Author Topic: Look what's for sale on Ebay  (Read 41014 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Look what's for sale on Ebay
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 05:10:33 AM »
Is this what we want?

Another one? I asked the seller to send me a better picture of the cannon so we can be sure.

Looks like what we want, but is up in 5 days

a vintage playset that looks trashed, but the gun might be ok

This one is a pretty nice playset

I am gonna try to load up a few here and hope you can view them Clint and select one or two you think we should focus on. I want that gun!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:37:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 10:48:47 AM »
Tamer!! Good job finding all of those auctions. Looks like everyone is ditching there vintage SW stuff. That will keep prices lower for us.
  I seen what that one you were bidding on got up to, last night. Ouch! That's a little high IMO. Sometimes a single needed part will go for more than a lot containing the same part. That just shows how narrow some peoples views are.
Remember, there is still this one auction,here where the seller says that the tabs in the swivel part of the gun are broke. I am assuming this means the up and down action of the gun and that worries me a bit. Otherwise, that auction would be fine. I am curious about the round protrusion sticking up from the floor that the chair mount sits and spins on. It could be fabricated easily enough but it might be nice to have that floor just to salvage that part to intigrate into our walker's flat-bed gundeck. That being said, let's look at your list.

The red auction will work as it's gun barrel is broken where I was to fab a different barrel, anyway plus it comes with the floor and another chair mount. It's not a complete set so It might go for a decent price. I would think that this auction would be our third one of interest depending on If you want me to have that floor.

The purple auction would work as the gun barrel is broken in the same place but it doesnt come with the floor.

The yellow auction would work as it has a complete gun, floor , and another chair mount. this one is pretty enough that it will go for a high price.

The orange auction has the parts that we need, gun,floor, and another chair, but is an incomplete set, so it might go for cheaper. This is the one I want you to concentrate on.

The blue one is far too pretty to mess with and will go for higher than the rest of them. It does have all of the parts we need.

Im thinking that you should concentrate on the orange one and the purple one with red coming in third.  They will go for the cheapest and If you get the purple, we can scratchbuild a peg for that chair mount to snap into and spin upon. If you get the orange, or want to splurge a bit more on the red,we won't have to worry about it.

We will get that gun, buddy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:52:50 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
Here's an auction for a CW bomb squad clone that seems to be fairly popular with the ebayers.

Here is a Waxer figure auction from the same seller.
Here is a skinny CW Gree from the same seller.

And here's an interesting skinny CW Neyo from a different seller with a modded helmet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »
Ok, I will focus on that orange auction and follow the others from there to see if we can get what we need.

Those customs are pretty nice if you like the skinny figs. The Gree look very realistic and that Neyo comes with some neat accesories too. I have to admit though that I am very partial to your "realistic style" Clones rather than these anime versions.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
Ok, I will focus on that orange auction and follow the others from there to see if we can get what we need.

Those customs are pretty nice if you like the skinny figs. The Gree look very realistic and that Neyo comes with some neat accesories too. I have to admit though that I am very partial to your "realistic style" Clones rather than these anime versions.
Rodger that on the orange auction.
I hear you, buddy. I may have to try me a Legacy style CW Neyo, though.
  I have a skinny trooper left over from my ATTE purchase. Perhaps I will paint him up and call him Ebay fodder.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 06:32:01 AM »
Anyone need a Miniatures Walker. I didn't get mine this cheap!

Great Ebay deal on a Miniatures Walker

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »

Wow! that's about $12 cheaper than I got mine for.
  I'm surprised that no one has hopped on this one yet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »

I am not sure but he has sold 5 0r 7 of em and has the same number left. This is a good lesson in waiting a bit after something comes out to find it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »

he must have got a bulk rate on a case of em, or something.
  You still keep tabs on the 3 3/4 walkers, I would imagine?

I am not sure but he has sold 5 0r 7 of em and has the same number left. This is a good lesson in waiting a bit after something comes out to find it.
he must have got a bulk rate on a case of em, or something.
  You still keep tabs on the 3 3/4 walkers, I would imagine?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
Oh yes, some of these are really starting to get reasonalbe. There are tons of em out there now. Some are still way too high, but some might just come home!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
Are you guys talking in code?  What is with all the color references.  I need a manual to try and figure out what you guys are up to.  LOL

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 04:24:40 PM »
Are you guys talking in code?  What is with all the color references.  I need a manual to try and figure out what you guys are up to.  LOL
Oh, Shawn and I are looking for a vintage Death Star gun for a hair brained project and the color coded links were a way that he and I could converse easier about which ebay auctions we were interested in, all of which, focused around the same set of items.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »
That red one didn't go for too high. I wonder what his shipping fee was.

I just read in the orange auction that the gun does not stay up as in the up and down pivot point is broke.
It's possibly fixable but makes it no better than this one
which ends in 17 hrs. If that one doesnt get any bids, that would be $20 shipped with some extra fodder to sell off.

You can hold out for a complete working gun, if you want to. The pivot point problem seems pretty common.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 05:00:44 AM »
Good point, if it doesn't get any bids I will pounce on it today Clint. You think you can fix the pivot issue? I guess if nothing else you could make it permanent in the up position, but it would be nice to pivot it up and down.

I also haven't even seen a playset where the gun was pivoted up. It seems that finding one that works might be paramount to insanity.

The shipping price was 22 dollars so it went for about 50 dollars. The gun in it is sloping down too. I guess I could have asked him if it would pivot up. I will go take a look to see if there are any working guns with good pivot points, but I am guessing those are one in a million.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:52:53 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »