Author Topic: Narceron's Reverse Trivia, SW, :)  (Read 2750 times)

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Narceron's Reverse Trivia, SW, :)
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:37:52 PM »
I was given the option to make my own trivia thread, but it occurs to me, I don't know nearly enough about SW.  Then I got to thinking, what if I took it the other way.

I ask questions I don't know the answer to, newbie stuff, like that, and we get a little primer on the SW verse, :0  Wanna try?

1)  Is the 501st clone regiment later to become the 501st storm troopers?  If so, is rex there, does he know vader is anikin, etc?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Narceron's Reverse Trivia, SW, :)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »
cool idea for a thread. I do think the 501st clones turns into the 501st stormies, course there are lot of folks here smarter about SW than I.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »
I do believe that by the time the Stormtroopers come to be, the Clone Commanders have all retired.  I would have to say that they are aware of Anakin's transformation to Darth Vader.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »
See, thats what I'm talking about.. . stuff I just don't know.

2) Is it true that twileks have their brains in their head tentacles?

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 05:09:52 PM »
The tentacles, called "brain-tails," "lekku," or "tchun-tchin "(the name "tchun-tchin" actually referred to each lekku—'"tchun" being the left lekku and "tchin" the right) are advanced organs used for communication and cognitive functions.
The brain tails protruded down the back of the skull and contained part of a Twi'lek's brain.
A Twi'lek's brain-tails served many purposes in their daily lives and culture, storing fat and being used as erogenous zones.
The Twi'lek's native language of Twi'leki was spoken using a combination of words and subtle movements of the lekku.
 Newborn Twi'leks have no leku, as they presumably grow out during childhood.

Its amazing what a little  tweaking of a search engine, an internet connection, and some reading  can get you...

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
Does anyone know unit flags of Cone troopers

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 05:13:28 PM »
Unit flags?
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
Hope this adds a better light on things Narceron.

The 501st Legion, later known as "Vader's Fist" and the Five Hundred and First, was an elite unit of clone troopers and later stormtroopers. Commissioned by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine during the Clone Wars, the 501st fought in many battles, such as the Battle of Mygeeto and the Battle of Coruscant, becoming one of the most well-known and most feared legions. In 19 BBY, the legion became Darth Vader's personal stormtrooper unit as he led them during Operation: Knightfall, in which the clones helped take down the Jedi, whom they believed to be traitors to the Republic.

Following the rise of the Galactic Empire, the 501st transitioned into a stormtrooper unit, like all other clone units. Given new armor and weapons, the 501st faithfully served the Empire, operating under the direct command of Darth Vader. The legion fought in a number of battles during the Galactic Civil War in an effort to defeat the Rebel Alliance, although the Alliance ultimately triumphed. However, the 501st would continue to serve the Empire, fighting under the command of leaders like Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo.

After the Battle of Kamino, the 501st became the last remnant of the Grand Army of the Republic fully composed of clones of Jango Fett, as opposed to the ever-growing and more diverse Stormtrooper Corps, where the Fett clones became a minority with the inclusion of a pool of clones from different templates and birth-born recruits. Eventually, under the Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn, more diverse recruits would be added to the 501st, including non-Humans.

A member of the 501st constructed a journal of his thoughts during some of the most well-known battles in which he fought.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
I don't think they really spread light on the whole topic of Rex going with the 501st.  We might have to wait a few seasons for that answer to become apparent.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 03:54:03 PM »
Hmm,

I have another question.

Does the empire only use sienar ships, the twin ion engine guys, or is it possible incom and others made ships for the empire.

I've just always thought it weird that one company had a monopoly on such a lucrative contract.

Also, who taught luke to construct his own lightsaber>?

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
Narceron I am going to help you out have you heard of a little site called Wookieepedia, all your answers can be found there, it's like an encyclopedia and it lists most things to do with Star Wars.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Hope this helps.