Author Topic: Premium Format Snowtrooper  (Read 962 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Premium Format Snowtrooper
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »
What do you folks think about this one?

SSC Premium Format Snowtrooper Link

"'Imperial Troops have entered the base!'
A detachment of Imperial soldiers specially trained to operate in arctic climates, Snowtroopers are best known for their assault on Echo Base in the Battle of Hoth.

The Snowtrooper Premium Format figure stands atop an Eksoan Class-4T3 power generator, scouting for Rebel forces with his E-11 blaster at the ready. Crafted in detailed 1:4 scale, the cold assault soldier wears a fabric kama skirt, complete with a fabric belt and pouches. The Snowtrooper Premium Format figure is an outstanding addition to any Star Wars collection.

Product Details

License
Star Wars
Scale
Premium Format™ Figure
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Product Size
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 11" W (279.4mm) x 11" D (279.4mm)*
View Size Chart »
Dimensional Weight
16 lbs*
Int'l Dim. Weight
30 lbs*
Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more »
Product Sku
UPC
Artists
Bernardo Esquivel (Paint), Jeronimo Duarte Argerich of Viggiano Studio (Sculpt), Adrian Taboada of Viggiano Studio (Sculpt), Dan Mahler (Costume Fabrication), Tim Hanson (Costume Fabrication), Haiwei Hou (Design), The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

© 2013 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM."

So anyone gonna pick this one up?

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Re: Premium Format Snowtrooper
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »
As someone on Sideshow Freaks said a couple years ago: "if Sideshow would release a rock with a pebble as exclusive, there will be at least 50 people to buy it instantly, and then declare how much they love it". Unfortunately for me the 1:4 Snowtrooper PF doesn't look right as it is. The pose is not too smart. The pants are too tight, the head/helmet too large and neck too long - these things combined make it look like a famished bobble head. The fixed rotated head is also a big minus. A regular articulated 1:6 figure could be modified (make the pants puffier, shorten/modify the neck, and rotate the head front or in a more normal position), but not this fixed statue.

I'm a big Imperial fan, but I don't buy everything just because it is Sideshow. Sideshow is well known for their "artistic interpretation" and lack of accuracy on too many of their items. I can live with the errors on the 1:6 Snowtrooper, because it still looks better overall than this statue and its price was much less. I can live with the errors on the 1:4 Stormie PF because my main focus are Stormies, but not on the Snowtrooper. I have a $10 bobble head in my collection (a funny Stormie), I don't need another with 35 times its price. :(
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 02:19:50 PM »
I remember you saying that about this one Serg and figured you would comment on it. The more I look at it the more I can agree with you. I think for that prices getting something that fixed with those flaws is gonna make this a no go for me unless a serious discount happens. I might bite for half price, but not at full price.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:12:02 AM »
The thing is that by canceling the Snowie PF I have more money to go into the SSC 1:6 Probot or eFX 1:1 Scout helmet. If the head of the Snowtrooper PF was able to rotate forward, I might have gotten it, and try to make it look better. But as a fixed statue I don't like it as it is, not for the dinero they are asking. As I said, I better get the Probe Droid or Scout lid...
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback