Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 18312 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Star Wars The Bad Batch
« on: April 02, 2021, 09:01:52 AM »

Finally some new Star Wars on the horizon.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 07:02:25 AM »
Pleasantly optimistic for this.  ()rr
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 08:17:24 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:29:32 AM »
Yeah, me too. It will be nice to get some new Star Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 02:56:27 AM »
Well I watched the new series premier last night and it was good. I don't want to give to much away, but it was really interesting to see more light shed on Order 66 and the conditioning of the clones and I love seeing Kamino.

I think it was a great start and I can never get enough of seeing Tarkin. It will be interesting to see what trouble this squad gets into while on the run from the new Empire. Makes you wonder what OT main characters we will get to see along the way. I kind of feel we just a continuation of the Clone Wars Series which is nice. I am not sure if we need a spoiler area or not. Maybe we will just wait till a week from the release date and then spoil away?

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 09:03:16 AM »
I watched the first episode with a friend yesterday night and we were happily surprised to see that it was 75 minutes long! That was a nice treat to start with!

So here's my first impression after watching it once. NO SPOILERS AHEAD!

- my friend binge-watched the entire Clone Wars series and is thrilled about it. I myself only know a few episodes here and there. He told me I must watch all of it as well and he was also very tied into the 7th season emotionally.
- saw a post on Instagram where someone made a logo for The Bad Batch Clone Wars - Season 8 and I got to say it feels like The Clone Wars and that's a massive win in my book.
- it's impressive to see how much the textures have improved since Season 1 of The Clone Wars!

Beginning:
- the setting is chosen wisely, really like the green design for the Clone Commander there.
- pushing the three AATs sideways to get rid of them was a nice touch and an interesting idea if you think about repulsive drive a little more.
- was great to see the "Bad Batch" in action.
- my friend really enjoyed the hint at REBELS, the German voice actor sounded a little too old for the character for my taste though. Have to watch it again in English tonight.

What I didn't like:
- that the Padawan didn't yell and asked: "What's going on?!" or "Stop, what are you doing?" or something...I think the reaction during Order 66 would've been more realistic instead of these awkward situations. Just felt a little odd to me.

Progressing plot:
- turns out the characters are chosen wisely and the Bad Batch shows an interesting behavior because they're so different and makes the dynamic so out of balance sometimes. Each member has great attributes. Wrecker stands out the most, but I like all of them.
- as Tamer already said it's great to be back on Kamino. It gave me the chills to see Tarkin sit where Obi-Wan used to sit and how he sat there.
- some heavy Attack of the Clones flashbacks kicking in there, not only from the depicted scenes in particular.
- The red Commander looked nice as well! But it breaks my heart a bit how the Clones treat each other. They're probably all tired of the war.
- the parallel events are such a great element in this episode. It was great to see where The Batch was when Obi-Wan found Grievous in Revenge of the Sith.
- Darth Sidious speech in front of the Clones gave me the chills even though it was another direct element from RotS.
- the background elements and new characters (Kaminoans!) give SO MUCH new inspiration for future custom figures and vehicles! Love the transport vehicles in the Hangar for example. RC-1136 would nail this one as a custom I'm sure!
- honestly, the five guys feel a little odd as a Squad, but I'm sure that's exactly what it's supposed to feel like. The odd squad. I was surprised when one of them was addressed as "Trooper" and CT and not as RC or Republic Commando...
- I think the dark atmosphere within the First Galactic Empire is captured and executed brilliantly.
- it feels The Clone Wars has grown up so to say, it doesn't feel childish at times anymore and I wouldn't consider it a series for kids anymore. Some scenes in The Clone Wars were too violent for my taste to be considered for children.
- The entire crew of The Bad Batch heavily reminds me of The Expendables with Hunter being Sylvester Stallone and Wrecker being Gunnar Jensen for example...but that's just me.

Conclusion:

After my first view without having watched any other "reaction to" videos before, I can say: This series feels familiar, but also new and refreshing at the same time!
And I cannot wait to see the second episode this Friday! I'm thrilled to see how the plot and characters develop.

Any good content made by Di$ney is a treat for me and I'm thankful for it. Else I was done with Disney Star Wars...
Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:12:35 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 03:00:59 AM »
I agree with all of your sentiments Philipp.

I too really liked that Green CC in the beginning scene. I can't wait to see the action tonight.

What is everyone's opinion on how long since the episode airs that we post spoiler type stuff? I was thinking either a week or we just post a spoilers apply thread.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 05:29:53 AM »
Haven't seen the second Episode, yet. Guess I'll watch it with my brother when he comes home next week.

I say we don't need a separate "spoiler" thread. From now on I'll give my impression and recommendation to watch on an Episode and will then give a SPOILER WARNING before going into detail.

I think we'd be good if we all give a spoiler warning before. So that's just my vote here. What do you think?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 06:04:46 AM »
  I watched both episodes last night. Im into the imperial era, so I like the transition from Republic to the Empire, it's interresting.  I liked the Rebels connection in the beginning. But that kid's deep voice threw me off, it was a bit comical. I guess they did it so youd recognize him, but still lol. Kid sounded like barry White. I'm interested to see what that girl's clone super power is.
As far as spoilers go, i mean its a show that you can easily watch whenever, it's not like you have to go to the theatre. If you don't want to be spoiled watch it. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:06:51 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 06:35:20 AM »
JDeck I am in agreement. It would be silly to really start a new thread. I am just gonna assume that folks will know that this thread is fair game to talk about the episode and spoil away.

SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 06:41:53 AM »
So Episode 2 bugged me a bit (boy that didn't take long). It was a story about the family with a deserter CT getting away on a shuttle and spoofing the clones supporting the Empire.

Why didn't the gang just put the family on the shuttle with them and fly em where they wanted to go? I guess I can see why the would want fake IDs, but cmon. For a storyline that was pretty week. I was also kinda hoping it would be some of Karen Traviss' clones. Guess thats a crazy dream too.

Part of me wishes this was a Republic Commando Team too. I like the new squad, but miss that RC armor. Hope we see some of them in this new series. I know we got Gregor with David Filoni, but for some reason I don't think he likes em a lot. I kinda wonder if there is any unofficial stay away from Karen's characters that we don't know about? I agree it does feel like a continuation of the Clone Wars.

I know some folks feel like that are just way too many Clones and CCs, but I can't wait to see new ones. Surely Vader will pop in here once in awhile too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 06:45:18 AM »
JDeck I am in agreement. It would be silly to really start a new thread. I am just gonna assume that folks will know that this thread is fair game to talk about the episode and spoil away.

SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Exactly, and I'm happy for every single comment we see on here anyways! I was really surprised that the forum on Yakface is pretty much a ghost town as well when I searched through the threads on there last week. That was a surprise to be sure, but a good one. Well, kinda sad, but I guess people have moved to instagram (and facebook) because that's where the skin is I guess. But that's a different topic. Just wish there were more members active on here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 06:50:54 AM »
Gotta agree with you there that social media is eating up the forums, but hey I will always leave the light on here for folks who get tired of those Troll Nations.

Some folks just want to remain anonymous on the web, even here too, and thats ok, but want them to know we do value everyone's opinion and take on things.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2021, 08:25:32 AM »
I think the family guy opted not to ride with the Bad Batch because they were wanted. He's wanted too, but the bad batch rides high profile AF.

Yeah FB can have some idiots. I don't miss it. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »
Tamer: Troll Nations sounds precise to me to describe these places. And that's why I enjoy being here!

JDeck: Want to watch the world burn? Couldn't have said it better! That's why I call them the Antisocials. But didn't want to hijack this thread to talk about them any further.

So I spontaneously decided to watch the second Episode tonight. I think you're right on the father, JD.

First thing I noticed was the title. "Cut and run" was translated in German with "family reunion".
Very accurate for Disney.

I think this Episode has some interesting elements, but the oddities are predominant here.

SPOILERS AHEAD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is Omega?
Omeeega! What I didn't mention in my review on the first Episode is that my buddy and I were talking about who Omega could be. I said to him, well I think she is a female clone. He replied that's impossible. And I denied saying she's not a clone of Jango Fett, but of someone else. He agreed. Hadn't thought about another person being cloned by the Kaminoans.

good elements:
- it's great to see more of Seleucami. Didn't have any more reference than the short scene in Revenge of the Sith before. Does it appear in The Clone Wars series?
- to me it was interesting to see that Omega apparently had never left the sterile facility on Kamino before. And I think the creators of this episode did well at giving us an idea of how she reacts to a new environment. It was a surprisingly positive element to me to see her picking up the planet's soil right leaving the ship.
- great to see some familiar creatures like the Nexu
- was kind of poignant to see that Omega didn't learn what playing is on Kamino. But I'm sure she did learn how to catch an object in their physical training.
- really enjoy the graphics and quality of pictures in the show
- find it interesting to see how the Clones interact with civilians now under the flag of the Empire.
- this episode depicts a very recent topic: our privacy is endangered in times of the internet, smartphones, the t word and times of Pandemic. Think about all the changes made since 2001 alone. Cash is meant to be abolished, everyone should pay with card to make all our finances comprehensible. I think that part of our liberty already died.
- that's all for this episode folks!

oddities:
- Did I say the series didn't feel childish in the first Episode? I take it back. This episode felt like a show made for kids again.
- 30 minutes for a simple task: help the family to leave the planet. Sad to see them go into different directions.
- Seleucami looked a little strange compared to the setting in Revenge of the Sith.
- as if the Nexu was kept from crossing the line just by this pathetic fence of barbed-wire...laughable!
- so they wanted to get rid of Omega for the better, but she didn't want to leave them. Conclusion for this Episode: Omega decided to stay with The Bad Batch - although she didn't want to leave them in the first place! What a character development waste of screen time...
- if I imagine being at the airport with an obvious issue on the airfield, I don't think they would continue boarding as if nothing was wrong. Again, absolutely laughable...shook my head more than I wanted to in this episode...
- imagine you could just jump over the fence into a restricted area...gotcha!!
- the list goes on, but I'll leave it here for today.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:30:21 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 02:28:41 AM »
It will be good to find out who Omega is. I was hopeful at first it was an RC Squad.