Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Questions

Painted ball joints

<< < (2/2)

Tamer:
Another paint for plastic I will almost swear by is Krylon Fusion Spray Paint for plastic. If you follow their prep instructions it almost seems like that paint actually "bonds" to what you are painting.

Sjefke:

--- Quote from: Tamer on May 20, 2016, 03:06:51 AM ---Another paint for plastic I will almost swear by is Krylon Fusion Spray Paint for plastic. If you follow their prep instructions it almost seems like that paint actually "bonds" to what you are painting.

--- End quote ---

I've  used the Krylon fusion for a couple of projects to and it does work well, but did you want to still requires some prep work such as sanding, especially the joint ring.  Cutting that down flush with the ball and sanding is usually what it takes. To get better access to the parts,
I've popped off the joints to cut and sand them. The paint has to be cured 24 hours before popping back in.

Once I think I'm done, I'm still dabbing on a touch of crazy glue applied with a tooth pick for a durable cover.

--- Quote from: JDeck on May 19, 2016, 01:32:07 PM ---  I bought this product from microscale industries, called Micro Flat.

--- End quote ---

I may give this stuff a try.  The problem with crazy glue is that if it gets into the joint, you're screwed.

JDeck:
  I'll try the microflat on my door gunner to see how it works. When I have the time. The BS scout shoulder has that black ring that needs to be painted. ill let you all know how well it works.

bubbavader:
I am starting to be of the opinion of Sharpie-ing the ball joint (which is a die) and then painting the limb.  Black joints can look cool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version