Author Topic: RAREST STAR WARS FIGURE U OWN!  (Read 12613 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: RAREST STAR WARS FIGURE U OWN!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:36 PM »
I would have to say Scorch was the hardest figure ever to find. I searched for a year and finally I seen some figures on the top shelf at Wal-Mart. I'm 6'-6'' tall so that helped. He was behind the 2nd guy I reached for. So that was a relief. He is much cherished.
Also the Jorge Sucul in X-Wing costume. I was in a pawn shop one day and happened to look over and there was a whole display case of figures. And there was the Celebration exclusive for...get this....$2.99. They had a bunch of other hard to find stuff and over a course of 2 weeks I went back there and bought all that I needed from some poor guys pawned collection. I talked to the guy who worked there and that is what happened. Some guy was down on his luck and pawned it all and lost it. I eventually told the guy who worked there exactly how much some of those guys were worth. So Scorch and Jorge Sucul are my 2 prize possessions.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
i dont think is rare but i love so much is my galactic hunt scorch then lava reflection vader

Yeah, that lava vader from target was a beast to get after the fact and I was introduced to ebay scalping by buying one of these. Geesh, but I had to have it.
Is your galactic hunt scorch moc because that is one of the rarest figures in the star wars universe other than misprints or prototypes.

I have that scorch as well. I actually got lucky with getting it. A friend of mine, picked me up a scorch down in fla, and sent it too me.

I saw what it was and didn't open it. I found a regular scorch on card at a local store, and opened that one.

But rarest, I'm not sure, perhaps its my 12 inch Luke Skywalker on Taun Taun, the bloody variant or my big head Han Solo.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »
got a scramble at yavin bp which i saw is going for $100+ on ebay.  but i would have to say my moc vintage chewie

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 05:07:50 PM »
I  bought 7 of the GH Scorch fig and opened 5 of them... since i had gotten so many of them, they didnt seem rare to me.
I have bought more of them loose and MOC on ebay for less than the original ones I bought...
I thought my rarest or hardest to get figure was the Stormtrooper Commander fig available for purchase at the release of the Force Unleashed video game... I think from Gamestop... then i got more of them. Now they are free gifts when you order a certain dollar amount of swag from starwarsshop.com...
I am afraid I have no real old stuff any more which comes quickly to mind.
Pre-cyborg grievous... GH one pose Boba Fett... and a few crappy original releases of bounty hunters like 4LOM and Bossk and IG-88...
or 12 inch Han and Chewie in Endor gear...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:30:44 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »
Hey John, good to see you around!

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
I don't think i have anything rare in my collection, mainly coz it all ROTS and AOTC and all the latest figures. I did find it hard to get my Fambaa though, so i would consider that kinda rare. And my Oppo Rancisis figure took ages to find on eBay, so i think thats rare. Are they rare guys?

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »
I am pretty sure the Fambaa was an excusive to Fao Schwartz, that's why I don't have one, but I can't remember. So, yeah that would be considered rare in my book.
Oppo Rancis isn't rare. He was only released in the Jedi Council pack. But when those came out, they weren't hard to find at all.
 What I consider rare would be exclusives and as I said above, Scorch which I had to look everywhere for. Rare would probably really mean some of those Ewok cartoon figures that were only released in South America or something and are going for thousands of dollars. I think everyone has their own definition of  rare.
Personally, I am proud of the fact that I have only bought one thing in my entire collection from E-Bay. And that was Oola and Salacious Crumb which I never sent off for. I hate scalpers who go around buying up all the good stuff and then quadrupling the price online.

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2010, 07:09:42 PM »
Personally, I am proud of the fact that I have only bought one thing in my entire collection from E-Bay. And that was Oola and Salacious Crumb which I never sent off for. I hate scalpers who go around buying up all the good stuff and then quadrupling the price online.

If you live in the US you're quite lucky with pricing. eBay is soo much cheaper to buy from than retail stores here in Aus. I buy everything from eBay!! Believe it or not, but when the Turbo Tanks first came out here in Aus, they were $300, and even at that price they sold very quickly. Then they were reduced to $180, thats when i got 2 of mine. But just saying, if it wasn't for those scalpers, i don't think i would have anywhere near the collection i have now.

Oh, and in response to rarity, i completely agree. Everyone has their own perception of what is rare or not. I even consider the Republic Fighter Tank from the clone wars rare, as i have only ever seen 2 of them at retail stores here in Adelaide.

BTW: Great topic to whoever started it!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

droidbait

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 12:39:34 AM »
i see what u mean everyone has a different point of view when it comes  to picking their rarest figure

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
mine is probably my moc dulok cheiftain that was a great gift for i found it in a charity shop wow wat a deal 2 quid very nice

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 02:58:11 PM »
My autographed collection of figs  (18) ..they are rare to me..... ;)

droidbait

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 03:47:12 PM »
they sound extremely rare

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »
hopefully i will be able to obtain more this year yes......

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 02:50:18 PM »
OH MINE IS TIE INTERCEPTER

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »
My most prized possession is my Action Fleet collection. I made the mistake of selling them a few years ago, I won't make that mistake again. The rarest items I own are the TIE Defender and E-Wing. Both go for $80+ on ebay.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles