Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144385 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »
In these first four shots, Here is that original version of that mount in various positions.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2009, 08:51:24 AM »
Looking at it from the front, I decided that the whole rangefinder assy needed to be taken in closer to the helmet which is a simple process of trimming the grommet and the mounting wire both a bit shorter.
These four shots show it after I trimmed it closer. I may yet do it again but think that it looks ok, now.
"this is the first time that I have ever made a multi position rangefinder mod to a helmet" I may have to thicken up the mounting wire a bit with paint so that it's swing movement is tighter within the grommet.
I love the eyes on this helmet. I don't know how you drill those small holes, but seeing is believing.
I am just now believing it myself, buddy!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2009, 08:57:23 AM »
A few more pics of the modded helmet, three with it mounted on our figure. I trimmed the antennia shorter and still need to perform the remainder of the touch up painting to the extra helmet and a bit to the armor plates of the figure.

The sun is shining here so you can expect some nice final reveal pics real soon and after that, I will reveal the details of the contest and initiate it.
Looks good to me. I love how that is mounted with the antennea on one side and the flippy rangefinder on the other.
That was the whole look that I had envisioned when I first decided to use that resin helmet.
I think that it's turning out just fine. And yes, I am liking the look of the reflective copper visor, as well.
Thanks for your comments, Shawn, but do you really think anyone is gonna want this dusty old mando? ::)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »
this mando makes cad bane look like a baby!
LOL!!
Shawn, but do you really think anyone is gonna want this dusty old mando? ::)

Wish I could get my hands on him!
Oh, Tamer, this guy is for display, not play. If your daughter needs a bounty hunter to go with her little people, she will just have to wait until I send you your snow mando.

I just wrapped up all of  the last min touch ups and he is really looking pretty dapper, as far as Desert Camo Mandos go.
This is a special project for a special site and I put alot of heart into this one "and possibly a small bit of frustration but not much" I hope you guys like it because, "sniff" I have to give him away, now.

I shaved the rangefinder's mounting grommet a bit more, pulling it even closer to the helmet, I touched up black paint on the mando helmet visor, painted the antenna, and the soles of his boots black. I touched up that lighter color on his holster and corresponding belt, I painted the one belt buckle in the front and the two in the back flat grey, and I touched up the dark brown on those belts, the biker scout visor parameter,that one side vent that I mentioned and the yellow on both helmets, and the rangefinder which got a touch of dk brown detail, also. Oh, and I thickened the rangefinder's mounting wire with paint and it's motion is as resistant as I wanted, now.

Here are a few teaser pics prior to the final reveal.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:30:06 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
OK, it's final reveal time folks!! It's sunny out so I took the cat and the mando out to my deck and took some nice bright outside shots of our mando and his dio.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »
Four more shots including his diorama, this time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2009, 03:28:04 PM »
Some more shots of the desert mando including some with his extra helmet.
I will post some different pics of this project in my diorama thread.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2009, 06:51:52 AM »
Trying to supplement my income, I hopped back onto the Clone Wars skinny incinerator trooper. I have worked on it for several hours, this morning and have his graphics squared away as well as the complete repaint of his white armor and the touchups to his black visor and body undercoverings.
    Time to work on his dio.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »
Here are some final reveal pics of the Incinerator trooper and his dio before I made a little touchup on the red to the left of his visor that was bugging me. There are some different shots that I posted in my diorama thread.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »
More pics of the incinerator trooper on the dark planet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »
My two favorite pics are in this posting.
Plus, here's a shot of the incinerator trooper posed with Ponds on his dio.
For the life of me, I can't see what is bugging you about this one, looks daggone perfect to me.
The red stripe looked too wide twards the top on the left side of his visor. you know how I am, buddy.
Thanks for the compliment, though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »
Time for another project. The plan is to use this modified resin RC helmet to make a desert ops RC trooper.
I am going to use a color scheme similar to the desert mando's but using some different colors and using the paint scheme layout from a stock Scorch. The dark undercoverings are going to be the darker brown that I used for the mando and I will apply the camo to the lighter brown areas. The plan is to use the same copper foil for this guy's visor as I used for the contest mando's extra helmet.

Speaking of contest mando, you registered members have less than two weeks to get your entry into the contest .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:54:05 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »
I've been working on straightening up my hoard in my basement the last couple of days, and came across this sketch I made while planning details for that Pre-hasbro clone general Obi Wan that I made, so long ago.
This was apparently made prior to me using the flexable plastic vader cape as a cape mold as I have a pattern drawn there, for a cape to be made from.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 01:30:06 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2009, 04:45:30 AM »
Got a couple of update shots, here, on the desert ops RC fig.
  I am still working out some peg fit problems on the modded RC head so I haven't put any more paint on that one.
I thought it might be fun to make another head for him and found this old stock plastic atrt driver head laying around. I have the primary app of the three body colors done and now, I am doing detail washes in the cracks and seams in his armor and helmet. The obligatory touch ups in the corresponding surrounding colors will follow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
And here they are. As stated, I massaged the modded mix of resin helmets so that they fit the peg and now the chore is to apply the bare metal foil, again. What makes this a chore is that apparantly this stuff has a shelf life as far as how long the adhesive on the back of it stays good. Normally one would only have to brandish a piece over the area, and then trim to fit with a knife and peel away the excess. This adhesive isn't sticking so I had to superglue it in 3-4 places so that the foil would stick, and then, trim away the excess.