Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144392 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
Got some update pics on the bly figure. I'm taking baby steps here but I touched up the white on his flip-visor and added some black for the visor itself. I also touched up the black on his undercoverings. I got his hair painted on also. I need to touch up his kama and perhaps the gold in a spot or two and all that remains is to dirty him up a bit.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:32:21 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »
I also got some black paint on the pieces of his chain gun. I still haven't dug out a fat rifle for him, Logan. I will do that tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2009, 08:26:28 PM »
I believe that Bly is finished. I added some suttle weathering to him by drybrushing some dark brown onto his boots, legs, arms, torso, and just a hint on his helmet. I wasn't going for the muddy look here or anything and just made him less shiny like Logan had suggested.
  I dug out a large legacy rifle for him and drilled out the barrel, painted the stock dark brown, and then drybrushed the rifle with light ghost grey paint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #393 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
more pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #394 on: October 12, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »
Well I didn't have as much free time on my vacation as I had hoped for as most of it was spent cobbling together a staircase down a hillside. I did manage to get some paint work done on that removable helmet ARF trooper that I had started on some time ago. Looking at the Clone Wars Movie scene, I decided that my field grey camo needed to be a dark gull grey instead so I repainted the whole thing and lack some work on his legs and visor. I had decided on the grey for his belt with black where the cracks are. I still need to detail paint this one badly. I should have more time to work on this stuff now as It looks like I am layed off this week.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #395 on: October 13, 2009, 10:17:37 PM »
Well I got the grey part of the camo done on the arf trooper all except for the helmet and decided to come back over it with touch ups in white. this white I am using is pretty bright and I like the contrast from the grey so i will continue the tedious camo touch up until I am done with the entire body. The helmet still needs some fine tuning paint wise as does his belt.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #396 on: October 14, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »
Yes I am still plinking on the touch ups to this dude's camo. My lighting could be better in these shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #397 on: October 14, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
After much time spend tweaking and touching up the camo, I am ready to start working on the final details of  this arf trooper. Some more detail and touch up painting are needed in the belt and helmet area at least.
this one is getting close to completion though and I am ready to move on.

I will take some brighter shots of him tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #398 on: October 14, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
And for my next contracted project,"sigh" I am to paint up this Galactic Marine fig to wear the colors of this 501st trooper. It is just requested as a straight repaint but I might whip up an extra mixed helmet just to spice things up.

All I have done to this battlefront 2 fig, thus far, is to get a primer coat of white on his armor and boots.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #399 on: October 15, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »
Ahem! I have a small announcement to make....YOUV'E BEEN HANGARBAY'D

Clonehead, I have to say that your customs are beyond awesome!, this little work of art really does nothing to show off your amazing talent. I would have loved to have done something with more troops in...but time is fairly limited right now!

I recommend to anyone looking at this post, go back to page 1 and have a browse through, here lieth some of the most awesome customs on the net...

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #400 on: October 15, 2009, 04:20:47 PM »
Tamer, that one isn't the one I actually wanted to start working on. I will preview the one that I wish to start with soon.
  here are some more pics of the one I did with the cody/veers helmet which I believe resides in John's collection now.
brilliant camo work with a Low-Light style red visor, he one ass kicking name taking clonetrooper.  I'd hate to be witness to the nasty deeds he committed when he was ordered to carry out Order 66

And I came to find a couple of pics of the Teaser that I made for Tamer some time ago. It was a custom painted GM with a custom resin helmet and a resin chain gun that stood apon a little snow dio with a dead battle droid partially buried in the snow.

boy's got a cigarette in his mouth, that's an incredible touch of realism that makes him seem very human, and remniscent of a soldiers life in the field as told in countless stories from actual veterans and shows like Band of Brothers.  Awesome design on this guy, he's akin to the bad boy Marines that Bacara would have commanded instead of those strange magenta guys in the movie.

You are too kind my friend. I have wondered before if some of my paint jobs had any influance over some of the figs that they have produced. covert ops trooper, atrt assault squad. I really have no idea.
  Here is a pic of that fig under a black light so you can see the glowing quality of his visor.
that's one of the most unique and surreal looking clone troopers I've ever seen I think and I love it.   Now I've never made or even considered making a blacklight reactive custom before but I might want to someday now. 

• Captain
« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
I chopped off a couple of the super battle droid's limbs, drilled in some wire and wire insulation, painted the center of the hacked off limbs black and painted the edges and the ends of the wire and insulation detail neon orange to simulate the hot metal of a fresh light sabre cut.
YES!!!  Yes, I love this!   Hasbro likes to fake battle damage on a toy sometimes but it lacks the paint and detail to show that is DAMAGED.   Nonfunctional beyond repair SBD there is genius!   :o

As promised, I have some more pics of the ATTE gunner fig with the hollow Bacura helmet.
"Mr Skirata says Kaminoans shouldn't touch us in certain ways!"

LOL  sorry, I couldn't resist

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:32:25 PM by night force cynic »

• Captain
« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2009, 05:36:34 PM »
And even more pics......
"I ain't got time to bleed, Commander Keller, we got us some tinnies to dismantle!"

HELL YES!  I love the design and the whole look of that one.  Fantastic!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »
I love to look at those former customs. Thanks again, NFC, for your continuing review. You have gotten quite a ways through it, I see.

I didn't get much painting done on this GM figure but since I was casting most of the day, I worked up some parts for him. I was thinking of mounting a flip-visor to his helmet and thought a resin helmet would be better for mounting it. I may have to shave some of the inside of the visor off so that It will fit better for the viewing position but it looks good up like this. The buyer wants a big rifle so, I casted one up for him.

• Captain
« Reply #404 on: October 16, 2009, 03:17:27 AM »
I love to look at those former customs. Thanks again, NFC, for your continuing review. You have gotten quite a ways through it, I see.
plenty more is forthcoming   :)

I didn't get much painting done on this GM figure but since I was casting most of the day, I worked up some parts for him. I was thinking of mounting a flip-visor to his helmet and thought a resin helmet would be better for mounting it. I may have to shave some of the inside of the visor off so that It will fit better for the viewing position but it looks good up like this. The buyer wants a big rifle so, I casted one up for him.

that's pretty dang cool

can you make one of those castings for me?