Author Topic: Andor  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Andor
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2022, 02:51:45 AM »
It seems to me they are trying to set this up for a really long haul. I will admit I am having a hard time being patient for the Mandalorian. Eh, at least its new Star Wars. It sure does make it easy for me to pass on the figures though. I just don't feel as involved.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »
I feel the same. Having watched to the 7th episode, I would completely forget that this is related to Star Wars, without the occasional Imperial insignia or Mon Mothma returning her purchases.
I like the overall theme of the show and Andor is well played, but the rest doesn't feel like Lucas' Galaxy far, far away. Cannot wait for more Mando in action. Maybe with less looking after a 50 year old involved.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 01:38:16 AM by Darth More »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »
You hit the nail on the head DM. As enjoyable as this show has been it's definitely not the same caliber
as Lucas' Galaxy Far Far Away.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2022, 11:40:37 AM »
I have to say that I'm disappointed with Andor. Its really drags and just feels "broody." For me, Star Wars has always been an entertaining escape. I don't mind tension and some suspense, but when the build up is so slow and the suspense feels like the primary tone, that doesn't register as fun for me. Plus...virtually no aliens? I'll finish the show, but only 'cause I'm this far in and probably won't bother with season two. Both Obi-Wan and BOBF felt more like "my" Star Wars - by which I actually mean, how I felt watching the original movies as a kid. In truth, that's why I watch Star Wars - that sort of dime store action adventure with some "wow" factor. I'm, personally, not interested in "updating" the feel of Star Wars or making feel more "mature." This is why some of - though only some of - the Star Wars Visions offerings were very enjoyable for me. Just my opinion, but also not worth arguing about, it is entertainment after all.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:06:01 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2022, 03:14:08 PM »
I like Andor. It's different. Mandalorian is a fun show, with lightsabers, shootouts with mandalorians and mandalorians fighting eachother. TBOBF (Mando Season 2.5), Had Boba fett riding a Rancor, it's fun but Andor is good story telling. I care about the characters even the bad guys. There aren't any filler episodes, no wasted dialog. Everything is building up to the climax of the story arch. I don't think every show should be like Andor, but that's what I like about having such diverse content, there's something for everyone. Personally I find memberberries offensive. They think they can replace good story telling with nostalgia. A little bit is fine but Mandalorian was just overloaded nostalgia for me. People say Andor is slow, and yeah it is, but to me Mandalorian is slow. A lot of action and nostalgia, but the story didn't really progress much. We spent a whole season and part of TBOBF getting baby yoda to the jedi and when he gets there he's like meh I don't want to be a jedi, so we're back where we started. I was actually looking forward to not seeing baby yoda anymore so we can skip the cute crap and get on with the story. But the cute crap, laser fights is the story, and that's great, but it's nice to have a change of pace with Andor.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2022, 03:23:26 AM »
Hey JDeck good to see you back around. And you make some valid points.

I like how, at the end of the day, everyone feels like they can express their own opinions and don't walk over others. I guess for me, the best example I can kind of find for something else I love is Lord of the Rings. Man, the Hobbitt and the Fellowship of the Ring I just couldn't put down, but the Silmarillion I just had a hard time getting through. I guess when it comes down to it I don't want to think too hard or worry about politics or agendas or any of the other junk directors and folks sometimes try to put into shows or movies. Part of me rues the day Lucas ever sold this and allowed others to continue his stories. Man, wouldn't it be cool to see his thoughts and opinions about each of these new movies and tv series.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2022, 04:59:08 AM »
George Lucas was pretty political. The battle of Endor was said to mirror the Vietnam War, which I kind of see it but it's not really the same. ROTS was hugely political. The whole movie was just one big jab at president Bush. Bush, in regards to Afghanistan said something like if you're not with us you're against us. Anakin/vader said almost the same thing. Evidently Newt gunray was supposed to be the former Republican speaker Newt Gingrich.
I heard the Andor writers had Trump in mind when writing, but honestly you can apply it to anyone. Personally I'm sick of politics in general. I don't even watch the news, I really don't care anymore, and my life is much better for it. It's always the same mess, your guy is a tyrant then when my guy gets in and does the same stuff you say he's a tyrant. How bout they all suck.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2022, 07:05:12 AM »
How bout they all suck.

Now there is one statement I can support. Geesh what a mess. I don't want to talk this talk into different arenas as those generally don't end well, but folks are allowed to love Andor. I am just kinda on the its ok stage of the date so far.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2022, 08:44:36 AM »
It's teacher learning/training/development/all day meetings day today at the high school.
So I took advantage of the "learning" day to finally be able to educate myself with the last
episode of this series.

Is there a bigger way to say YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN!!
Man this show has become an insomniacs dream. Slow, lethargic, sluggish, stagnant, and tortiselike.
If your still tired after a 15 hour power nap just watch the last 3-4 episodes. Snooze city here we come.

I actually had high hopes for Andor in the beginning but it's turning into a even more soppy, boring prison
version of the kardashians.

The only reedeming part was the tribute to The Empire Strikes Back Princess Leia torture scene when Bix is being tortured.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2022, 07:00:27 AM »
I will admit I am behind again. I just find better stuff to watch with my time.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2022, 06:43:16 PM »
Thank God the prison arc is over with. It added absolutely nothing to the Star Wars Universe.
The only thing that was missing was a scene with one of the prisoners in his cell with Bubba.
Hopefully we will now get back to what Star Wars is and always has been about. ACTION AGAINST THE EMPIRE!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2022, 03:52:34 AM »
Maybe I will skip that arc then.

The sad thing is this show will probably be the one that continues to get renewed while the Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett goes on hiatus.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2022, 08:40:40 AM »
Can anyone explain to me the relevance of the prison episodes and how they relate not only to the Andor series
but also to StarWars, the greatest SciFi adventure of all time?

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »
New "Andor" Lego set just announced!
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/