Author Topic: spudafett's vehicles (last update: mando speeder video!!!)  (Read 84305 times)

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
Re: spudafett's custom vehicles
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 07:29:57 AM »
That would be awesome. I so want to start adding LEDs to my work soon :\
However, bottled lightning and I never work well together!

I had to mount a ceiling fan this last spring and the entire time I thought I was going to go "toaster oven" knowing that my SW stuff would go to my wife... This allowed me to take extra precautions to protect myself.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
Man, it's been forever since I've been on this site... I need to stop my slacking... Okay, I'll comment on the stuff I haven't already commented on in the order that I see them!
- AT-PT: sweet, I freaking love those things, and yours actually looks dead on! You just need to paint one in imperial gray, then It shall be grand!
- Boba Fett speeder: Kinda weird looking, especially with those droideka arms on there, haha. I still think Durge's swoop bike fits boba's style perfectly.
As for boba with spider legs, that totally makes me think of Invader Zim! Where did you even get those legs from?
- Shadow AT-AT: bad ass, love those toe claws!
- Jedi Starfighter racer: also awesome, great paint job, sweet little wing things on the cockpit and the out-too-far heat diffusers. Definitely best without the droid though, which would make sense that it wouldn't need one being a repulsorlift vehicle that doesn't do hyperspace jumps anymore... though I suppose if they made custom droids that were good at GPS navigation of the race track, that would come in handy.
- Two seater y-wing: definitely how I always thought Y-wings were supposed to be, with the separate rotating canon and being a bomber, pilot and gunner always made sense. They are sitting a little uncomfortably close without that cockpit closed though, aren't they? Lol
And as for that magnaguard fighter, well, that just makes me sad.    ;D

Awesome stuff you've got in here! Glad to see it all!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 11:30:53 PM »
xv, I think you missed the point with the "race-ship"

the races in which the ship would be flown in would be in space, making quick light speed jumps in the least ammount of parsecs would be part of the race.

The way I pictured it would be that the ships would have to race a circuit that not only tested the ship's speed but also the pilot's creativity and awareness.  The pilot would have to defend himself against other racers as weopons would be allowed.  Thus the reason the ship still has laser cannons.  The pilot and ship's navigational prowess is also tested and having a good astromech droid always helps in that area...

I had a big write up about how the races were held, who ran them, who bet on them, and what type of events and challenges were in each circuit....

I guess I should write up a short story based on the concept and put it in the fan-fic section...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 11:35:51 PM »
the Imperial commando stealth speeder:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 11:36:37 PM »
I'm rebuilding my Fighter Tank...

heres a WIP to wet your all's appetites

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 05:56:23 AM »
Nice turret on the tank, Devin. What paint scheme are you going to go with? The one on the tank or something different?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
This looks like it has a lot of firepower!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
That Imperial Commando Shadow Speeder is pretty sweet looking!  That Tank looks like it'll have some pretty sweet upgrades as well!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »
Looking good man!! I love the shadow speeder bike.. Can we see some close up pics out in the sun?

Tank is looking massive as well. I pity the droid army that thinks they could escape this baby!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »
I'll try and get better pics of the commando.  I think I'm going to work on touching up the paint job tonight.

the tank will have an urban camo scheme this time around, the same as I did the three animated clones in (I think)...

although I'm very open to suggestions guys!  I'd like to hear what you guys think it should be painted as...  I definately don't want the crappy camo that is on it to stay! lol.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
Man I love that Imperial Commando I need to get that figure. It looks like you have made him SA with your Joe pelvis and upper leg swap, nice pose. Great job repainting the speeder bike to match, a red LED would be awesome on that bike. As for your tank in progress, I love the way you have up gunned it. As far as a paint scheme just try one you have not done yet, the urban camo idea sounds pretty cool.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2009, 08:36:52 PM »
by your command spry, tomorrow's project is adding an LED light, complete with step by step instructions.   ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
ok, more WIP pics of the tank

I'm calling this version of the tank the
Heavy Artillary Hover Tank

HA-HT
phanetically "hawt" or "hot"

Obviously I wanted this tank to be a menacing sight, briming with weopons.  I'm done adding weoponry to the tank and now just have to figure out a paint scheme and add a few more greeblies.

well, is it too much? or just enough?  please tell me if I need to change anything before I go and paint this sucker!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
ok let me be honest..

I really like the extra weapons and the idea of a new paint scheme looks like a good idea. Not that I don't like the current one, but I think the pattern is too small for the size and scale of the vehicle and it is so "camo" that you actually lose some of the detail.

I think a larger scale urban scheme would look nice.  Finally at this point I don't know if I'm in love with the extra large turret on top. I like the extra weapons, but I'm not sure that the GAR would outfit a vehicle of this nature with that type of turret. It wouldn't allow for very good visibility or range of fire. It would allow for a very large boom, but maybe cost the GAR more to produce than needed. However, if the goal is a "specialized" role for which no other vehicle can fit into then yes, you'd want to create a very unique piece of equipment.

That's just me, I try to look at usability and destructive firepower at the same time.

Keep up the great work though!! What ever you choose to do will look cool.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »
GAR?   I'm not familiar with that term.

I also don't understand how the larger turret gives it a limited range... do you mean limited mobility and deployment range, or limit firepower range?

I'm thinking of this vehicle as a specialized high speed high powered cannon on wheels.. well... repulsors...
It is called in to quickly destroy enemy shields, blow through entrenchments and other barriers and then get out of the way. 

I also figure that the vehicle's cockpits would be nearly enclosed anyway and have an array of sensors and equipment to allow the pilot/gunners the ability to target from the protection of the inside of the vehicle.

have you ever looked at a modern day tank?  they have almost NO open windows or viewports, everything is done with camera's and such to protect the soldiers inside. 

btw the main cannon on top does swivel 360 degrees as well as can be tilted up to a steeper angle.