Author Topic: Lightsabers  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Lightsabers
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:53:02 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has any good tips on making lightsabers. I want to make more green lightsabers, because I have a million blue ones. I was trying to find some clear acrylic/plastic rods that are about the same size as the normal lightsabers, but am having trouble. Anyone have any good tips, good ideas, or secrets they would like to share with me?

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: Lightsabers
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »
hey mate . im also a jedi fan and i know what troubles you
1. if you want count dooku ish lightsabers get a model kit and cut off edges to make a ¬ but with the right side curved
2. use some of the rods witch hold model kit parts i.e straight version add silver paint as a hilt and paint the blade
3. go on ebay and get some fodder for jedi and ofcourse theyll be sabers
4. get a normal lightsaber get some putty make the the thing you want changed on the hilt get resin do it up and then youll get a solid resin version
5. paint the blades green on your blues
cut and glue diffrent hilts
. theirs my help

Offline ars30

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
Try This I Posted It A few Years Ago.

I Have Been Reading In The Past Where People Were Looking For Saber Blades or They Were Painting Solid Tubes With Glass Paint. Anyway I Found These At A Hobby Store One Weekend When I Was Out Of Town And I Wanted To Share This Information With Everybody Here. I Personally Use These Rods To Make my Own Sabers and Repair Factory Made Sabers. The Only difference That I Know Of Is The Blue Replacement Rod And Green Rod Do Not Match Hasbro's. But I Don't Think That's a Bad Thing Because It Gives You Different Hues Of Blue And Green. They Also come In Red And Yellow. Included At The end Of This Is A Comparison Picture With A Hasbro Saber Next To The Replacement Rod Of The Same Color. On The Far Right Side Is The Yellow Rod And A Saber I Made From A Static Hilt With Yellow.
I Found These From Plastruct:
These Are 3/32(2.4mm) and are a Perfect Replacement for LightSaber Blades.
Part # FARY-3H Yellow
FARG-3H Green
FARB-3H Blue
FARR-3H Red
The Part # Listed Above Are For 10" Lengths (Packed 8 to The Bag) Plastruct Also Has Them In 20" Lengths. (Packed 4 to the Bag)

http://www.plastruct.com/Home.html

Allen

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »
those look sweet !

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »
Thanks for the help.