  Is there any hope of getting either one?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »
Also about that atst, I notice that it is packaged with one driver fig. Any chance of a release of a single packed atst driver so that we can man up our two seater atst?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
Any more questions based off what we saw last week with SDCC? I figured this thread would be full of em by now.

I still haven't recieved a new set of submission dates from Hasbro, but we will go on a three week cycle since thier last submission deadline which was July 2nd. We are well caught up and I am really expecting questions back this week as they are about a week late, but SDCC was last week so that comes as no surprise. 

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »
Either the pics of upcoming releases answered most of our questions (they did for me) or the pics left us gibbering, slack-jawed idiots unable to compose a coherent question.  (I fall into "slack-jawed" at the very least..."gibbering" is on y'all to decide...  ;D)

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2009, 09:32:13 PM »
Well have we covered where the heck  Cin Drallig was, we heard he was coming?!
Also why are we getting Jarael & Rohlan Dyre before Zayne Carrick, it's obvious we will get him if these two are being made but it seems weird since we got Cade Skywalker before others in that story.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2009, 06:00:06 AM »
OK guys, we got a new schedule from Hasbro. They are due by Monday 9AM so I am gonna send in what we have for SDCC just to be safe. At worst, it won't hurt us to have one round up on the Q and A guys.

Also just got off the phone with Clonehead and he noticed there looked to be a clasp on that Nikto gun which I totally missed. New sail barge or skiff in the works?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:52:15 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2009, 07:05:17 AM »
Questions submitted, well before Monday's deadline.

Keep those questions coming folks.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:42 AM »
OK guys, we got a new schedule from Hasbro. They are due by Monday 9AM so I am gonna send in what we have for SDCC just to be safe. At worst, it won't hurt us to have one round up on the Q and A guys.

Also just got off the phone with Clonehead and he noticed there looked to be a clasp on that Nikto gun which I totally missed. New sail barge or skiff in the works?
yeah buddy. Looks to me like it was made to clip onto a handrail or something.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
my money's on a skiff
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »
my money's on a skiff

We can only hope!  If not, that's gonna send the ebay price of skiffs thru the kriffing roof!