Author Topic: SharkyRivethead's Custom Cross Mods  (Read 2492 times)

Offline SharkyRivethead

• Cadet
SharkyRivethead's Custom Cross Mods
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »
My posting here is gonna be limited for the moment. It seems that every forum uses a different system for it's forum users. But I'm also a little retarded and just need to learn this stuff. (actually, haven't done much forum talk since the days of RFOM and KZ2)....anyhoot!

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-finished-projects/362494-custom-rt-cross-mod.html#post4380843

That was the original posting I did on HissTank. I also posted in RebelScum.....but not much going on over there. This is my first ever custom, modded piece of work. Heck, I haven't touched model paint or built anything model related in over 25 years. I do like to draw, do tattoo work and would like to think that those talents lent a hand in this job. I guess being a tweeker and the ability to make use of anything for something else helps.

I'm now officially working on the AT-TP which is the support unit for the AT-RT here. Once done, I intend on doing the entire AT-Walker line (AT-ST, AT-TE, AT-AT) Plus, in the end, I'm gonna design a AT-AS...All-Terrain-Armor-Suit. (or ES Exoskeleton Suit)  Hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:51:14 AM by SharkyRivethead »

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: SharkyRivethead's Custom Cross Mods
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:18 PM »
Amazing. I love post-apocalyptic stuff.

Offline SharkyRivethead

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
Amazing. I love post-apocalyptic stuff.

Thank you. That is what I was looking to do. The later project will show more "on the spot repair" and other make shift modifications that would reflect the world, and their limited resources they have.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
Very cool. I like it. I am a bit of an AT-AT Aficionado myself. I look forward to seeing your other AT-AT Projects.

And welcome to ISY. I am off to get this on the front page and our Facebook Page.

Offline SharkyRivethead

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 07:33:36 PM »
Wow, just saw that up on FB. Thank you. That was pretty cool.

I'm really excited about the last one, when I get to it. The AT-AT...bum bumm bummmmmmmm!  I figure with 3 other walkers before I get to it. That experience should help me, with all the experience that will be put to the test.

Here is the vision. Same post apocalyptic color and style as the AT-RT I did. Now imagine crossing this AT-AT (The third gen, the biggest one) with the GI Joe RollingThunder and the USS Enterprise.  I will use the large missle bay and system from the RollingThunder and use it in the same manner inside the AT-AT. Having it go into the vert launch mode from the AT-AT's back. I want to mount the turret on top and use the Enterprise's short range defenses all around. It will be quite the venture.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 03:19:59 AM »
Love that support at rt! Welcome aboard!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
Great job !!! look forward to seeing more welcome to the yards !!

Offline SharkyRivethead

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »
Love that support at rt! Welcome aboard!

Actually, this AT-RT's roll falls more into the Solo Recon category. The AT-TP I'm doing will be the support for the RT. in every respect. Fire support, ammo, fuel, food and other supplies.  I'm taking the 3rd middle leg, mounting it out from the back/right side up and putting a 20mm turret (LAV style) that will be able to rotate. Then I'm putting a 40mm grenade launcher underneath as a belly gun.

I want to make the body rotate on the legs....and that where I'm kinda stuck for the moment.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
That is amazing! For your first custom you're already better than most. Hope to see more customs in the future.