Imperial Community > International

Egypt - Marsa Alam - Red Sea

(1/2) > >>

Darth More:
Egypt - it’s always been a childhood dream of mine to visit the ancient temples of Egypt. Now I’m here at the Red Sea about 300 km East of Luxor.
My brother wanted to go diving after he finished university in May. And with the rare but annual shark attacks, I didn’t want to let him go alone.
We’re at a bay where 7 hotels were built at. The airport of Marsa Alam used to be a military one, before a Scheich from Saudi Arabia bought it to make it a civil one. Now tourism flourishes here.

We went snorkeling twice so far and it’s a blast. I cannot take pictures underwater, but we saw many different kinds of butterfly and parrot fish so far, including a bicolor parrot fish and two blue spotted rays!

Yesterday the phone in our room suddenly rang, but it wasn’t the reception.
I was surprised to see this little fellow which jumped out of my bag before when I opened it. It was the best wake-up call for me to watch out for scorpions, snakes and spiders. The wildlife here is very present. And my dreams last night were accordingly vivid.
The internet however is often absent, but I’ll do my best to keep you updated.
We’re going to do our first dive here tomorrow. Some elements of the architecture here might also be interesting for some Tatooine reference.
And who knows…I might dig up the fossil of a Spinosaurus egypticus. One can dream, eh?

Tamer:
I have always wanted to see the pyramids. Great stuff. That diving seems fun.

Darth More:
I took this picture of Coraya Bay on our way out. The airport is right next to the hotel compound and used to be military. Some Scheich bought it and hotels were built as a result around the bay.
It all belongs to the Marsa Alam region although the actual city is about 68 km south.

The Hotel

Starchaser:
What an incredible trip you have had. Great memories, to be sure. Safe journey home.

Tamer:
Looks gorgeous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version