Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Television

Andor

(1/12) > >>

DarthHawk:
I don't see a thread for this show so I hope it's ok that I have started one.
This could possibly be the 2nd best Star Wars production dudsney has created. Number 1 being Rogue 1.
Sucks that the premier has been pushed back but I might actually look forward to this.
At least a little bit. Enjoy the trailer.

DarthHawk:
This is good news. We should have an actual level of realism to the sets instead of a background that looks like a high school stage play.

From Empire magazine with new image:

Upcoming Rogue One prequel series Andor – telling the story of Diego Luna’s rebel Cassian Andor amid the rising rebellion in the five years running up to that movie – went predominantly practical with its environments. That meant building massive sets at Pinewood, heading out into the world to shoot on location, and leaving the video wall behind altogether. “Yep, we’re old-school,” chuckles series mastermind (and Rogue One alumnus) Tony Gilroy, in Empire’s major new Andor feature – coming soon in the House Of The Dragon issue. “We didn’t use StageCraft at all.” It’s a choice that looks set to add even more grit and earthiness to a series all about capturing that texture, set at a time when the Star Wars galaxy is a particularly dark and dangerous place to be.?
?
The effect was the opposite of dark and dangerous for Andor's cast. “As an actor, it’s beautiful,” says Luna on the practical production. “Everything is mechanical. You’re interacting with real stuff.” Fiona Shaw, who plays Maarva in the series, also revelled in the practicality. “My character’s house is built from parts of old spaceships,” she says. “I used to go out and just stare at it. Breathtaking.” The only downside? Shooting with expansive vistas occasionally meant some big, long walks. “In Pitlochry, Scotland, we had to walk for hours up a mountain to set up one shot,” says Luna. “Huge effort. Really dangerous to get there. All you can see around you is sky, trees, rivers, lakes. Amazing! Like being on another planet.” Prepare for Andor to make the Star Wars galaxy feel bigger than ever before.?

Tamer:
Thanks for starting a thread on this. I am hopeful.

RC-1136:
As with anything modern LucasFilm,

Cautiously optimistic.

Tamer:

--- Quote from: RC-1136 on August 16, 2022, 03:01:41 AM ---As with anything modern LucasFilm,

Cautiously optimistic.

--- End quote ---

Summed up my thinking on this new show too. Hopeful, but not gonna get rocked out of shape if its awful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version