Author Topic: Resin Cannons  (Read 1466 times)

Offline TIEpilot

• Ensign
Resin Cannons
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
I was wondering if anybody has made Resin molds of the missile firing cannon attachment that has come with the latest AT-ST's.
I realize the missile firing effect can't be duplicated so that is not a big deal.

I am not worried about them being able to tilt, but would like the peg in a neutral position.
Now looking at it again, any of the weaponry on the AT-ST's would work for what I am envisioning..

If some one knows who I could contact about getting these that would be awesome.

If not no biggie....

thanks in advance

Greg

TIEpilot

Offline TIEpilot

• Ensign
Re: Resin Cannons
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »
Anybody??????

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:31 AM »
best guys to talk to are Clone Head    or Doc Outlands
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »
I don't have an ATST of any release, sorry.  If you can take me some good, clear, crisp pics of the cannon parts you want molded, I'll be able to tell you if I think I can pull it off.

Offline TIEpilot

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
Thanks, I will see if I can get any pics together

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
If needed I think I have an extra cannon laying around to use to cast off of

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 06:18:01 AM »
TIEpilot.

I see that you are new here, so welcome to the site.

that being said...  there are other sections of this forum where casting, trading, and selling of items is handled.  This is a section for people to post finished products of their customs.

I suggest that you do some digging on your own, in those sections, and find out who has what available already. 

I personally don't think anyone has tried casting the guns for any of the at-st vehicles.  I believe the only vehicle weapons that anyone here has actually cast are the firing missiles from the LAAT gunship (and that was done by clonehead, again, this is listed in his thread in the sales section of the forum).

Personally, my suggestion would be to look through e-bay for any partial walkers that people may be selling on the cheap.  Or to look for that particular part itself.  I know alot of people tossed or traded the larger missile firing chin-gun because it was not as screen accurate.   

The thing about making resin molds is that it's expensive.  Making a mold of that large a part would take a large amount of material.  It would be much more cost effective to just try and find the part from an existing walker that someone doesn't want.   Again, you can make that request in the sales, trades, wants/needs sections of the forums.
I would also suggest you find a reference picture to show exactly what your wanting it, and give a better explanation of what your going to do with it.  everyone here is very willing to offer ideas and solutions to problems... someone might think of something you havn't.

good luck

Offline TIEpilot

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
Thanks for the info, I will look into that forum page.

Sorry for throwing this out in the wron one...

TIEpilot

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:47 AM »
It's not a problem, we'll move it to the appropriate location.  Sometimes, it's hard to find your way around when you're new!