Author Topic: Need HELP from Graphic Fiction Fans!!  (Read 2371 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Need HELP from Graphic Fiction Fans!!
« on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:08 AM »
Hey I'm calling upon all Graphic Fiction fans for some HELP!!

Over at Yakface there is a user named Grimace who has put together this really clever series called "Karoke Cantina." It is comparible to "Yak Pub." He basically has various action figures singing karoke, but there's always an inside joke to the song they sing. For example he has Carbonite Han Solo singing, "Ice, Ice, Baby" or he has Jabba the Hutt singing "Living in a Gangsta's Paradise."

IMHO this series is hilarious! It's a simple little set using the Hasbro cardboard cantina and a few props with figures that pertain to each song singing and listening in the audience.

OK here's where I need your help...

The guy's main source of feedback is from ME! I think this series is just too good to simply have one person posting feedback. Justin has chimed in from time to time, but I would love it if some members here who also have accounts at Yakface would just take a minute or two and check it out and leave the guy some feedback. I think you'll see that Grimace is pretty clever - for a human that is.

I've suggested to him to also start a thread here, but it looks like he hasn't taken me up on that yet.

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Need HELP from Graphic Fiction Fans!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
Yepper, have him start up a thread here. I am sure he would get great feedback from the folks here if he did. The issue is most folks simply don't have the time to hit multiple sites or forums. Anyhew, let him know he would be more than welcome.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »
Heck, I struggle to check in HERE as infrequently as I do!  Sounds like a great series, too.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »
Speaking as a guy who hops around the boards of various fandoms I have to echo the sedements above.  I think I once worked it out that for every 150 views I get from the boards I get one comment (that was over two years ago I figured that out).  Some people just don't have the time, or are afraid to speak up. 

I had seen the thread on Yak but hadn't responded myself (I actually haven't had time to look at it to be honest), will do my best to rectify that situation.

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
I saw it.... Tell him i said it really cracked me up! AWESOME series! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »
As someone who spends ages and ages on my own Photonovel only to get a handful of comments I know how it feels... Unfortunately this hobby is a labour of love with very little reward... It is unfortunate that the novelist you are talking about has only had minimal feedback...I will certainly remedy the situation shortly...

Thanks for flagging this up, it is good to know there is someone out there looking out for us!

J

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »
I'm lazy and/or time-deprived ... can you post a link to the karaoke Cantina?

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
As someone who spends ages and ages on my own Photonovel only to get a handful of comments I know how it feels... Unfortunately this hobby is a labour of love with very little reward...

Very true. As disheartening as it can be sometimes to not have your work out there as much as you might like, it is the love of storytelling and the work of putting it altogether that will always be the driving motivation behind this sort of thing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 05:40:25 AM »
Like I have said before, doing the minimal graphic work that I do for the site, I think I can understand a little bit of the trials and tribulations your fine photo-novelists take in your creations. I think these stories are every bit as important a work and as creative a work as any custom figure, diorama, or vehicle I have seen. Then, minus the image work, there is the story that you folks have to take the time to create, and then in most cases all of the regular custom work in regards to said figures, vehicles, and dioramas.

Then, you have the artists that use 2D and 3D technology to simply create their characters, like Kualan, who somehow make the characters and even some of the customs they have seen here. I am just awestruck.

I thank you guys for sharing them with us. Ultimately one of my goals, even though we have our forum threads where they are all posted is to create a graphic fiction button off the main page and then create sections for eah of the ones here with a toc to go to the individual chapters. If I can ever find any time to do it as a small thanks for sharing this with us.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »
:like:

We need a thumbs-up icon...

(yeah, tis a little big...)