Author Topic: Echo_Six's customs  (Read 38068 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Echo_Six's customs
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2022, 06:24:49 AM »
Gela is great.

Off to share your update on the front pages.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2022, 08:29:35 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks for the front page Tamer.   :) 

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2022, 06:57:37 PM »
These updates use Evergrey headsculpts obtained from the late, great, Stan the Man and painted by the Shipyard's own Charles of Darth Sinister Creations.

Stan - It was a privilege to play a small part in a few of your outstanding customs.  Thanks again for your generosity in sharing these sculpts.  See you around.
Charles - Thanks for the beautiful casting and paintwork.  Two things I couldn't handle if my life depended on it.  Highest recommendations for your work. 

First is Swilla Corey.

She's a comic pack Camie with soft goods from a TLC Padawan Obi Wan for sitting ability.

Next is Yerka Mig.

In addition to the new headsculpt, I added a better pair of hands.  It was easier said than done, though... The base arms are from the TAC Yavin Luke and I couldn't find a good pair of hands that fit the sockets.  TBS and TVC Yavin Luke pegs were too small.   Ended up cutting and sanding the pegs from a KOTCS Russian soldier and supergluing them into a set of hands from a TVC Yavin Luke. 

Surprisingly, the electrical tape sleeve stripes are still holding out fine.  Here's the original:

Rycar Ryjerd also got a new head.

I'd like to find aged hands that are a better match for his headsculpt... Maybe Palpatine could donate if they're not ridiculously large.  Always on the lookout for a better vest, too.

Those ears, tho...

The original:

Gailid's cranial upgrade:

The original:

I went back to formula for Jabba's Mercenary Pilot.  The original version was a dyed AT-ST pilot with accessories from a G.I. Joe Cobra paratrooper.  It was a decent placeholder, but I really don't care for the AT-ST base figure because of the weirdly angled lower legs.

This version is based on an Imperial Scanning Technician, with upper arms from TBS Vizam and lower arms from a TVC Bespin Han.  I don't remember the source for the hands - I planned to use the hands from TBS Brock Starsher but he doesn't have an independent trigger finger.  The hands I used were cast in gray and painted gloss black.  Could probably figure it out, but ain't nobody got time for dat.

Once again, I used Hi-Tech "Cappuccino" vinyl dye for the base color, with a Vallejo "Flat Earth" wash.  I cut and sanded the holster from the Tech's belt, then superglued two pouches from Marauder Gun Runners on the sides.  He should have more pouches on the back, but the ones I have are too wide.  Would've filled the entire belt. 

The bandoleer was made from two overlapping pieces of leather lace, with a couple of trimmed ammo clips and a small pouch from Marauder Gun Runners, and a large pouch cut from a KOTCS Russian soldier's belt. 

I sprayed the assembled belt and the bandoleer with Hi-Tech "Brown" vinyl dye.  Touched up the ammo with Testors "Steel," then gave the pouches a Testors "Leather" drybrushing.  Also painted the buckle with Testor's "Flat Black."  Once the bandoleer was assembled and in place, I soaked it in hot water to form to the torso's contours.  A palace blaster and a vibro axe from the fodder bin complete the ensemble.

Here's the first version:

I still have to post a couple of cantina ladies that Charles painted for me, but I'm still dialing them in.  Also have another handful of headsculpts to be painted.  I'll wait until after the holidays for those.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 07:09:03 PM by Echo_Six »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2022, 06:08:58 AM »
Wow, just a ton of great work. I post these with a sigh knowing folks like you are keeping Stan alive. Of course we know how good DS is too. Thanks for the images. Just all are great work.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2022, 12:57:10 PM »
Thanks for the front page, Tamer.  Stan was a great guy - The stuff he put out in collaboration with Chris and Evergrey was amazing.  Absolute top-tier customs.

I did most of the figures in this update long before I started posting on the Shipyards.  Here's the link to my RS customs thread if anyone wants to find details about the parts/colors/materials used.

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/a-few-simple-customs.1103201/

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »
Really great update. Nice shout out to D.S. and what a great way to honor Stan's memory. I particularly like how the pilot turned out.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2022, 02:03:37 PM »
Very cool! I think my favorite of the lot is the female head sculpt. These are really well done. 🔥🔥🔥
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2023, 09:37:52 PM »
Quick and easy - Lightly Dremeled a Bespin Lando head to fit an X-wing Luke's neck barbell.  I painted the neck with the same mix as the previous Lando customs.  Kept Lando's DH17 and Luke's helmet.  The helmet fits, but it's not easy to remove.

It would've been cool to put the head on an A- or B-wing pilot, but I don't have any of those in the bin.  Bought the Luke for headswapping purposes, so that worked out well.

Thanks for looking! 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2023, 03:57:33 AM »
Man, I would buy that on a vintage cardback. Nice!

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2023, 08:11:29 PM »
Thanks, Tamer.  After this mod I'm almost out of ideas for Bespin Lando headswaps.   ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2023, 05:54:07 PM »
That's actually a great concept. I really like how that turned out.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2023, 07:50:04 AM »
In the last few weeks I bought an extra Klatooinian raider for parts.  Then Hasbro announced Velken and Taym were on the way.  Since I didn't have to continue hoarding parts to try and make customs of them, I got motivated to boil-and-pop some piratey-types.  I tried to avoid permanently altering much stuff, in case I figure out a way to re-purpose them for actual OT customs down the road...  Still got some deep-background cantina and palace types to do.

The first batch contains the Klatooinian parts.  I was on the verge of slicing his helmet for a Velken custom, but haven't found another use for it yet.  Everything was strictly boil-and-pop for this batch, with a few bits from Marauder Gun Runners added, mainly because I didn't feel like painting necks.  I think I added a spacer under the Devaronian's lower tunic piece to tighten the waist joint but don't remember for certain.  I had toyed with the idea of making the Devaronian an Aqualish, and overlooked Ponda's furred hands.  They've been fixed.

Next is a batch of Niktos.

Ex-Giran uses a trimmed lower tunic (not visible) from a LC Emperor figure on top of his sheepskin soft goods.  Finding a piece that fit well between the upper and lower halves was the hardest part.  I initially re-painted his Vizam hands to match the head, but the paint scratched off too easily - Decided to give him "gloves" by spray-dying his hands brown.  Middle guy is a TVC Fi-Ek Sirch gone bad.  His gunbelt is a trimmed Vizam lower tunic.  The heavy gunner is a civilian clothes Jango Fett torso with TAC torture rack Han lower arms (chosen because they were the only forearms I found that would work with Jango's upper arms - Requires a really short, rather fat peg), another Vizam lower tunic, and Jabba's palace Lando lower body.  He was the most extensive re-work in this batch, with a complete joint prep and vinyl dye treatment.  Also dirtied up the blaster from a five-POA Baze.  Wrapped his wrist pegs with teflon tape for a tighter fit.

More miscellaneous cretins.

Got lots of mileage out of clearance Vizams.  They'd been my planned base for Velken and Taym, and I'd also used a few of them for other stuff.  The lower tunics are especially useful.  The first Aqualish uses the head from a Gentle Giant bust.  Had originally used it years ago on a Ponda Baba upgrade until I went with the POTJ head.  Naboobaba has a spacer under his tunic.  The trandoshan needed more detailed work than most.  I shortened his neckpost by drilling a hole through the post into the body, cut the head, trimmed the neck, then re-attached the head using a screw and the pre-drilled hole.  His arms are from a hard-torso Jedi (think it was a ROTS-era Obi Wan), so I sanded the flat shoulder disks into tapered pegs so they could be inserted.  Sometime in the past I'd already shortened the forearms and superglued wrist pegs - No idea why, but must've been related to the early states of my Gauron Nas Tal custom.

Group shot:

Thanks for looking!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2023, 12:17:09 PM »
That is a pile o' pirates! Great bunch for a crew, now they just need Hondo :) I really like how the heavy gunner turned out, that's a greeat use of the Baze gun. Where'd you get clearance Vizams? Never saw those in my neck of the woods.

Offline Echo_Six

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
The Black Series Vizam peg warmed hard around here back in the day.  Scooped up a handful for around $5 each. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2023, 01:24:33 PM »
The Black Series Vizam peg warmed hard around here back in the day.  Scooped up a handful for around $5 each.

Lucky you!