Author Topic: Jedi Minstrel (Custom ARC 170 w/pics!)  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
Re: Separartist Commando Boarcat
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 10:14:25 AM »
OOOOO! Nice!

-Jack
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel (X-Wing 1/11/11)
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 06:34:45 AM »
Here's my first paint app on an official SW vehicle.  It's actually my second vehicle custom ever.  This is practice for the ARC 170 I want to paint.  The X-Wing came out better in some aspects with a few things I have to consider for when I do that ARC 170.  I would like to use black on the ARC but there's some nose art I want to apply.  I don't know if it would come out best on the black or a dark gray.  Let me know what I think both on the X-Wing and the idea of Black vs. Gray.  Also, I'm not quite done with the X-Wing.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:57 AM »
More X-Wing.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:19 AM »
As far as the basic look so far I like it. But I would suggest thinking about the vehicle mission before painting it. At first I am thinking a stealth ship but then it has the orange markings. I know you are not finished but wanted to point out the parts that are the original color need to be painted black as well. The colors are applied nice an even so you are off to a great start.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
Yes, I love the concept. The choice of colours is perfect, I just used a similar colour on my speeder), and the actual stripe design is excellent also, it transforms the X-Wing into a hot rod...
I agree with Spry, the whole ship should be black or a greyish black. If you have an air brush I'd have an undercoat of black with a dark grey black sprayed lightly over the top. Minimal weathering is perfect for this ship.

With regards to it's purpose, I think this ship is part of an elite unit involved in the Yuuzhan Vong conflict. Name something like  "Revenge" Squadron.... These X-Wings must have some form of secret weapon, either Cloaking shields or advanced Electronic Countermeasures.... I'm sure that Insignia Man (Viper Aviator) can give some guidance here...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Sweet, I like the colors!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
woow looks nice!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
Wow, your striping looks sharp! Is that the black or dark grey?
  an insignia and perhaps some really light weathering on this one would put it over the top.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 06:42:42 PM »
it looks great jm
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »
On the front page.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 09:06:26 AM »
From here, the paint-apps are *GREAT*!  And just to jump on the bandwagon, I happen to like the color combo.  I might use a red of some shade as a tertiary accent color in places (trailing s-foil edges, wingtip cannon details, engine housing details?), but that is entirely my own opinion.  Can't wait to see the X-wing and ARC finished off and paired up!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »
Sweet ship. I like the paint scheme.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »
awesome ship colors go together perfect!!!!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
Yes, I love the concept. The choice of colours is perfect, I just used a similar colour on my speeder), and the actual stripe design is excellent also, it transforms the X-Wing into a hot rod...
I agree with Spry, the whole ship should be black or a greyish black. If you have an air brush I'd have an undercoat of black with a dark grey black sprayed lightly over the top. Minimal weathering is perfect for this ship.

With regards to it's purpose, I think this ship is part of an elite unit involved in the Yuuzhan Vong conflict. Name something like  "Revenge" Squadron.... These X-Wings must have some form of secret weapon, either Cloaking shields or advanced Electronic Countermeasures.... I'm sure that Insignia Man (Viper Aviator) can give some guidance here...

Yes, the hot rod look is what I'm going for.  I wish I could do flames.  Ah well.  Also, I was thinking about an elite squad thing.  When I get a chance to work on it again, I will see about more detail to the engines and such.  I don't have an air brush but I may finish off the rest of the spray paint I was using for the back.  I will check with VA sometime for ideas.  Thanks.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »
Wow, your striping looks sharp! Is that the black or dark grey?
  an insignia and perhaps some really light weathering on this one would put it over the top.

Thank you.  It's black.  I'm still new and am not sure about applying decals and such.  The weathering will be on a free weekend...sometime during this new decade.  Haha.