Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 18314 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 06:56:34 PM »
So this show is good, but it's rewriting a bunch of stuff. Like Caleb Dune (Kanan Jarrus) and his Master's Order 66 death. There was a whole conic dedicated to that they just overwrote.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Styles
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kanan_2

This show raises a lot of questions and doesn't provide a lot of answers. Which is something I take issue with just like The Mandalorian. It's not a bad show as I pointed out but I feel like a lot of this was rushed with very little done in terms of quality control to continuity. That degrades the product in the long run. Which is sad, because this show made me bond more with the Bad Batch. Especially Hunter and Wrecker. It was good seeing both of them fleshed out more. It was also great to see Cut again in episode 2. He is a very unique clone character who chose his own path.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:59:09 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 02:30:57 AM »
I watched a YouTube video this morning on how Bad Batch has changed the "canon" of the Clones and why they weren't in service to the Empire. I found myself believing the new it costs too much to keep em going versus the get old too quick thing we had before. I don't think there is even such a thing as canon anymore now that Disney has this thing. I think even the new writers they have don't know enough about the history of Star Wars to be able to write things were know is supposed to happen in the timelines we are used too.

That being said, I think the Mandalorian is nothing like this. I haven't seen much, if anything as I tried to peruse my old brain this morning, where they went against well established canon; once again if there is even such a thing.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 07:52:52 PM »
I think canon is overrated really. It's all made up as they go. The way I see it the only thing canon are the movies. Movies trump tv, tv trumps books, books trump comics, comics trump made for kids media.

I watch the Replacements, and like i said I'm more interrested in the "historical" aspects of the Republic slowly becoming the Empire. It was'nt this instantaneous event at the end of ROTS, where they're like hey were the evil empire now  it was a process. It wasn't until ANH 20 years later until they disbanded the senate.  Anyway it was interresting how the stormtrooper recruits were more hesitant to follow orders than they will be 20 years later.

Predictions. At some point they will remove Crosshairs chip turning him good or whatever. Omega seems to be more of a scientific or possibly medical in training, as oppised to being a warrior clone. Maybe she'll be important in that whole chip thing.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 07:55:08 PM by JDeck »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »
Watched episode 3
Seems a bit slow. Wrecker needs more action.
  Wouldn’t mind seeing the crew aiding another remaining Jedi or two, possibly defending against order 66 clones hunting the Jedi.
  I don’t mind the transition stuff, it’s nice to see the troops change occur and how.
  How many episodes will there be?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2021, 02:35:15 AM »
Yeah, I was kinda hoping that creature for Episode 3 would make it onto their crew to kind of give Omege a pet of some sort. You know we are gonna get an episode where they go after their brother and get his chip out.

I look for him to have an episode where he has survivors guilt too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 12:54:42 AM »
I noticed no one is talking about Bad Batch. Honestly at first I was skeptical, but I actually enjoy it. I found the basic premise is the same as Mandalorian. You have the bad batch who've become trators, just like mando going against the bounty guild, to save a mysterious child. I mean it's pretty similar.  I think in this genre, animation, though not ideal offers more. Sometimes I felt Mandalorian was really slow paced, and I though OMG lets get on with the GD story already, but so far with BB, i can just watch and enjoy. They have no idea where they're going, there's no real quest other than surviving. Omega could be someone of significance or not who cares? I do think she's kind of funny, and offers a good comic relief along side of wrecker, kind of an opposites attract relationship. But that kiwi accent it really thick, sometimes im like what did she say?  Otherwise im not bothered by her.
I don't know it's not super exciting, but I do enjoy it as I watch.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 02:14:34 AM »
That's true! And I was going to write down my thoughts here, but figured nobody needed my opinion. Last night I watched the 7th episode Battle Scars in English and German subs and did enjoy it.
These images of Corellia looked like concept art that was taken straight out of the book from Jedi: Fallen Order. Impressive imagery here and also reminded me of good ole The Force Unleashed...

Omega reminds me of a figure from The Settlers III videogame which is one of my favorites. So I like the character design and I agree with you on the similarities to The Mandalorian.
The previous episodes I found kinda meh, so I kept my mouth shut. Let's see how the series evolves...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:17:30 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 06:34:57 AM »
Now see I feel about this the way you feel about The Mandalorian JDeck. I feel like this whole thing is already scripted and I know exactly what is gonna happen, like watching a new episode of Three's Company (dating myself a bit here). It is nice to see how the Clones are adapting after the war. Heck, its new Star Wars I like it.

I hope we get to see more of our favorite characters from TCW and maybe even the OT a bit. It is nice to see there is usually at least one OT reference if not more in each episode. I wonder if Dave has had Favereau help with any of these?

I am glad they all got their chips out. I bet they go after sniper and get his chip out too. That will probably be a two episoder.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2021, 08:28:31 AM »
Yeah that's the thing about prequels, you know how it's ultimately going to end. Like Rogue One there were no big surprises, but it was enjoyable. Maybe that's why I like BB i can just watch it. I do like watching reruns though. Lol. Not so much three's company. I watch the retro tv channels, like Andy griffith, gomer pyle, munsters etc.  Some of them I've seen many times but I still keep watching. Pretty much with these cartoons especially cartoons, also mandalorian, you just have to watch the season premiere and finale and you're all caught up, everything else is filler.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2021, 04:23:59 PM »
I really enjoyed episode 1 and the last episode.
Everything in between is pablum and fluff.
I was expecting this highly engineered crew of clones to be a group of bad ass
warriors on a mission to free/save their brothers from becoming the Empires slave
force, eventual extinction and prove to the Republic that clones are a valuable
asset to the peace effort.
So far all they have proven is that they are a bunch of wimps that can't provide for themselves, whether they need food, fuel or intelligence. The exact opposite of their
reputation.
Plus, in my opinion, I don't see the need for the Omega character. She adds nothing
to the skills of the Bad Batch and needs to be rescued every episode.
She has turned them all into nothing more than wussie babysitters.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2021, 04:01:12 AM »
@DarthHawk: I agree 100%! And it's good to see you back here in the comment section  0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2021, 05:16:33 AM »
Darth Hawk, I find myself shaking my head yes after reading your comments. Omega is just a character so they can get into more trouble (like they really need it). And then she gets them into a problem and then they figure a way to get out of it, episode over.

I agree with your comments about them being exceptional, I kind of thought of these as an over the top Republic Commando Squad.

Maybe there will be some new storylines down the road. I feel like I am being a bit whiny now though. At least we have new SW we can watch.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 11:45:13 AM »
So how did the one Spec Ops Trooper not die when having a very high explosive shell thrown at her by Wrecker? That bad boy should have went off and exploded...violently. We've seen them explode at less. Haha.

But I enjoyed this show. Very curious about Captain Ballast (new Hasbro announcement). My theory is he is a clone who resisted Order 66. Only because he still wears (highly scratched) armor with teal trim. Pretty much all of the clones are back to flat white now post Empire. Their individuality has been eroded and replaced with the "faceless" empire look.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2021, 02:07:54 PM »
I will premise my comments by saying this. I do have hopes that The B.B. will evolve into more than what has been shown up to this point. The potential for this show to reach the high standards of Star Wars is still there but that little voice in the back of my head keeps saying-remember, we're talking about disney here. The folks that brought us Ruin Johnson and the last jedi.

This episode was better than the last few but there is still a long way to go to reach the levels set by Rebels and The Mandalorian.
A lot more action and a lot less omega was a change for the better but I was still left with a lot of questions.
Why didn't they think of that: being able to be tracked when they hacked into the comm system for example.
Why did they leave themselves so exposed? So much for their advanced training in concealment, deception and escape tactics.
Why not? Not only did they not have Plan A, in the event they needed to make a fast escape they also didn't have contingency plans B, C or D.
I could go on and on but I'll leave any further show anxieties to your imaginations.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »
Well i mean they're used to out smarting stupid battle droids, this time they were trying to outsmart their former comrade, who could anticipate their every move.  Like han said, good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that's something else.
I kept drifting in and out of sleep. Did they ever get that info from the bridge, so they could pay their bills?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:28:18 PM by JDeck »