Author Topic: The Mandalorian: A Game Changer for the Cinematic Industry  (Read 13989 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
The Mandalorian: A Game Changer for the Cinematic Industry
« on: April 17, 2019, 02:30:26 AM »
Celebration Chicago must have been epic! The next one is going to take place in Anaheim, CA in 2022, again.

YouTube Channel "Behind Star Wars" shared a 12 minute footage of the presentation in Chicago. It shows the making of "The Mandorian" and a sneak preview with sequences of the first episodes of the new TV series.

SPOILERS APPLY

WARNING to all fans of Mr Salacious B Crumb and his fellows!

Double-click for full screen view. This is definitely worth watching!

From a rather neutral perspective and having watched this video five times so far, I say this looks like solid work of story writing, tention building and movie making.

Who else is excited for this? What do you think about the possibilities of seeing a return of Boba Fett in the series? What could be the plot of this series? Your ideas?

Please, let us know in the comments below!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 12:46:32 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 02:22:25 AM »
I need to take some time this weekend to just take a few hours and go through all the Celebration News and sort it in my head. Off to share.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 07:08:44 AM »
Well, I was already on board for this, but after the reel shown on D23 I'm pretty much super excited for this series. I hope it's a gritty show, really showing the underbelly of the GFFA. And for some reason I hope the Mando doesn't say one single word in the entire series :D

Anyway, today is a joyful day. As you probably know, Disney+ rolls out in Northern America AND the Netherlands this november. I already set up an account and today I got notice I can activate it and already enjoy the content on Dosney+ !!! And there is some content to behold, fellow yarders :D Best of all, it's free till November!

I already saw the entire Clone Wars and Rebels series is up, as well as some funny Lego shorts.

But can't wait till November 12, though!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:42:00 AM by Mr. Black »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:31:07 AM »
Thats pretty sweet. I definitely will have it.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 06:58:36 PM »
Did y'all catch the last trailer? I saw a Super Battle Droid and a Droid Gunship.

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 03:04:05 AM »
Coo deal, I like seeing them riding the beasties too. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 04:13:13 AM »
Thank you for sharing this, RC! And sorry for my late response.
Honestly. When I first saw this second trailer I was most excited about seeing the Droid Gunship! Then I read the comments that there even is a Super Battle Droid visible, but it took me a review on YouTube to know where it is.
The overall theme looks very promising to me. I hope Disney will launch their payTV by April 2020 here in Germany. If not I gotta visit the Netherlands and watch The Mandalorian there.

And the best part of the trailer is: It all makes sense! It looks athentic! (unlike the SZ)
I really like what I'm seeing and it looks like this is the general echo so far.
Re-activating some CIS units from the Clone Wars and Imperial weapons falling into the hands of pirates after The Revolution are two more another ideas I really dig!!
Can't wait for more content!

Thanks for sharing the latest!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 04:30:25 AM »
I think the Cone Wars era stuff is featured in flashback scenes. In one of the trailers we see a little boy, who I think will eventually be "the Mandalorian".  You also hear Werner Herzog say it is a shame "your people suffered", perhaps talking to the Mandalorian about what happened when he was just a boy.

Anyway, I am super excited for this series. Just one more night's sleep and a day's work and then it's here! Woohoo!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »
This show is badass. I watched the first episode. It has everything we have been looking for in Star Wars since 2015.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 01:23:55 AM »
I think the Cone Wars era stuff is featured in flashback scenes. In one of the trailers we see a little boy, who I think will eventually be "the Mandalorian".  You also hear Werner Herzog say it is a shame "your people suffered", perhaps talking to the Mandalorian about what happened when he was just a boy.

Anyway, I am super excited for this series. Just one more night's sleep and a day's work and then it's here! Woohoo!

And you were exactly right, Mr. Black! No CIS units after the OT. I think many OT fans would be upset about that anyway.
They got me there! But I'm sure "Darth Rey" is also just a vision/fear to trigger/trap fans in the trailer of Episode IX.

Well, the general echo on Facebook and YouTube is very postive! So I hope you're alson happy with the premiere of this series? I'm super happy that Disney+ is available in the Netherlands already! I tried to stream it online, but I can obviously find shady pages only, that don't even work. I might have to come visit you, soon! I will bring popcorn for the next epsiodes of course ;) jk But I heard from people in the UK who watched it already, but they didn't say how...
What are your thoughts on The Mandalorian? I hope you caught some sleep yesterday and could focus on work a little. 

This show is badass. I watched the first episode. It has everything we have been looking for in Star Wars since 2015.

It's a blessing to hear that, RC! I like the fact that Bounty Hunters receive more attention now. The scene on the bridge in ESB is way too short anyway and Boba Fett didn't hit anyone on screen before he falls in the pit. By the way I think it's very likely that Boba Fett will appear in the TV series! I think Disney will bring him back. He's such an excellent villain and too good to let him die in the desert. And I find it plausible that he could escape the Sarlacc.
Thanks for sharing your first impression!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:32:37 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 01:30:31 AM »
I was SO close to watch it, but the pages I found are not trustworthy (of course they're not!).
Well, I listened to some videos on YouTube and now I'm pretty much spoiled on the first episode of the show. I will avoid that for all coming epsiodes, though. Still try to watch it myself before the end of March 2020! Has anyone outside the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands found a way to watch it online already? Please, let me know. I'm way to thrilled to watch this...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 03:58:32 AM »
I watched it last night and enjoyed every second of it. To me it had the kind of feel of the ole Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef Spaghetti Westerns. Seeing insight into Mando Culture is just fantastic. I don't want to give too much away, but seeing a Mandalorian Armourer in action working some Mando Metal was just awesome! I look forward to seeing what more they give us and that final scene. This show is gonna leave us wanting more each episode.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 03:58:55 AM »
Did anyone else watch it? I would love to hear folk's opinions.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 05:13:56 AM »
IT WAS AWESOME. Can't wait until Friday for the next Finally somebody got it right. This is Star Wars at it's best.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 05:46:09 AM »
All, I can say is WOW, WOW and WOW loved it and the other good thing is that I can see people making so many custom figures and diorama's .

Ron