Author Topic: AAYLA SECURA: RESURRECTION - Chapter I, Part I of II  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
AAYLA SECURA: RESURRECTION - Chapter I, Part I of II
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:33:27 AM »
A day early!

Any and all forms of commentary and feedback are most welcome and appreciated! 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: AAYLA SECURA: RESURRECTION - Chapter I, Part I of II
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:00:31 AM »
Fantastic. I had always hoped some of the Jedi that were terminated had survived. This is great. Daggone now I am gonna have to wait for the next chapter.

Thanks again for sharing this with us. Update on the front page.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:50:17 AM »
Lance,

To say I really enjoyed this is an understatement, the setting in a distant outpost is a great place to start, it creates lots excitement in the minds eye, and this piece of work took me back to the thoughts I had when I first saw the movies.

I love the premise of the story, and the main character is instantly likable, I love the way you portrayed the waking up sequence, and Bly's memory segment was inspired.

Finally when I was looking at the images showing the shooting scene I was thinking "how the hell did he do the CGI work on that?" I thought the backdrop was digital images taken from the movie or Clone Wars, when I realized it was a diorama I was amazed. All of the dio work here is just superb.

I hope I don't have to wait 6-years for the next installment.

Jules

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:04:38 AM »
wow that was awesome ! i heartily enjoyed it ,great story and visuals
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »
 0/

Wow! Sweet history with awesome pics. Congrats for the excellent work!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »
I hope my comments and compliments make sense, but this reminds me of the movie "The Legend of the Lone Ranger"  - check it out here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082648/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4 - that was released back in the 1980's.  The Rangers are ambushed and the main character is thought to be killed, but barely hangs on to life and is found by Tonto.  Anyway, if this doesn't make sense, I apologize. Just believe me when I say, that is a total compliment.

Well done! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 11:09:17 AM »
wwooooow excelente history  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
great reading!!! I like the fact that Aayla survived.. Nice photography as well, I specially like how you transition from Blys present to the past when he 1st meet Aayla. Looking forward to the next chapter..   

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »
A great new epic to add to the collection of graphic fiction here on the ISY!

I was impressed by all facets of this piece. The premise, the story, the characterisation (intriguing insights into characters like Bly, who previously have appeared to have little depth to them in the official media) and those sets! Wow! Felucia looked astonishing. Can't wait for the next part, and hope this isn't your only foray into the graphic fiction world. Would love to see where you take this.

Amazing work, can't wait for part two.

- Kualan

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »
Wow.  Thanks everyone for the very warm and thoughtful comments!

You guys have a really terrific community here.  I've been lurking for a little while now and have seen some absolutely incredible work being done here in the various customs/diorama/graphic fiction sections.  I'll be sure to join the conversations there, too.  Amazing stuff.

Thanks again for sharing this with us. Update on the front page.

WOW!  Thank you for the incredible honor!

And just to reiterate, I did NOT make any of the dioramas here.  (Well, technically, I "made" the cave diorama, as simple as that was).

The awesome Felucia diorama was created by a rebelscum forum member named JediJep, who was nice enough to shoot that scene for me.  It is one of the best dios I've ever seen!

And the imperial base dioramas were created by the unparalleled master, Owen Driscoll, who is now sadly retired from the custom diorama business.  Glad I was able to get some pieces from him before he closed up shop.

great reading!!! I like the fact that Aayla survived.. Nice photography as well, I specially like how you transition from Blys present to the past when he 1st meet Aayla. Looking forward to the next chapter..   

Thanks!  The flashback is one of my favorite segments.

the characterisation (intriguing insights into characters like Bly, who previously have appeared to have little depth to them in the official media)

Thank you.  I think the Clone Wars cartoon (sometimes, at least) does a good job in making the clones into interesting characters (episodes like "Rookies"), but I was interested in trying to see how those characters would function outside of the environment of a war.  And the relationship between Bly and Aayla - former comrades-in-arms now on the opposite side of a conflict - feels like one that is rife with dramatic potential. 

Thanks to EVERYONE who took time to read and comment.  The amazing feedback from all of you is a delight and makes it all worthwhile!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
This Was BEYOND AWESOME! Loved every part of the story! Amazing Job!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 08:11:28 AM »
Lance, this is a very interesting idea that Aayla survived, love it. I also think Mace survived but that is another story. Great choices all around and I too love the remote outpost setting. Loving the behind the scenes interaction between the troops and the rivalry between Aayla and Bly. Very interesting story for sure. I'll have to admit, I was distracted by the beauty of Owens dioramas from the first glimpse. What works of art, I didn't realize you had those! I pray you will be starting a collection thread and give us full reveals on anything you have from him. Sorry I got a bit off track but I am currently working on a Death Star project. LOL As Jules said you have really set the stage and I can't wait to see part 2!

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 04:35:12 PM »
This Was BEYOND AWESOME! Loved every part of the story! Amazing Job!

Thanks!!  :)

Lance, this is a very interesting idea that Aayla survived, love it. I also think Mace survived but that is another story. Great choices all around and I too love the remote outpost setting. Loving the behind the scenes interaction between the troops and the rivalry between Aayla and Bly. Very interesting story for sure. I'll have to admit, I was distracted by the beauty of Owens dioramas from the first glimpse. What works of art, I didn't realize you had those! I pray you will be starting a collection thread and give us full reveals on anything you have from him. Sorry I got a bit off track but I am currently working on a Death Star project. LOL As Jules said you have really set the stage and I can't wait to see part 2!

Thanks very much, Spry!  I was very lucky to get some of Owen's creations in my hands before he shuttered his business.  Still wish he had had the time to make me a Star Destroyer bridge (like Chewie's)....alas.  Will try to get some pics out there.

Best of luck with your Death Star, can't wait to see it!!

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
Lance,

I've already made some comments at YF, but I wanted to mention a couple of things.

1. I love the cave/lair! The mix of accessories works really well - except maybe the foamcore/pillow piece. It kind of sticks out from the rest of the pieces.

2. The picture of the clone knocking over the table is just brilliant. The coins and cards flying off the table were done really well.

3. Also, the clone kicking the other clone in the face is spot on. You actually get the motion of his leg swining backwards in the one pic and then BAM! right across the kisser! Great stuff.

Jason

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 12:36:55 AM »
Lance,

I've already made some comments at YF, but I wanted to mention a couple of things.

1. I love the cave/lair! The mix of accessories works really well - except maybe the foamcore/pillow piece. It kind of sticks out from the rest of the pieces.

Oh my god.  That is truly horrible!  Heh.  I took and edited those pictures nearly six years ago.  I literally just didn't "see" that until you pointed it out to me.  Just awful!  Obviously, you were never supposed to see that.  I can't believe I didn't crop those pics a bit better or use a better prop.  Now I can't help but look at those.  :)

2. The picture of the clone knocking over the table is just brilliant. The coins and cards flying off the table were done really well.

Thanks!  Another part of the episode that was shot and edited so long ago that, to me, it's almost like seeing the pictures for the first time.  I am impressed with myself that I put in as many photoshopped elements into that picture (the coins flying around).  I really like that whole sequence.

3. Also, the clone kicking the other clone in the face is spot on. You actually get the motion of his leg swining backwards in the one pic and then BAM! right across the kisser! Great stuff.

Jason

Thanks again.  As I said, I like that scene a bit.  But my favorite bit is the clone on the bunk bed in the background.  A detail I completely forgot I had done, but you can track his reaction to the growing fight in the various panels.  At first, he's just lying and relaxing, but he actually "reacts" quickly to the growing fracas and is able to jump speedily into the fray once the ass-kicking begins.  Heh.

Thanks for your comments!!!

:D