Author Topic: Look what's for sale on Ebay  (Read 41015 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Look what's for sale on Ebay
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
I seen this movie prop Death Star Trooper helmet on ebay, today. A little pricey especially if you include his shipping price. I thought that ebay had mandated a policy to regulate the shipping price that sellers list on their items.

here is the auction

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Look what's for sale on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
If that Hoth Dio from SSC that weighs 80 lbs only cost $35 to ship via UPS Ground, there's no way this helmet costs more than double that.  What a joke.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »
Here's a seat mount for that gun from the Death Star playset that I was talking about. A little pricey at $8.99 with shipping. If it came with the gun, I might consider it.
death star gunner chair auction

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
Cool deal. I am gonna look for a complete seat and gun and send you a walker Clint! Just an awesome idea! Maybe I can find two, you gotta have a walker too ole boy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »
Cool deal. I am gonna look for a complete seat and gun and send you a walker Clint! Just an awesome idea! Maybe I can find two, you gotta have a walker too ole boy.
That's sweet of you to think so, Tamer. I know that your the man who could find this stuff.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
Here is an auction that may have those Death Star gun parts that we need. After seeing this price, I understand why Tamer asked if they could be casted. I have asked the seller if the parts come with the auction since no pic is shown.
death star partsthere is a Make an Offer option to this auction.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »
I got my response back from this seller. It's the floor only. No gun or chair mount included.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 09:35:36 PM »
Poking around a bit, I found this Death Star Gunauction that ends in less than 7 days.

I also found thisGun Chair Mountauction in an ebay store which I am going to buy now as it's only $6 shipped, and will get us one step closer to calling this project started.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:03:05 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »
That gun sure doesn't seem to be on the high end at the moment. I will watch this too Clint, and get it if it isn't highway robbery. Cool deal on the chair base you already have. I will get one of my vintage walkers broken down and ready to ship.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 05:56:52 PM »
That gun sure doesn't seem to be on the high end at the moment. I will watch this too Clint, and get it if it isn't highway robbery. Cool deal on the chair base you already have. I will get one of my vintage walkers broken down and ready to ship.
I can't believe that you would part with one of your walkers, even temporarily. ;D
  We should be able to get the gun for a decent price. I asked the chair seller if he had one but he replied, "not right now"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »
3 bids so far on the gun auction. It might fetch a large price, we will see. You watching, Shawn?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »
3 bids so far on the gun auction. It might fetch a large price, we will see. You watching, Shawn?

just looked at it as a matter of fact. So far it isn't unreachable I think. I will get this if its close to reasonable thats for sure.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 07:26:50 AM »

just looked at it as a matter of fact. So far it isn't unreachable I think. I will get this if its close to reasonable thats for sure.
Here is another auction with a lot of 18 pcs that includes the gun but describes it as broken. Looking at the pic, it appears that one of the pointy gun barrels that I had intended to replace, anyway is broken off. We could think about this one as it comes with another chair mount, also.
death star parts lot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
looks like it has about 5 days, I doubt this one will go for very high based on the pic quality so this one is probably viable too if you don't mind the broken gun.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
looks like it has about 5 days, I doubt this one will go for very high based on the pic quality so this one is probably viable too if you don't mind the broken gun.
I think we can work with it. Part of the right gun is better than no gun at all.
UPDATE: I took a closer look at that pic. It appears that the gun is intact except for the barrel which is fine. I cant see its mouning  point but we could fab that if needed. I notice that there are two chair mounts in this auction. I wish it had two guns.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:10:08 PM by Clonehead »