Author Topic: Juan's Custom Vehicles - Corellian YT-1290 Series Transport  (Read 12152 times)

Offline juanmartinezcustoms

• Cadet
Hello all.  I have a bunch of custom ships to share.  One of my favorite ones I've made was very simple and I call it a Corellian YT-1290 Transport.  I took one of the new Falcons and didn't attach the front pieces to it.  Instead, I took the 2 pieces apart to get the strip of edging along the outside, cut it to size of the space for the 2 pieces and just glued them into place

Next is an Ugly made from a left over X wing and Arc 170, WIP

This is a custom painted V wing I got off ebay for 7 bucks awhile back.

This is one I waited almost 1 year to work on and finish.  Its a xwing in the style of a tie defender

Another WIP.  I am looking for a good cockpit for the front to get started on it.

Don't know if I will do a repaint or go all out on this one.  Kinda reminds me of Kyle Katan's ship.

The last two are an Imperial Type landing craft WIP.  I've been working on since I got the parts back in 2005.  FInally got started on it again.  Needs engines and paint job.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Juan's Custom Vehicles - Corellian YT-1290 Series Transport
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »
Juan, welcome!

What an amazing first post, I absolutely love the Corellian Transport! The Imperial Shuttle/transport is just perfect! What have you used for the wings?

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
Juan, welcome!

What an amazing first post, I absolutely love the Corellian Transport! The Imperial Shuttle/transport is just perfect! What have you used for the wings?

Thanks.   T-16 Skyhopper wings.  I need to find some engines for it, maybe something similar to a republic gunship.  I've been holding back on my customs for a long while.  Tons of Star Trek and Star wars stuff.  I need to post up some figures soon.  I've seen your great work hangerbay94.  I've been watching your customs for about a year I think now.  I really digged that new one you made from the destro vehicle.  I look forward to making my own.

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this one.....while I like the ship, it pains me that you destroyed a BMF to make it....

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this one.....while I like the ship, it pains me that you destroyed a BMF to make it....

I know how you feel.  I felt bad myself, but would it make you feel any better if I told you I bought it for $63 bucks on clearance?

Spookymufu

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »
I know how you feel.  I felt bad myself, but would it make you feel any better if I told you I bought it for $63 bucks on clearance?

no because I paid $90 for mine.......LOL

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
Juan, welcome!

Thanks.   T-16 Skyhopper wings.  I need to find some engines for it, maybe something similar to a republic gunship.  I've been holding back on my customs for a long while.  Tons of Star Trek and Star wars stuff.  I need to post up some figures soon.  I've seen your great work hangerbay94.  I've been watching your customs for about a year I think now.  I really digged that new one you made from the destro vehicle.  I look forward to making my own.

I goota make myself one of those, it would make a perfect companion for my Endor Platform!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
loved that YT1290  but unfortunatly the BMF  was a rarity over here and after about year disappeared completely never to be seen again ,the AT-TE went the same way :-\ :(
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 04:40:38 PM »
Juan, welcome!

I goota make myself one of those, it would make a perfect companion for my Endor Platform!

I made it for a companion for my other unaltered BMF.  I have always liked having a different ship without a story.  I always pretended the Falcon was the Corellian Star from Rebel assault 2.
loved that YT1290  but unfortunatly the BMF  was a rarity over here and after about year disappeared completely never to be seen again ,the AT-TE went the same way :-\ :(

I've looked into getting me another one off ebay that was opened but complete.  Still around $100 for one used.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
only  two on UK ebay  one in USA one in Hong Kong both are $250+   :(  (and thats without the shipping)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Spookymufu

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
walmart online has em for $169, no idea what it would be shipped to the UK.....As I understand it, Hasbro is going to be re-releasing it again for around $150 ish

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »
Wow great ships! I too like the Corellian Transport and the Imperial Landing Craft, but all are nice. Welcome to the Yards and this entry is now on our front page.

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 07:48:24 AM »
Wow great ships! I too like the Corellian Transport and the Imperial Landing Craft, but all are nice. Welcome to the Yards and this entry is now on our front page.

Thanks glad you liked them and thanks for making me front page lol.

• Cadet
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
I still need some ideas for a cockpit for this baby.  I'm open for suggestions.  I'm trying to stay away from anything that looks like the original shuttle cockpit.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w218/k_dog007/Star%20Wars/DSC02088.jpg

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
Don't get into the Vehicles forum much, but had to comment when I saw this on the FP:

The YT freighter you put together from that "old BMF" is really awesome!  I love that ship: its shape, certainly similar enough to the Falcon, but unique in its own right.  Love it, love it, love it! 

For the shuttle compartment, you could try somehow incorporating the V-19 Torrent cockpit...I've always liked that ship and its shape seems like, with some "special modifications", it would fit the shape of the shuttle compartment quite well.  Of course, there's only one seat in that cockpit too...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!