Author Topic: DarthSinister's Customs  (Read 61889 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthSinister's Customs
« Reply #315 on: October 25, 2019, 10:14:03 PM »
Absolutely amazing. You have done such a great job with the details on this figure. You should be really proud! Thanks for showing the process and for inspiring us with your work.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
The sculpting on your latest figure is absolutely amazing.
Excellent work

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
What's up peeps! I made another Mandalorian using my skull Mando head. Used a Rick Flagg body again, but totally changed the sculpting and paint decor. This is a Mandalorian Jedi Hunter. He has a working holster and sheath, custom short stock disintegration rifle and Mando vibro blade. He has a cloth goods shoulder cape tied into some trophy straps holding some unfortunate Jedi's lightsabers. Removable custom jetpack.  I'm posting some WIP pics first and then the finished product. I'll be putting him up on eBay in a few days.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2020, 10:41:02 PM »
This guy turned out really awesome! I love the special touches, like the Nexu head on the shoulder pauldron. Great job making this figure versatile with the working holster and sheath.. I really like that helmet design! It add variety, but totally fits the Mando feel. Brilliant paint job as usual

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2020, 06:49:26 AM »
This guy just looks tough. Fantastic!

Off to the front pages.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »
Very cool!

Great use of a shelf warmer fig!

Did you sculpt his vambraces as well? Its very well done!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2020, 08:52:03 PM »
Thanks everybody. I appreiciate the love! Tamer, I'd like some of those turkey nuggets please!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »
LOL. Yeah, those turkey nuggets were good. I still have another batch I froze so I will do some more. You should come by when I do and bring all those nice customs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:57:17 AM by Tamer »

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »
Detail, design and creativity is supreme. The Little touches of excellence make this a Mando a must have. The old-school inspired red tip rocket, takes me back.
An outstanding piece for the May the 4th be with you.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2020, 08:10:04 PM »
Holy sculpted mandos Batman, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Great pics of great detail. That backpack is inspiring.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2020, 10:42:03 PM »
That is quite extensive sculpting work, and your mixed media & accessories complete him nicely. The red rocket is a clever touch. Well done! :)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2020, 11:36:36 PM »
Awesome looking figure mate and everything from the colour scheme to the armour to the equipment all combine perfectly together.

Ron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »
Thank you everyone!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2020, 10:57:22 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been working on a big personal project and it's taken me a while to complete. This was a labor of love for me and I happy to be done with it so I can move on. Everyone knows my love for the old Marvel Comics, especially the earliest EU stories that came out between ANH and ESB. Several years ago I completed the entire Star Hoppers in 3-3/4" figures and it was my goal to do the same in 6" Black Series. Well the day has come to reveal the team. There will be a lot of photos to pour over, but I'm proud of the work and hope some of you enjoy it.

This story line from Marvel Comics in 1978 spans issues #7-10. Some of the first EU ever published. The story was loosely based on "The Magnificent Seven"

Issue #8 cover art shows the entire group of Star Hoppers. I used the comics for reference and took a lot of creative liberties to bring these characters up-to-date.

Group shot of the completed figures.

Very slight kit bashing on Han Solo and Chewbacca.

Jaxxon and Amaiza. I've been drawing and customizing Jaxxon since 1978. The cigar is my own thing for him I've been doing for a long time. I see Jax as the quick witted smart mouth who's idea of fun is a bar fight and should not be under estimated with a blaster. Kind of the Rocket Raccoon of the Star Wars universe.  Amaiza is a design based on her comic appearance. I've changed a few things about her including the flower she prominently wears in her hair. I've taken the liberty of making it a pet. This creature is a poisonous Snip Skrill and a homage to the Demogorgon from Stranger Things.

Jimm 'The Starkiller Kid" Doshun was a wanna be gunslinger. His character was modeled after Chico from "The Magnificent Seven". His Droid FE-9Q "Effie" was a tractor droid designed for farm work. The droid was modified by Jimm with mechanics programing, light protocol modules and fighting/battle chips. The droid has a WED implement cluster on his rear chassis with six different tool arms.

Don-Wan Kihotay, not to be confused with Don Quixote (no Wan), claimed to be a Jedi Knight but was written off as a senile old man with good intentions. He wore silver armor that I suspect was Clone armor plated with Beskar and wielded a yellow bladed Lightsaber that I suspect was a hint to his past. I believe this man was a Jedi Temple Guard during the Clone Wars. Don-Wan was probably in his late 80's and age had taken it's toll. His name Don-Wan alludes to the possibility that he fared from the same place of origin as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Hedji was one of the Star Hoppers best and most competent fighters. The quiet, stoic alien was a Spiner and one of the last of his kind... much like Zeb. His anatomy was a dangerous weapon. His body was covered in thick, sharp spines that could be propelled at a high speed very accurately with deadly results. The thick spines also acted as an armor and could repel blaster fire to some extent. Hedji spent some time with Don-Wan and was truly convinced he was a Jedi.