Author Topic: Vader's Quest meets Yak's Pub **WHAT??!!**  (Read 1333 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Vader's Quest meets Yak's Pub **WHAT??!!**
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:40:46 AM »
Literally....

Ok, so it's not the latest, greatest "cross-over" of photonovels [may have to talk to Justin about a Vader's Quest/Rykrof cross-over though]. Scott aka Niktom was kind enough to invite me to a local gathering of the "Star Brigade" a local chapter of the 501st Legion! It was great to get to meet Scott in person, and to meet other "Star Wars freaks" (as my brother use to call me when I was a kid).

Scott is the guy on the left wearing the 501st hat. Of course that makes me the guy on the right who seems to be follically challenged.

Niktom & jlw515 giving the thumbs up!! Scott had these cool posters he was signing from Yak's Pub of a Stormtrooper giving the heimlich manuever. Funny stuff!!

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vader's Quest meets Yak's Pub **WHAT??!!**
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »
Awesome meeting. That would be an epic photonovel if you ever did team up.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
Oh how I wish I was there too!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:24:00 AM »
Very cool, sorry I missed this for a while. Meeting fellow fans is the best part of our hobby.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »
Very cool, sorry I missed this for a while. Meeting fellow fans is the best part of our hobby.

Yeah, I think so too. In all the years I've been a member of fansite forums, I've only met two collectors from Arkansas. Well, not counting Kevin from K & C Collectibles, but he's more of a vendor.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 08:16:09 AM »
Oh how I wish I was there too!

Jules, that would be awesome!! I'm gonna take you up one of these days on looking you up on Skype (gotta get a web camera)!!

Not sure you would have liked "Larry's Pizza" though. Not sure how popular pizza is in the UK. I know a guy that went to Europe on vacation and he said pizza in Italy was NOTHING like the way we fix it here in the States. "Larry's Pizza" fixes everything from "Cheeseburger Pizza" to "Buffalo Chicken Pizza" to "Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pizza."

Jason