Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 24128 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2019, 05:11:16 PM »

I cried. Well a little. Man tears I swear. I rewound and watched them come diving in six times. So awesome!

Uh, you had me at Mandalorian, but oh my (fill in your own expletive). The heavy hitter on the team.

THIS IS THE WAY!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 05:39:59 PM »
Frankly speaking, and anyone that has known me here for years knows in what regard I make the following comments, this has been the only thing that ranks with the OT since the OT. TESB has been my favorite, notice the semi past tense. This episode has been the best post anything since the original trilogy films.

I have liked David Filoni with what he has done, but today he has shown that he is and has always been one of us. Period. Jon too. Sign me up for anything Deborah Chow does too from this point on. I went and rewatched this three times while writing this. My little girl now wants to cosplay the Mando Armourer. Done.

I rank the footage of the fight scene that starts around 29.02 as the best film we have seen since ROTJ. Rogue One, which I really, really liked isn't even close to this in my opinion. I know we, as a fandom, have been less than impressed (outside of the awesome Clones) of anything post OT other than glimmers here and there of what our favorite verse can be. The current films have left a lot of us wanting more. This series is giving us what we have wanted for years. Hands down period. End. Set. Match. Whatever you want to call it. I might just be in the euphoria of this latest episode, but like I said, I have been around here for years and haven't been this excited for Star Wars since I was a kid and watched The Empire Strikes Back and saw that Walker roll across the screen.

Hats off to Disney, Lucasfilm, the director and producers I noted above. You had us hooked with the first two episodes, but this one has us all going APE. I find it poignant that SID was saying we were all going to go ape cause I started saying that well before I logged in here and saw those Mandos rocketing into action.

Can you imagine when we see Boba Fett show up? I mean the timeline is right for it. I can't even imagine where we go from here. And giving us a bit by bit explanation of Mando lore from each episode. Priceless.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:46:49 PM by Tamer »

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2019, 06:50:37 PM »
It just felt like THIS iconic image was pointing directly @ me... Only that it's FAVREAU in a Mando costume.

Please Just put your entire post on the front page. You have spoken for nearly the entire fandom. If you don't like THIS episode your NOT or have ever been a SW fan. It's that cut and dry.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »

I cried. Well a little. Man tears I swear. I rewound and watched them come diving in six times. So awesome!

Uh, you had me at Mandalorian, but oh my (fill in your own expletive). The heavy hitter on the team.

THIS IS THE WAY!

My nickname for THAT guy is: BIG DIESEL

I feel like its actually Favreau that even voiced him.

I want now more than anything for Favreau to bring back DINNER FOR FIVE only just make it all SW related people. It would be incredible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vLg30XV6Tw

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 12:36:06 AM »
I watched the first episode with no expectations, but after seeing the trailers I did actually have a little hope! And the hope was not disappointed! Now, reading you guys being so excited about both following episodes is all I need to know and maybe even more valuable than watching it myself.
I know the first episode and I really like what I saw (scrubbed back three times).
And hearing the positive echo accross the web is pure cure for the soul after all the misery of the Sequel Trilogy. Love Rogue One except for a few moments, SOLO made me shake my head a little too often, but now the hype is real! The air is on fire after the third episode and this is all I need to know and also all DISNEY and Lucasfilm should care about. Making the audience happy rather than pushing any agendas or ideals.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions gentlemen! I'm looking forward to what's to come! And I also think it's very plausible that Boba Fett returns to the set!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »

Heavy armor Mandalorian is from clan Vizla.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:01:06 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
LOVE IT!! Such a great series, and I'm not even a fan of Fett. This is the Star Wars I was waiting for. Cool main character, that has his own flaws and makes believable mistakes, an excellent story and script so far, and really good background characters in all episodes - Kuiil, Jawas, Herzog's Imperial character, IG-11, Carl Weather's character, the other Mandos and of course Baby Yoda (or baby of whatever species Yoda is LOL). Give me The Mandalorian instead of any Sequel they keep trying to make. I have spoken  O0
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 07:17:20 AM »
I am two days removed from watching this and am still psyched this is so good. Disney was smart enough to know what they had on their hands too and coupled the launch of their new channel with this series. It is gonna make em billions. I have a feeling even ole George is smiling ear to ear with this series.

I am gonna take that ape pic to the front page for the story today.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2019, 12:22:36 PM »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »
Well I knew this episode wouldn't be as good as last, but it did have an AT-ST with red eyes. I liked the episode. It was a good lay low feel, but I would be remiss if I didn't say I am looking forward to reuniting with the covert. That Heavy Mando was missed.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
Excellent callbacks to the Tattoine that we know and love. The Cantina from ANH - be it under droid management now! (Ironically). The fact Mando met that bounty Hunter sitting in the same cubby hole as Han/Greedo had been. I knew immediately from that point based on that cameo what would happen later in the episode. I couldn't tell who was at the end in the darkness, I'll have to rewatch it. The sniper scene was fantastic because it echoed a lot of the same flavor as The Hurt Locker sniper scene. 8/10 for this episode.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 09:13:42 AM »
RC-1136, I suppose you just watched S1E5? Sounds good!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 01:36:09 PM »
RC-1136, I suppose you just watched S1E5? Sounds good!

Yessir. I tune in every single morning!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2019, 07:31:38 AM »
I liked this latest episode too. Great to see Mos Eisley. I noticed the booth. I too wondered who was at the end. It was nice to see a space battle at the start too. Keep hoping we see more of that and some Imperial ships.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
Well we get to see a new episode of a prison breakout. It was pretty good. Man our Mando is one tough hombre. Loved seeing the X-Wings come in at the end. I keep wondering where the covert went. I want to get some more Mando Lore! I also liked the droid doing the piloting in this episode.